Please Comment On Your SRX's Ride Quality
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Please Comment On Your SRX's Ride Quality in Cadillac SRX Forums; I've had 2 '10 SRX loaners. They seem somewhat stiff legged and wooden in the ride department. Obvioulsy they are ...
    b4z
    b4z is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Standard SrX grey/black

Please Comment On Your SRX's Ride Quality

I've had 2 '10 SRX loaners. They seem somewhat stiff legged and wooden in the ride department. Obvioulsy they are fwd which often don't handle small impacts as well due to the extra weight upfront. Something that plagues Audis too.
    how do you guys and gals feel about the ride quality and is there anytiing that you would change? Maybe the jounce in the shocks or spring rates etc.

I am a 3 time 1st gen SRX owner and a current '11 CTS owner. The 1st gen always had the ability to be thrown into a curve but had decent ride quality. The CTS is superior in ride and cornering.

Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

b4z

Re: Please Comment On Your SRX's Ride Quality

Wanted to add that both cars were base with no options. have not driven on with touring suspension and magnetorehological shocks.

Smokin' SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 Perf 3.0,AWD, 2011 Yukon Denali,(403HP), had 04 SRX

b4Z, that language is unnecessary! LOL

Seriously, I 'm on my soapbox now! I think most newer cars have the hardest damn seats I've ever felt. Saw the 2011 Audi Q-7 CUV recently and I think they stuff bricks in the seat cushions! SRX is better but pales compared to the nice stuffing my 2003 Yukon had. Or the Caddy DTS sedan has. Sad.

As to ride...... all the Base and most of the Luxury SRX have 18" tires. They ride 10-15% better than the 20" on my Performance.model. That's my opinion having driven both 20 & 18". My 20's have the self adjusting shocks. The 18" did not, to be fair. Assuming you drove one with proper air inflation
    ( don't say "yes"- you'd be shocked at what gets put in these days!) and didn't like it, don't get an SRX w/o thorough test drives of model you want.

I also test drove a 2011 AWD CTS ( I think it had 18" tires) and found it a bit better than an SRX with 18" tires. Definitely softer than 20" SRX by alot. Still I bought the 20's on my SRX and keep 2 lbs less air than called for. (unless going on high speed trip of 15 miles or longer/carrying 4 passengers instead of me and wife only.) Find this acceptable. Yes tires will wear 10% sooner. Don't care.

All above SRX/CTS handled outstanding for anything I would need and I do drive at 90MPH on occasion.

TEST drive long and often.......
    Good luck.
    SS

GMJim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04,06,10 SRX; 2011/14 CTS Wagon

I had a 2010 SRX for a year. I now drive a 2011 CTS wagon, and just love it. Nuff said.

b4z

Well, I should have gotten the CTS wagon. I was so intent on getting the CTS befoer the New Year that I didn't even stop to think about the wagons I had seen at Harry's on the Hill in Asheville, NC 2 months prior that had $8K discounts on them. I probably could have done the deal and had the car sent down to Charleston or driven the 3.5hrs to Asheville and picked it up.

Oh well.

The probelm with my CTS is that it is pretty tight inside and the SRX has a little more width. Also, with the front seat back we can't get the baby set in and I have to pull the front seat up to a position that I wouldn't be able to handle for a couple hour trip. Also the trunk will barely handle the stroller. Most of those dimensions would remain the same with the wagon.

algiorda is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 , 2010, 2014 Luxury Raven Blk w/Ebony

Quote Originally Posted by GMJim View Post
    I had a 2010 SRX for a year. I now drive a 2011 CTS wagon, and just love it. Nuff said.
    GMJim, wasn't it YOU who said once; "What do you expect from the SRX? It's an SUV, not a Sedan Deville?"

GMJim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04,06,10 SRX; 2011/14 CTS Wagon

That would be me. That's why I drive a wagon now.

Sedan Deville ride, and the cargo space of an SRX. Love it!!!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.