Cadillac Owners Forum banner

My almost delivery fiasco

2K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  Black SRX Perf 
#1 ·
I finally convinced my wife to take a look at the 2011 AWD luxury model, she currently has a 2010 Ml Mercedes, I had a the maximun allowable of gm money plus the bonus mailing, and to boot ,equity in the Mercedes lease to walk away with cash, anyway, I went to do the delivery at Fred Beans Cadillac and noticed a chip on the paint smack in the center of the passenger front door ( Black Raven), well the salesman STILL expected me to do the delivery and for them to fix afterwards, he also BLAMED me , that this probably happened during the test drive, IMO, wrong answer, he should have not blamed me and offered to find a different vehicle, I am now going to a different dealership that is not so low class, the Gm card points were redeemed but I never took delivery, I will assume I will get these points back, also anyone have any good pictures of Ice Black Metallic . Just my ranting, ANGRY.:mad:

#2 ·
Honestly, you were treated very unprofessionally. Period. That being said, I know most dealers will expect you to take delivery of a car EVEN with a small blem. 99% of the time it's professionally fixed beyond reproach. I've done it. BUT you are the customer and YOU are the boss.

Call GM Credit Card (number on back of Card) and explain the sit, as the Dealer may try to "Hold" your GM points as a bargaining chip. If you like the Dealer's location, reputation, and facilities, you may consider giving them another chance. I always try to overlook one stupid employee . 2 is another story! LOL

Finally, see my Album for some side molding ideas. This sled is very prone to door bangs.....

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/members/smokin-srx-albums-2010-platinum-ice.html

SS

#3 ·
I park all of my cars further out in the parking lot or against landscaping. I don't want any non factory paint on the sheetmetal from a repair. And the OP shouldn't either. Shame on them.
And even if you had put the chip in the door they should have offered to fix with no questions asked and a smile.

#4 ·
I agree with Smokin......other than the one knucklehead employee, it sounds as if you picked out a dealer, a vehicle, and a price point all filling your requirements. The one ding can be mitigated to your complete satisfaction if you insist and go up a level or two in the chain of command to seal the deal.

PJ

#5 ·
It is a deep chip that goes down to the white primer on a black vehicle, it is smack in the middle of the passenger door, it definitely occured at the dealership as I inspected the vehicle from top to bottom, somebody defintely hit the door, my wife wants nothing to do with the dealership especially since the saleman said not once but three times that it occured on the test drive, well I have another dealership at the same monthly lease payment, just have to hope the trade in is at the same value and my 1500 bonus dollars on top of my gm earnings are still valid, by the way the chip is the size of a pencil eraser. Another question, can the dealer get paid any of the 1000 gm dollars if the deal and paperwork wasn't done ?

#8 ·
I once had a very similar experience at a Ford Dealership but it was when I took the Truck in for service. When I came to pick up the Truck there was a ding in the door, really pissed me off! After some heated discussion they did repair the door and I kept the paperwork.
Anyway, I would absolutely have a talk with the GM. In this economy I am sure that he wants this deal to go through. I would expect that they would at least try to make it right. If done right the repair could be seamless and what the heck ask for another $500.00 for the hassle! This particular Salesman may not be there tomorrow but the Dealership wants you to keep coming back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.