SRX internal blue tooth phone connection VS Onstar Phone:
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, SRX internal blue tooth phone connection VS Onstar Phone: in Cadillac SRX Forums; I have a 7 month free trial of OnStar. They had trouble activating my account (took a long long time ...
    Kuya is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Luxury, Black Raven with Nav

SRX internal blue tooth phone connection VS Onstar Phone:

I have a 7 month free trial of OnStar. They had trouble activating my account (took a long long time on hold), so they threw in some free Onstar Phone minutes. This, after they offered me 60 minutes at a very low into rate of $4.99.

I had initially declined the special offer, thinking . . . The blue tooth phone (paired with my iphone4) works GREAT !! So, what is the point of buying minutes for my Onstar Phone.

Sure, there might be a rare occasion every 30 years that you happen to break down or need a phone in an area with no cell reception . . but is it worth it? Does anyone use it?

My iphone works SUPER in the SRX. Friends and family say it is crystal clear and even better than my $200 planaatronics blue tooth headset. I have no complaints about the blue tooth phone system at all. Easy to use, easy to store numbers, and tags . . easy to answer, hang up. Love it.

Onstar phone? Anyone use it? Is it worth it? What exactly do you love about it?

And Finally . . .

I like the Emergency solutions with Onstar. . . but everything else it offers (for 2010 models) is just boring . . for me, anyway.

The phone in weather? Is awful. No options to hear weather for other areas? Just where my car is currently.

Traffic report? I'm sorry but that's not available in your area. GREAT.

Stocks? LOL, sure, lots of people who can afford Caddy's care about stocks . .but not me hahaa.

OnStar Nav??? What is the point, if we have the great nav system build into the dash? (understood not all models have that. . )

Mylink? Very cool . . but not avail for 2010 SRX . Although I hear a rumor they will be making it backwards compatible . . but not sure of time frame.

What else can Onstar Do or offer?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Re: SRX internal blue tooth phone connection VS Onstar Phone:

if you break down in an area with no cell reception OnStar isn't going to be very helpful since it uses the cell networks just like your phone.
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

I actually use my OnStar phone a lot, when i'm travelling in the states and don't want to rack up out of country charges on my cell phone! Bonus!
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

Smokin' SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 Perf 3.0,AWD, 2011 Yukon Denali,(403HP), had 04 SRX

I use it for quick calls often. Very powerful signal, (3 watts compared to average .5-1 watt on cells) no dead/weak batts beeping while I talk. Sometimes I forget my cell @ home, so...... Just keep a minimum amount of minutes in it.

Glad you're enjoying your X!

SS

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.