More Questions - Two Front Vented Seats
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, More Questions - Two Front Vented Seats in Cadillac SRX Forums; First let me start off by saying that yes, I have read the manual Sometimes my ADHD assists me in ...
    Kuya is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Luxury, Black Raven with Nav

More Questions - Two Front Vented Seats

First let me start off by saying that yes, I have read the manual Sometimes my ADHD assists me in "missing details" no matter how many times I read the manuals, so please forgive me if this is a simple answer haha.

How do I set it so that my Vented seats turn on automatically when I remote start my SRX?

I have gone into the config and checked the area for vented seats to turn on with remote start. (I also have heated seats in config set to do the same . . does that matter? I just figured that the climate control would know which one to turn on, depending on the temperature).

I also manually turn on the vented seats before I shut off the SRX . . yet it does not appear they ever turn on automatically when I start her up. With summer coming, I would really like to figure this out.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD

Re: More Questions - Two Front Vented Seats

Once you've turned the feature on in the Config Menu, you're good to go. The ventilated (cooled) seats automatically turn on during remote starts at temperatures above 80 degrees, as measured by the outside air temperature sensor. The heated seats come on at temps below 50 degrees. Be advised, the LED indicators do NOT illuminate when the heated seats come on during remote start. I have no idea why none of this is mentioned in the owner's manual.

Sube

THANK YOU!

You are correct in that I was confused because the lights do not come on . . confirming that the seats are being ventilated or heated. That is good information!

Quote Originally Posted by sube5186 View Post
    Once you've turned the feature on in the Config Menu, you're good to go. The ventilated (cooled) seats automatically turn on during remote starts at temperatures above 80 degrees, as measured by the outside air temperature sensor. The heated seats come on at temps below 50 degrees. Be advised, the LED indicators do NOT illuminate when the heated seats come on during remote start. I have no idea why none of this is mentioned in the owner's manual.

Sube

GMJim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04,06,10 SRX; 2011/14 CTS Wagon

Welcome back Sube

Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by sube5186 View Post
    ... Be advised, the LED indicators do NOT illuminate when the heated seats come on during remote start. I have no idea why none of this is mentioned in the owner's manual.

Sube
    NOTE: It takes a bit longer for the heated seats to warm up the lower seat cushion because the newer heated elements design now have some separation/air between them and the bottom seat cushion. In my previous GM vehicles the heated seats warmed up much faster than they do with the SRX and some of the newer vehicles do i.e. Terrain & Equinox etc.

Jake2010 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX - Premium - Black Raven / Titanium - Chrome Tech

Kuya, I noticed you have the Premium Collection SRX which has the rear heated seats as well... another interesting thing is that if you remote start the car with the heated seats option on, the icons illuminate on the rear console controls telling you that the rear seats are heating. Just doesn't happen on the front seats

Thanks Marc . . Good to know!

Jake - sometimes I just wonder . . what were people thinking during design?

Actually, it happens all the time where I work. Big projects, too many people, too many functions - it all gets divided up between groups who don't know how to communicate. Thus you end up with things that sometimes, just don't make sense logically as a big picture

As long as it IS working, I can live without the front icons illuminating.

On another note . . when I turn on the vented seats, I feel a small bit of cool air coming from the back area of the seats, but not enough that I would write home about it. Am I missing something? It's nice that it came with the Prem model, but knowing what I know now, I would never pay extra for this if it was not included already.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Nope Kuya, that is the vented seats. Just enough that you don't get swass. lol
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Quote Originally Posted by Kuya View Post
    Thanks Marc . . Good to know!

Jake - sometimes I just wonder . . what were people thinking during design?

Actually, it happens all the time where I work. Big projects, too many people, too many functions - it all gets divided up between groups who don't know how to communicate. Thus you end up with things that sometimes, just don't make sense logically as a big picture

As long as it IS working, I can live without the front icons illuminating.

On another note . . when I turn on the vented seats, I feel a small bit of cool air coming from the back area of the seats, but not enough that I would write home about it. Am I missing something? It's nice that it came with the Prem model, but knowing what I know now, I would never pay extra for this if it was not included already.
    That's why there's supposed to be a Quality Assurance Department. Wonder what happened to the one at GM ?

Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by stevec5375 View Post
    That's why there's supposed to be a Quality Assurance Department. Wonder what happened to the one at GM ?
    Steve... shhhhh don't tell anyone but we hold ALL our "Quality Assurance" meetings in top secret at GM ...

sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD

There's a misconception with regard to the ventilated seats. The ventilated seats don't "blow" cool air. There's a fan that "draws" warm air away from the seating surfaces. So don't expect ice cold air emanating from your seats. Theoretically, that would not be the best design because your body would block the air flow.

You will NOT feel the seating surface get warm to the touch. There's padding between the heating element and the seating surface. Running your hand across the surface is not an adequate test to confirm that the heated seats are functioning. The cushion needs to be compressed in order to feel the heat. Therefore, you can only test them by actually sitting in the seats. When you're sitting in the seats, I think you'll find that the heat is almost instantaneous. At least it is in mine.

Sube

GMJim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04,06,10 SRX; 2011/14 CTS Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by stevec5375 View Post
    Sounds like somebody's perscription of nice pills has expired. Time for Dr. Sal to write another.

Smokin' SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 Perf 3.0,AWD, 2011 Yukon Denali,(403HP), had 04 SRX

Kuya, The seats are definitely NOT attached/connected/dependent on the factory A/C sysytem. They eliminate heat build up between you and the leather. Depending on the interior air temp, your clothing material and if the leather (black? ) has been baking in the sun will make the difference in the feel. EG..... a hot bodied person wearing a light cotton shirt, sitting on hot leather may have a tiny bit of moisture on their skin. Turn on the vented seats and the air under the leather surface begins to flow past you. You will feel a "cold" air stream! It's just your skins reaction to the air moving thru the seat surface and touching the moist clothing. (think standing in front of a fan in a hot room) With A/C on, the circulated cabin air is even cooler, thus some will say they even feel cold -bottomed, after awhile. No electric (Peltier effect) or piped in A/C of any kind.

The effect will disappoint some, but compared to a leather seat heating up, under your body, on a 90* day..... it makes a big difference. I love mine in my Yukon Denali. Wish my Performance SRX had them

SS

LOL @ SWASS !!!

But thanks everyone for explaining the vented seats. Makes much more sense now. I don't want to show up to my destination with SWAMP SWASS.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.