The New 2012 20 Inch Wheel
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, The New 2012 20 Inch Wheel in Cadillac SRX Forums; Since I didn't want to wait to get a closer look on the dealers lot to be able to see ...
    Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

The New 2012 20 Inch Wheel

Since I didn't want to wait to get a closer look on the dealers lot to be able to see the new 2012 20" rims I asked a good friend of mine to see if he could get me a better photo of the new finished 20" wheel. Soooooooooo I thought perhaps some of you might want to see it too.

For a change of pace I think I might just order this nice looking wheel on my next Performance SRX order.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Kuya is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Luxury, Black Raven with Nav

Re: 2012 20 Inch Wheel

Marc NY,

This is going to sound pretty dumb but . . . . I am looking at your photo and I am staring out the window at my 2010 . . and I keep looking back and forth. What is the difference in the rims ?? Are mine and those made of different materials because to my eyes, they look very very similiar

Quote Originally Posted by Marc NY View Post
    Since I didn't want to wait to see this on a dealers lot to look at the new 2012 20" rims I asked a good friend of mine to see if he could get me a better photo of the new finished 20" wheel. Soooooooooo I thought perhaps some of you might want to see it too.

I think I might order this nice looking wheel on my next Performance SRX order.

Marc NY,

This is a dumb question . . . what is the difference between those and the 2010/11 20" wheels? I keep looking at your photo and out the window at my 2010 . . . They look very similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuya View Post
    Marc NY,

This is a dumb question . . . what is the difference between those and the 2010/11 20" wheels? I keep looking at your photo and out the window at my 2010 . . . They look very similar.
    The new 2012 wheel now has a bright machined surface with painted accents. The previous version (your wheels) were an all painted wheel. Both are similar and both are great looking wheels... just a newer look to the 2012 wheels.

Re: The New 2012 20 Inch Wheel

Ahhhh. . .got it!

I kinda like the new buffed shiny look

Smokin' SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 Perf 3.0,AWD, 2011 Yukon Denali,(403HP), had 04 SRX

great pix Marc! I too like the bright finish w/dark accents. I might have chosen over the chrome-tech, due to the tender nature of the chrome finish....... Good to have friends @ the factory. LOL

SS

Quote Originally Posted by Smokin' SRX View Post
    great pix Marc! I too like the bright finish w/dark accents. I might have chosen over the chrome-tech, due to the tender nature of the chrome finish....... Good to have friends @ the factory. LOL

SS
    SS you are so right.... well actually he works at the Ren Center.

BTW: I am strongly considering getting those new 20" wheels next time.

Young Chris 101 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

Photos #1 & #3 help to show the new rims up closer with the newer machined finish look on the 2012 SRXs. The new rims will definitely stand out more when viewed in bright light... and will definitely cast a nice reflection.

FYI: I loved the look of the chrome rims on my 2010 but again you have to remember those chromes rims are very very delicate and any kind of small hit will cause the chrome to peel and separate from the plastic... and are VERY expensive to replace. Don't forget the harsh winters up north with all the heavy salt can take a huge toll on the chrome finish too.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.