New Order
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, New Order in Cadillac SRX Forums; How long does it usually take if the dealer has to goto the factory to order the vehicle? I have ...
    TolsonSmith is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX

New Order

How long does it usually take if the dealer has to goto the factory to order the vehicle? I have ordered the Prem and its been 7 weeks already.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Marc NY is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

Re: New Order

Usually 6-8 weeks. There can be a longer delay if something is on constraint (hopefully it isn't a paint constraint).

Call your salesman tomorrow and ask him to check to see if the your order has been preferenced yet. He should be able to tell you where it is in the GM build system. He may be able to tell you the SRX was built last week (hopefully) if so when will it be shipped. Since it is made in Mexico it might take upwards of 7-10 days to get to your dealership depending how long it takes to come thru to Canada.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Yea Tolson, i had mine ordered too. Once the dealer got allocation (took them two months from the day i actually ordered), it arrived in 5 weeks from its actual order "production accepted" date, to the dealer lot. Ordered from Brandon, MB.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

TolsonSmith is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX

I finally get to pick mine un on Monday (June 6). Its been a while since it was ordered in March. Looking forward to it.

Smokin' SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 Perf 3.0,AWD, 2011 Yukon Denali,(403HP), had 04 SRX

All the best!!

Do a walk around, check the air pressure (from dash..... they all seem to come with 40 freakin- lbs!!) and drive her home!! Ya lucky guy!

Come back soon with impressions, please.

SS

Jake2010 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX - Premium - Black Raven / Titanium - Chrome Tech

Congrats!!

I remember the day I picked up my baby... it was great... her birthday is 6/5, so she's 1 year old and no problems at all.
    Hope you have the same luck!!

SS - where you running your tires? Dealer keeps puttin 37-38 lbs of nitrogen when I'm in for service... I got the 20's

Quote Originally Posted by Jake2010 View Post
    Congrats!!

I remember the day I picked up my baby... it was great... her birthday is 6/5, so she's 1 year old and no problems at all.
    Hope you have the same luck!!

SS - where you running your tires? Dealer keeps puttin 37-38 lbs of nitrogen when I'm in for service... I got the 20's
    I'm a tire pressure addict! LOL I don't use nitrogen as it only helps a limited number of rim leaks and such..... not much else. Doesn't hurt either because the air we breathe is already 78% nitrogen!! For free. "

ok I wanted a softer ride from these 20" but know excessive wear and heat danger (blow-outs) can result from going too low in air pressure. So some experimentation yielded: I run 33 PSI COLD (2 lbs less than Caddy recco- not tire manufacturer recco) at all 4 corners, for my wife and I, just about town with an occassional 10 mile highway sprint up to 65 MPH. If I take a longer highway trips, especially with cargo or 4 people on-board, or intend to go over 65 MPH, back to 35PSI COLD. Remember "cold" means car sat about 6 hours (overnight is better) and if needed, driven a max of 1 mile to a service station for air. On the highway 36/39 PSI HOT pressure is normal, depending on air temps, your speed, etc. Too many variables, so cold reading preferred.

Expect 10% more tire wear with the 33 PSI setting.

SS

Note: If prolonged 100MPH speeds are anticipated, go to 38PSI COLD! Your ride will suffer but the tires will stay on! The max pressure allowed on our 20" tires is 44PSI cold. Don't ever go above.

dup.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.