XM price increase inevitable?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, XM price increase inevitable? in Cadillac SRX Forums; When the two satellite companies merged 3 years ago, the FCC required that they keep the $12.95 monthly fee for ...
    Willo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

XM price increase inevitable?

When the two satellite companies merged 3 years ago, the FCC required that they keep the $12.95 monthly fee for 36 months. That time is now up and there are strong indications on Wall Street that the price you pay for satellite reception in your SRX (or other car) will be increasing or to keep the price the same, you will receive fewer channels for the same price (similar to cable TV's tier pricing).

This article explains what may be on the horizon.

http://siriusbuzz.com/sirius-xms-cha...ew-pricing.php

We all agree that most of the time, a reduced rate for XM is available if you ask for it, but those low rates may be a thing of the past.

The best way to insure the prices rermain low would be to let the FCC (Federal Communications Commission) know how you feel. They still have the final say. The time to do it is now (fcc.gov)

By the way, do you feel that XM delivers a decent product for the price you are paying?

I, for one, feel that if I was not able to negotiate a lower rate it would be way overpriced for what is delivered.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

algiorda is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 , 2010, 2014 Luxury Raven Blk w/Ebony

Re: XM price increase inevitable?

It's not going up for me, because I got rid of it. When Serius Took over, the service and billing practices went downhill. When it came time to renew my service, they automatically charged me the top tier programming for two years at a whopping $348.00. When I cancelled, they tried to entice me to stay for $2.50 per month for 3 months; $5.00 mo for 6 months, or $7.98 for 12 months. I had such a sour taste in my mouth from their practices that I just killed it.

I admit there are times I wish I had it, but I do not like the Serius programming and the new channel line up. So now I listen to over-air Radio and Mp3's for Free.

I know what your thinking a $40k car and your tight wad with the radio? Well heck yea, do you know how much getting nickeled and dimed to death adds up to?

walshie is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX

Re: XM price increase inevitable?

The reason there are currenty reduced rates is a lot of people wont pay the $12.95. Most i pay is either $20 for 5 months or $77 a year. So all of those people myself included will just cancel until the prices go lower. No need to call FCC, just let Xm know how you feel by canceling when they raise price and either get pandora or slacker.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.