SRX Sunshade?? - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, SRX Sunshade?? in Cadillac SRX Forums; Got the Folding Covercraft UVS100 Heat Shield for my wife in blue, now she says she loves me almost as ...
    NVSRX12 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Premium

Re: SRX Sunshade??

Got the Folding Covercraft UVS100 Heat Shield for my wife in blue, now she says she loves me almost as much as her shade....

beachcad is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury AWD

Quote Originally Posted by NVSRX12 View Post
    Got the Folding Covercraft UVS100 Heat Shield for my wife in blue, now she says she loves me almost as much as her shade....
    Woo Hoo! Still waiting on the one I got for my wife, but this is encouraging.

SoCalSRX is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX Luxury with Navigation

I think the Heat Shield does a better job of reflecting heat, but the Covercraft is a much better fit, and does a very good job of keeping heat out. All things considered, of the two, the Covercraft is far and away the better product, IMHO.

Huey Driver is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ELR

Ordered one a week ago myself, got the email this morning that it shipped, friday delivery expected.... Thanks for the tip!

300:29:1 is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury w/NAV
    Quote Originally Posted by Huey Driver
    Ordered one a week ago myself, got the email this morning that it shipped, friday delivery expected.... Thanks for the tip!
    I received an email yesterday telling me that my shade was shipped. The tracking info seems to be unavailable. This is a bit annoying.

I got the shade but no bag. It says bag included on both the packing slip and box. There was a large piece of plastic stuffed in the box that appears to be almost the same size and shape as the shade. This is a single sheet of plastic and does not open as say, a trash bag. I called to discover that customer service is only available Mon-Fri. Could someone describe the bag, or post a pic of it so I know what it looks like?
    I contacted them by live chat and the shade will be shipped separately.

Which side faces in and which faces out? It seems like the colored side faces into the car, while the charcoal side faces out touching the glass. The instructions tell you to place the silver side facing out, but I don't see any silver. I'm pretty sure the colored side faces in, as it seems to fit properly that way. Any help would be appreciated.

Likely is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium Collection FWD

What color did you order? The colored side should be against the windshield. My shade is silver on the side that goes against the windshield......

----------

Also, the side that goes against the windshield is real slick material. The inside of the shade is fairly rough material......

Quote Originally Posted by Likely View Post
    What color did you order? The colored side should be against the windshield. My shade is silver on the side that goes against the windshield......

----------

Also, the side that goes against the windshield is real slick material. The inside of the shade is fairly rough material......
    It's like a gold color. Closest I could get to my car color. The rough material goes inside then. I'll have to try that. It didn't seem to fit well that way for sure.
    I got it in with the colored side facing outwards/against the windshield. Thanks.

ladypro is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Premium Awd Black Raven/Ebony

my holder is black vinyl with Velcro inside top closure

SoCalSRX is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX Luxury with Navigation

My thought was that since the gold was a metallic color, it should face out to reflect the sun's rays. Also, it looks similar to the car's paint.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalSRX
    My thought was that since the gold was a metallic color, it should face out to reflect the sun's rays. Also, it looks similar to the car's paint.
    I thought that too. The problem was twofold. The instructions said the face the silver side against the glass, and the fit was a bit tight. I had to fiddle with it a bit, but everything seems right now.

NVSRX12 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Premium

color goes out

btk301 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): srx

I have purchased all my sun shades from Covercraft for every vehicle I have owned in the last 20 years, It will cost you about $65.00, but is custom fit and good quality. You can find them on line or at JC Whitney. I live in South Florida, so sun and heat are the norm. Hope this helps

westham is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Luxury

Just had my Covercraft shade delivered and glad I spent a little extra and got something solid and well made that also fits, glad I took the time to read this thread, thanks to all those who posted.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.