SRX Sunshade?? - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, SRX Sunshade?? in Cadillac SRX Forums; Get a UVS100 or Intro tech....
    mrl859 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 White SRX Performance/2011 Radiant Silver CTS-V Coupe

Re: SRX Sunshade??

Get a UVS100 or Intro tech.

SoCalSRX is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX Luxury with Navigation

Quote Originally Posted by mrl859 View Post
    Get a UVS100 or Intro tech.
    @ mrl859

The advantage of the UVS100 is obvious, but why do you keep posting about the Intro Tech. From what I can see on the Intro Tech website, it's another roll-up shade like the Heat Shield. If that's the case, then it's likely to have the same sagging problem. Am I missing something here?

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

I think the simple solution for the heatshield problem is they should put some "ribs" in it that run vertically with the windshield. That would stop the sagging and be less of a hassle than suction cups.

Quote Originally Posted by stevec5375 View Post
    I think the simple solution for the heatshield problem is they should put some "ribs" in it that run vertically with the windshield. That would stop the sagging and be less of a hassle than suction cups.
    I suggested that very thing to them when I complained about the sagging. My suggestion was that they use the same material that is on the edging and put two vertical seams in the shield. The person didn't seem very interested.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalSRX View Post
    @ mrl859

The advantage of the UVS100 is obvious, but why do you keep posting about the Intro Tech. From what I can see on the Intro Tech website, it's another roll-up shade like the Heat Shield. If that's the case, then it's likely to have the same sagging problem. Am I missing something here?
    I am not necessarily a big Intro Tech fan. I was always a UVS100 fan. When I first got my CTS-V Coupe and SRX, Covercraft did not yet offer a UVS100 for those applications. Intro tech did. The UVS100 is made of thicker stock, but the Intro Tech has a very shiny surface which may reflect more heat. So far I've been very pleased with the Intro Tech for both applications. Here's a link to where I bought mine for the SRX. It is not roll up, but hinged hardboard and comes with a storage bag. http://www.autoanything.com/driving-...A5833A0A0.aspx

I am not necessarily a big Intro Tech fan. I was always a UVS100 fan. When I first got my CTS-V Coupe and SRX, Covercraft did not yet offer a UVS100 for those applications. Intro tech did. The UVS100 is made of thicker stock, but the Intro Tech has a very shiny surface which may reflect more heat. So far I've been very pleased with the Intro Tech for both applications. Here's a link to where I bought mine for the SRX. It is not roll up, but hinged hardboard and comes with a storage bag. http://www.autoanything.com/driving-...A5833A0A0.aspx
    Interesting that Auto Anything shows it as a fold-up sunshade. This is a direct quote from Intro-Tech's website: "Easy to toll up and with an attached Velcro strap makes item easy to stow." Sound like the Heat Shield product. Here's the link to Intro-Tech's website: http://intro-techautomotive.com/sunshade.html

Interesting that Auto Anything shows it as a fold-up sunshade. This is a direct quote from Intro-Tech's website: "Easy to toll up and with an attached Velcro strap makes item easy to stow." Sound like the Heat Shield product. Here's the link to Intro-Tech's website: http://intro-techautomotive.com/sunshade.html
    They make different shades. Mine is definitely folding.

They make different shades. Mine is definitely folding.
    My apologies to mrl859. After exchanges emails with a representative at Intro-Tech, I have been informed they make both a roll-up version and a folding version. Folding version is next for me!

Follow-up post two years later...

I struggled with the Heat Shield product for two years. There's no doubt it does a good job, but it got so saggy that sometimes it wouldn't even stay in place despite having the shades pulled down to hold it. I got tired of struggling with it, so I ordered a Covercraft UVS100. Wow...night and day difference! The Covercraft is very well made from heavy foam board with a highly reflective coating. It fits like a glove, and stays in place with no problem. When I go to remove it, it's really hot, so clearly it's doing its job! I only wish I had ordered it from the beginning...

My advice to anyone reading this thread as part of researching which sun shade to buy -- As someone who has had both the Heat Shield and Covercraft products, the Covercraft fitment is far better, and it's easier to handle inside the car (especially when there's a passenger). Don't bother with the Heat Shield; get the Covercraft!

KevinOpp is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Peformance Turbo

Follow-up post two years later...

I struggled with the Heat Shield product for two years. There's no doubt it does a good job, but it got so saggy that sometimes it wouldn't even stay in place despite having the shades pulled down to hold it. I got tired of struggling with it, so I ordered a Covercraft UVS100. Wow...night and day difference! The Covercraft is very well made from heavy foam board with a highly reflective coating. It fits like a glove, and stays in place with no problem. When I go to remove it, it's really hot, so clearly it's doing its job! I only wish I had ordered it from the beginning...

My advice to anyone reading this thread as part of researching which sun shade to buy -- As someone who has had both the Heat Shield and Covercraft products, the Covercraft fitment is far better, and it's easier to handle inside the car (especially when there's a passenger). Don't bother with the Heat Shield; get the Covercraft!
    i’m one of those people w/ my second saggy Heat Shield (replaced under warrantee). the only good thing is that it’s light and easy to toss in the back seat. how heavy is this “heavy foam board”? ez to move around? does it accordion fold?

Quote Originally Posted by KevinOpp View Post
    i’m one of those people w/ my second saggy Heat Shield (replaced under warrantee). the only good thing is that it’s light and easy to toss in the back seat. how heavy is this “heavy foam board”? ez to move around? does it accordion fold?
    Kevin: It does fold like an accordion. Compared to the Heat Shield, I've found it much easier to maneuver in the car with a passenger in the front seat. It's a bit heavier, but not significantly so.

ladypro is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Premium Awd Black Raven/Ebony

http://www.autoanything.com/driving-...A1228A0A0.aspx Covercraft UVS100
    they will price match. I also ordered the holder. completely satisfied no sagging.

Likely is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium Collection FWD

Covercraft for sure....I have one. bought it from Anything Auto. The shade is custom made for your model & year of vehicle...Great quality. Maybe alittle more costly than some, but, worth it. I live in Arizona, i use it about 9 to 10 months a year.....

300:29:1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury w/NAV
    Quote Originally Posted by ladypro
    http://www.autoanything.com/driving-...A1228A0A0.aspx Covercraft UVS100
    they will price match. I also ordered the holder. completely satisfied no sagging.
    Ordered mine. Thanks Ladypro for the link and recommendation.

beachcad is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury AWD

Same here, I just ordered the Covercraft for my wife's SRX. Thanks Ladypro, I too appreciate the link and recommendation, and thanks Likely for the additional recommendation.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.