SRX Sunshade?? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, SRX Sunshade?? in Cadillac SRX Forums; If you have steve on ignore, then ignore him completely. Stop making references to him. It's childish. It might be ...
    JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Re: SRX Sunshade??

If you have steve on ignore, then ignore him completely. Stop making references to him. It's childish. It might be entertaining to you, but I assure you, only to you.

SoCalSRX is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX Luxury with Navigation

Quote Originally Posted by Ponyman View Post
    I guess that if mine develops a sag, that I will order a Covercraft. That is what I wanted in the first place, but the wait for it to be built was a little longer, and the price was a little higher. Guess that I should know by now that you get what you pay for.
    I'll do the same thing if the new one sags. IIRC, however, the price of the two was pretty comparable. I don't remember the Heat Shield being substantially less expensive.

Ponyman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium, Radiant Silver

Seems like the Covercraft was about $10 more. Sad thing is the Covercraft is made less than a 30 minute drive from where I live, but I can't buy it directly through them. Got to go through a dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponyman View Post
    Seems like the Covercraft was about $10 more.
    My bad. You're right. The Heat Shield product is about $15 less (not including shipping costs). I have an aircraft cover from the same folks that make the Heat Shield product, and I can tell you that the company does make quality products. I think for our cars, however, with the steeply inclined windshields, the sagging problem is going to be difficult to overcome. We shall see...

I think the Covercraft USV100 folds instead of rolls up. It might be a little more rigid and not sag, of course it might not be able to conform to the window quite as well either. I have the Heatshield for my Avalanche also, but it doesn't have as large a window as the SRX.

KevinOpp is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Peformance Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Dean5101 View Post
    So summer is peeking around the corner here in Chicago.. I need a sunshade for the SRX, can anyone recommend one?

I was looking at this one from amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Auto-Expressio...5081126&sr=1-4

Thanks!

Dean

dean, check out this thread from last year---http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-srx-second-generation-forum-2010/203201-windshield-sunshades.html

i bought the Heatshield and it really fits like a glove.

mrl859 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 White SRX Performance/2011 Radiant Silver CTS-V Coupe

Get the UVS100 or the custom folding one from Intro tech.

So Cal, ours has started to sag also in this 100 degree plus heat. My wife came up with her own solution though. She keeps a sweat shirt in the car for when we are on longer trips together and she gets cold. She said she rolled it up, placed it between the dash and the heat shield and that stopped the sag. I'll have to give her credit for that. I probably would just have bitched about the sag.

Mine is sagging but still usable. It just doesn't look as good. I have to say, though, that in a hot SoCal day, the shade is VERY hot to the touch when I roll it up!

Ours is still usable, and does a great job. Suprisingly the rolled up sweatshirt keeps it tight against the window. I still think before next summer I will order a covercraft. They fold up, and it is hard to get the heatshield in a good position to roll it up tightly.

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Quote Originally Posted by stevec5375 View Post
    I have this one too. Because the SRX windshield is so deep, mine wants to sag in the middle. Have you found a way to overcome this?
    In fairness to this vendor (http://www.heatshieldstore.com/), I wanted to mention that I contacted them about the sagging of the sun screen and they sent me a brand new one with suction cups which solves the problem of the sagging. This was all under the 2-year warranty period. It's nice to know that a company does such a good job standing by their product. This is my 2nd good experience with these people.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 13 SRX AWD 3.6L Premium - Platinum Ice Metallic

I bought a $17 one from Canadian Tire. I'll let you guys know how it holds up in Vegas' heat over the next few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by stevec5375 View Post
    In fairness to this vendor (http://www.heatshieldstore.com/), I wanted to mention that I contacted them about the sagging of the sun screen and they sent me a brand new one with suction cups which solves the problem of the sagging. This was all under the 2-year warranty period. It's nice to know that a company does such a good job standing by their product. This is my 2nd good experience with these people.
    I had a similar experience with them. The people are as nice as can be and eager to stand behind their product. Here's the thing, though -- at some point it just becomes too much of a hassle. We're not talking rocket science here; we're talking about a device designed to protect the dashboard from the sun and keep the interior or the car cooler. With the heat shield, you have to awkwardly unroll it and put it in place, and then it's just as awkward to roll up, especially if there's someone in the passenger seat. Now you have to deal with a couple of suction cups. It just shouldn't be such a pain!

To help keep mine less "saggy," I've started folding it in half and then rolling it up very tightly. When I unroll it, there's a crease down the center that helps keep it from sagging. It still sags somewhat, especially in hot weather over long periods of time. I'll keep using it until it starts to fall apart, and then I'll get a Covercraft.

Quote Originally Posted by mrl859 View Post
    Get the UVS100 or the custom folding one from Intro tech.
    As near as I can tell, the Intro Tech is a roll-up shade that looks very similar to the Heat Shield product.

Same here SoCal, Before next summer I will get a Covercraft. Besides the sag it is just a PITA to try to roll up.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.