20 inch spare??
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, 20 inch spare?? in Cadillac SRX Forums; Have anybody tried to fit one of the 20 inch chrome tech wheels with factory 235/55/20 tires in the back....of ...
    daddie2k3 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX Performance

20 inch spare??

Have anybody tried to fit one of the 20 inch chrome tech wheels with factory 235/55/20 tires in the back....of course I'm talking about removing tray just put the air compressor in between spokes....because I just bought a spare rim and going to get same size tire mounted but wanted to know should I try to make fit or don't waste time and just tie down on top with rope/bungee with hook on side

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Smokin' SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 Perf 3.0,AWD, 2011 Yukon Denali,(403HP), had 04 SRX

Re: 20 inch spare??

Don't know if a full size 20" will fit, but, I can tell you there is lots of exposed stuff when styro/platic tray is removed. The hydraulic moto/pump for the hatch, some large computer/relay modules and wiring. Be sure to secure anything you place back there after the tray is removed................and it's a steel floor. Secure against rattles too.

I too, would like to know. My guess is yes, it just might fit.

Good luck.

SS

cvettr/cts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 Infrared CTS-V

Surely you mean tie down on top of the rear storage not on the roof. Either way I'd say nooooooo, that would take alot away from the Cadillac image. You should be fine with the fixaflat and compressor and Cadillac roadside til factory warranty runs out then only take it on long trips if your around town you can always get a friend or whoever to get the spare to you.

lol i would never take away from the look i was talking about there are chrome anchors on each side under the light and i figured i could get a bungee and run through one of the spokes of the wheels and back to the hook and it would stay in place either on driver or pass side....as far as everything be exposed i would hope they should be mounted down in the case of replace with that 18 inch spare tire kit you can buy for 300 but i dont know because nevery removed tray and wasnt until i had to or was told i could fit that 20 inch rim and tire back there because dont want to mess anything up...

Mounting a spare tire long term, (or any heavy item) on top of rear cargo lid is a bad idea. A 40 lb tire in a 50mph collision weighs 2,000 lbs and will gladly break free of any bungee straps and injure you nicely. Either get a OEM kit or attempt to place one of your full size tires below the cargo floor, (with the stryo-plastic shell removed completely)and secured to the steel undershell. Yes, some delicate stuff already down there that may preclude the idea totally.

Let us know if you try!

SS

Yes that makes sense and I will check into that I just thought it wasnt a big weight difference between the spare kit and all the tie down stuff verus just the 20 inch rim and tire...but you got me there and I will keep you all posted...should fit out something next week

Ok. Just to be clear ( I sometimes don't convey thoughts clearly from brain to print--LOL) I'm talking about storing the factory kit mini-spare with jack vs a actual full size tire/rim.....both safely UNDER the rear cargo lid. I can guarantee myself and others have fit the mini-spare safely. See my album for a pix! There is even some minor storage space left under the lid afterwards.

Good luck and no need for immediate reply if we're on the same page..

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.