Stupid seat memory recall feature issue.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Stupid seat memory recall feature issue. in Cadillac SRX Forums; My mom has a 2011 perfomance awd. The rke seat recall feature is turned off (who would want the seat ...
    cvettr/cts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 Infrared CTS-V

Stupid seat memory recall feature issue.

My mom has a 2011 perfomance awd. The rke seat recall feature is turned off (who would want the seat to move up and make getting in difficult upon door opening anyway). She has her settings programmed to driver 1 using the seat buttons. Each time she gets in she uses memory seat button 1 by holding it till it fully adjusts then releasing and goes on her merry way. The problem comes in when I drive it I leave it where the seat ends up using the easy exit seat feature. After I drive it a few times to a couple places lock and unlock doors using the fob it looses her button 1 memory like it is overwritten or something. I am sure the rke seat recall is off as i tested it by tuning it on and off by having the check mark there or not in the configure menus (why can't the use the words on and off)? But that it not the issue. It is turned off. This last weekend when I visited her I used the second remote that she does not use and made her hit lock and unlock with her remote before she entered the vehicle when she was going to go somewhere and the remote I used was not near the vehicle. It still lost her memory settings on the seat 1 button. This never happens if she is the only driver. Short of trying to drive it and hit her seat button one and getting crunched up for a second just before turning it off I am at a loss. Anyone else experience this? Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

TheCaptain is online now Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Re: Stupid seat memory recall feature issue.

Not me personally, but i have heard of people that have the problem. The dealers are aware and a reflash is in order.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

larryk is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 10 SRX Previously 01 BMW X5

I have had this problem since day one, I purchased my premium 10 SRX in August of 2010. Cadillac has never been able to fix it. It has been in at least five times for this problem...
    Try an experiment - the next time it doesn't remember the seat memory button setting, move the seat forward, almost all the way and then press and hold seat memory #1 and see if it now moves to the correct position. This happens on mine, it really does remember the position, but will not move to it, pressing button 1 or 2 (both set for different drivers) do nothing until I manually move the seat forward and then use the seat memory button. This only occurs after changing drivers, if there is only one driver of the vehicle you will most likely never see this problem.

cvettr/cts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 Infrared CTS-V

Thanks to both of you for the quick responses and I'll try your experiment larryk. It will be a couple weeks beore i get back down to see her but it is worth a try. I'm also going to experiment with getting her seat in her settings before turning off to see if it works. it'll be a hassle but if that is what has to be done and the dealer can't fix then that's what we'll do. You also confirmed my other idea to programm both settings 1 and 2 to her won't do it as if it wigs out on 1 it will on both.

doctormstein1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX

From day one on my 2010 SRX I have had memory recall issues. Some people had their modules replaced. For me when I bring it to the dealers they cannot reproduce this problem so they can't fix it. This is a known problem and their has been pages and pages on this forum from people who had some type of memory recall problem. Unfortunately dealers and Cadillac will not fix anything that they cannot be reproduced by them.

sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD

Quote Originally Posted by doctormstein1 View Post
    From day one on my 2010 SRX I have had memory recall issues. Some people had their modules replaced. For me when I bring it to the dealers they cannot reproduce this problem so they can't fix it. This is a known problem and their has been pages and pages on this forum from people who had some type of memory recall problem. Unfortunately dealers and Cadillac will not fix anything that they cannot be reproduced by them.
    This is not necessarily true for all dealers. I've had the same problem. The first time they reprogrammed the module. That didn't fix it. Then, they replaced the module. That didn't fix it either. Next, they replaced the module again. I thought it was fixed. Now I'm discovering memory button #2 still does NOT retain its memory position. It will remember it for a few weeks (longer than before). Then, it loses it all over again. I plan on getting it fixed FOR THE FOURTH TIME the next time I'm in for service. As far as I'm concerned they'll keep fixing it until either they get it right, or my warranty runs out.

Every time I've taken it in for this problem I explain that it retains the memory for several weeks before losing it. Unless they want to pay for a rental car long enough for the problem to appear, they'd better take my word for it. If your dealer is telling you they have to see the problem before they can fix it, essentially they're calling you a liar. What, do they think we have nothing better to do than fabricate stories of imaginary defects? The problem here is with your specific dealer. Explain to them that others have experienced the exact same problem and had their modules replaced and reprogrammed without the service dept. actually witnessing it. See what they say.

Sube

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.