Jack and Jack Stand Points?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Jack and Jack Stand Points? in Cadillac SRX Forums; New owner of a 2011 SRX, and loving the car. I ordered a set of OEM mud flaps, and upon ...
    SoCalSRX is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX Luxury with Navigation

Jack and Jack Stand Points?

New owner of a 2011 SRX, and loving the car. I ordered a set of OEM mud flaps, and upon receiving them it is apparent I'll have to remove the rear wheels to install them.

The owner's manual is awful with regard to jack points. I have a basic floor jack (nothing fancy). Can anyone tell me where safe jack points are when using a floor jack, and also where I should position my jack stands?

Thanks, everyone!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

DougZ is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX

Re: Jack and Jack Stand Points?

You should be able to clear the tire with a 1/4" combination wrench on a short #2 phillips cordless drill bit. The screws don't go in very tight.

If you have to take the tire off, the lift points look to be the plates in front of the rear lower A arms that connect the frame to the body pinch seam. There should be enough room to get a jack and jack stand under there. You could also use the frame.

Doug:

There's some drilling involved, so I'll need to get the car in the air and remove the tire. Thanks for your input!

algiorda is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 , 2010, 2014 Luxury Raven Blk w/Ebony

I highly recommend using a jack to put the mud flaps on. I couldn't use one because my son had my floor jack in his car after taking it to fix his girlfriends flat tire.

I used every McGiver type tool in my toolbox to drill/screw those mud flaps on without taking off the tires!!! Took my much longer than it should.

Quote Originally Posted by algiorda View Post
    I highly recommend using a jack to put the mud flaps on.
    Where are the jacking points?

Thanks!

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Update your profile with your car model, make, and trim level. It makes answering questions so much easier.

The jack points that a documented in the manual are listed below. This is for the jack provided with the spare tire kit.

For 2010 model: Page 9-79.

For 2011 model: Page 10-91.
    http://www.cadillac.com/assets/pdf/o...ers_manual.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by stevec5375 View Post
    Update your profile with your car model, make, and trim level.
    In my original post I said "2011 SRX." I didn't realize the trim level made a difference with regard to jack points.

Let me clarify: I'd like to use a floor jack. Where can I safely jack-up the car using a floor jack, and then where can I position jack stands?

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalSRX View Post
    In my original post I said "2011 SRX." I didn't realize the trim level made a difference with regard to jack points.

Let me clarify: I'd like to use a floor jack. Where can I safely jack-up the car using a floor jack, and then where can I position jack stands?
    My "assumption" was that this would most likely not be your only question when I said you should update your profile. If I were you, I'd ask my dealer your question about the jack points. Reason: If you screw up the car by getting incorrect information from this forum, they will not fix it under warranty. If you ask them and they tell you, then you're in a much better position to get it fixed under warranty if need be.

chris13 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX Black/Ebony

Hi,
    I just put the OEM mudflaps on last week.You can do it without removing the tires.The front tires can be turned to allow you enough room.In the back I put a phillips bit in a vice grip and did it like that. A little tedious but worked well just the same.My Makita drill just fit underneath to drill.I would say it's an average size drill.Once you do get them on you will love them.They fit and match perfectly.We're loving our SRX(new on 3-31-11)and imagine you will too.Good luck.

Thanks, Chris!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.