Clear bra
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Clear bra in Cadillac SRX Forums; I spoke to an installer about putting the bra on the front bumper, complete hood, headlights, mirrors, rockers and a ...
    MrHolland is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Clear bra

I spoke to an installer about putting the bra on the front bumper, complete hood, headlights, mirrors, rockers and a portion of the rear bumper of my black 2010 Escalade. He quoted a price of $1800, which seems a bit excessive to me. When questioned I determined covering the whole hood was driving the up the cost. I wanted the complete hood covered to hide any lines. The gentleman had an early 2000 midsized SUV with a bra on it and indicated that the job was 5-7 yrs old. The quality of work wasn’t too bad but the actual film did have quite a bit of orange peel. The installer said because of the thickness of the film it wouldn’t be as smooth as the paint. I was immediately turned off when I saw it on the hood of his car. Does modern film still have orange peel?? I believe he said he uses Venture Shield. I can’t put that on the hood of my car, especially with it being black.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ccclarke is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2002 ETC Collector's Series, 2004 CTS-V, 2004 XLR

Re: Clear bra

You might have better luck with a 3-M Clear Bra. No orange peel on my car and install was $500 (only did the front end, mirrors and headlights) through an authorized installer. Seven years old and it still looks brand-new!

CCC

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Yea, most clear bra's still have a look of orange peel in it, just because it is a material that moves with temperature, and flexes. But for the price over having stonechips! I'll take it!
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

In February of '05, I had a clear bra installed on my brand new CTS-V. I had the entire front fascia, the hood (about the first 4-6"), the headlights the mirrors, the wheel arches, and the top of the rear bumper done for about $850. Though I can easily see the edge where numerous coats of Zaino have been applied, I do not see the orange peel texture that others are talking about. I absolutely LOVE my clear bra.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

MrHolland is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Thank you all very much for taking the time to make some suggestions. I have a very discriminating eye but would rather see Clear Bra than bugs and stone chips. Ill research the installers and hopefully will report back how happy I am. Thank you once again.

cvettr/cts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 Infrared CTS-V

We had 3m put on my moms radiant silver srx and it turned out great. Highly recommend but get the installer that is recommended the most in your area. Ask several dealers who they use and also body shops, they'll know who does the best work.
    I also suggest getting the door edges done.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.