Service Bulletin on Gas Tank - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Service Bulletin on Gas Tank in Cadillac SRX Forums; Not sure if this is the right thread to ask this question, but what about the problem with filling the ...
    stealth97 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Performance FWD

Re: Service Bulletin on Gas Tank

Not sure if this is the right thread to ask this question, but what about the problem with filling the gas tank. It is VERY FRUSTRATING to have to hold the nozzle the whole time while gas is filling the tank. Is there really not a solution for this? Thanks!

kanundrum is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Can someome post up their invoice of what they had done with Part #'s I am going to try to get this done

westham is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Luxury

Quote Originally Posted by kanundrum View Post
    Can someome post up their invoice of what they had done with Part #'s I am going to try to get this done
    Hi Kanundrum,
    There is a service bulletin issued on this problem with the pressure realease/pump angle when pumping. I had the exact same problem fixed only two weeks ago, This is what my dealer did, check the control module for any EVAP codes, (none were available) so he replaced the filler pipe assembly which is the instruction from Cadillac on the service bulletin the part# is 22742903 and mine was covered under warranty.
    I'm away from home right now but I will scan you a copy of my paperwork from the dealer upon my return next week if you PM me with your email address.
    Hope all works out well with your problem and have a Happy Thanksgiving.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by stealth97 View Post
    Not sure if this is the right thread to ask this question, but what about the problem with filling the gas tank. It is VERY FRUSTRATING to have to hold the nozzle the whole time while gas is filling the tank. Is there really not a solution for this? Thanks!
    See my reply to Kanundrum, I'm not sure he was asking the question on the same topic as your pumping gas problem, I may have responded to him rather than you.

Quote Originally Posted by westham View Post
    Hi Kanundrum,
    There is a service bulletin issued on this problem with the pressure realease/pump angle when pumping. I had the exact same problem fixed only two weeks ago, This is what my dealer did, check the control module for any EVAP codes, (none were available) so he replaced the filler pipe assembly which is the instruction from Cadillac on the service bulletin the part# is 22742903 and mine was covered under warranty.
    I'm away from home right now but I will scan you a copy of my paperwork from the dealer upon my return next week if you PM me with your email address.
    Hope all works out well with your problem and have a Happy Thanksgiving.

----------

See my reply to Kanundrum, I'm not sure he was asking the question on the same topic as your pumping gas problem, I may have responded to him rather than you.
    Thanks for the Information! Mine had to deal with the thumping noise of the gas tank, everything works fine when I am filling up the car. I think I need the new tank with baffles etc.

retcad is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

There are 3 different issues on this thread:

1. Problems filling the tank
    2. Sloshing noises while stopping or backing
    3. Thumping noises while gas tank is full to three quarters full (and thumping/shaking) when engine turned off when tank is full to three quarters full

I've had a problem with number 3, although I've learned not to fill the tank completely to avoid it. It's very intermittent, and doesn't always do it, so I've avoided the hassle od dealerships who will not duplicate it. Not a big deal, but as I've said in the past, it irks me.

Other than that, I love the car.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Hello kanumdrum,

I would be more than happy to assist you in setting up an appointment or working with the dealership to look further into your concern if you would like. Please feel free to private message me if you would like any assistance working with the dealership.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Hello kanumdrum,

I would be more than happy to assist you in setting up an appointment or working with the dealership to look further into your concern if you would like. Please feel free to private message me if you would like any assistance working with the dealership.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    Greg

Appreciate it, how ever my situation is a bit different. I have a Saab 9-4x and I want to apply the fixes accordingly since they are the same model effected from a technical standpoint. If you think you can help me with the technical details such as part #'s etc then I will definitely shoot you an email.

Thanks!

Greg

Appreciate it, how ever my situation is a bit different. I have a Saab 9-4x and I want to apply the fixes accordingly since they are the same model effected from a technical standpoint. If you think you can help me with the technical details such as part #'s etc then I will definitely shoot you an email.

Thanks!
    Hello Kanumdrum,

Unfortunately, I don’t have access to the technical service bulletins. I would suggest reaching out to your dealership with that bulletin number and ask if they could provide you with the part numbers for that bulletin. If they are unable to do that, feel free to send me an email with the TSB and I can reach out to an internal resource of mine, but I cannot guarantee that they would be able to provide me with the part numbers. Thanks for taking the time to respond to me!

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Hello Kanumdrum,

Unfortunately, I don’t have access to the technical service bulletins. I would suggest reaching out to your dealership with that bulletin number and ask if they could provide you with the part numbers for that bulletin. If they are unable to do that, feel free to send me an email with the TSB and I can reach out to an internal resource of mine, but I cannot guarantee that they would be able to provide me with the part numbers. Thanks for taking the time to respond to me!

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    Thanks greg!

Thanks greg!

Hello Kanumdrum,

You are very welcome! Please be sure to keep us updated!

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.