Navigation system / Unable to add or delete address book
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Navigation system / Unable to add or delete address book in Cadillac SRX Forums; I purchased my 2010 SRX from a used car lot in Kuwait about a month ago. It was registered in ...
    muddassirwaquarali is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

Unhappy Navigation system / Unable to add or delete address book

I purchased my 2010 SRX from a used car lot in Kuwait about a month ago. It was registered in Oct 2010.

when I got it, I saw the previous owner had entries in the address book in the Sat Nav. I tried to delete them and add my own, however, when the car is switched off and turned back on after some time, the old entries are back.

Same thing goes for previous destinations. I have no other issues with the car.

Has any one faced this issue before? How was it solved?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

allgm is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX FWD Gray Flannel / Ebony Premium 3.0 Chrome Techs

Re: Navigation system / Unable to add or delete address book

I have the same problem. I bought a gm program 2010 srx . All previous entries are detroit area. I delete them put in my address book entries next moring the my address are gone and the detroit ones are back. Also shows washington d.c. As home location.
    Also the time is 1 hour off. I reset to correct time next day it is back 1 hour. Have a apointment at cadillac dealer in two days.
    Also looking for answers ?????????????????????????

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Both of these problems are related to the same thing. The Nav unit needs an update or replacement. (Its in some posts around here, but i don't have the time to search for it at this moment!)
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

yup... find a good dealer and bring it in... they should be able to flash you radio and send you on your way...

you'll know in a day or two if that did it or if you'll need a new one... which they can have ordered for you in a few days
    (but you may need to bring it back in for them to order the nav radio - new nav radios are on restriction and the engineers diagnose via phone to make sure a radio gets sent only if it's truly needed)
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

The service guys were supposed to call me today, but never did. I'll have to chase them I guess and get them to update the software. I don't think the dealer in Kuwait can do that. I'm not sure. I think they will need to replace the nav unit. I'll make a booking tomorrow and see what happens. Will post again if the issue is resolved.

[SIZE="5"] BACK FROM CADILLAC DEALER HAD RADIO REFLASHED TOOK ABOUT AN HOUR. CLOCK NOW STAYS ON EASTERN STANDARD TIME. AND HAS OHIO NOT WASHINGTON DC AS HOME STATE. WAS ABLE TO DELETE PREVIOUS DESTINATION AS WELL. A GOOD SERVICE DEPT SURE MAKES LIFE EASIER.

Smokin' SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 Perf 3.0,AWD, 2011 Yukon Denali,(403HP), had 04 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by muddassirwaquarali View Post
    I purchased my 2010 SRX from a used car lot in Kuwait about a month ago. It was registered in Oct 2010.

when I got it, I saw the previous owner had entries in the address book in the Sat Nav. I tried to delete them and add my own, however, when the car is switched off and turned back on after some time, the old entries are back.

Same thing goes for previous destinations. I have no other issues with the car.

Has any one faced this issue before? How was it solved?
    Good luck with the SRX! Bet you get a few stares around town! Is there an actual Cadillac Dealer in Kuwait??

I see Delores has hers resolved and I'm sure yours will be too. We must remember that todays luxury cars have more computers on-board than the early Space Capsules did!

SS

Hi Smokin,

There are 2 GM dealers in Kuwait - One strictly GMC brands and one deals in Caddy, chevy, hummer, e.t.c...

My issue is unresolved.
    Cheers,
    Muddassir

have you been to the dealership?
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

OooK here is my update.
    I took the car to the service centre after a service rep said they'd flash it. I was with them for 3 days and after tinkering with the controls, they were unable to fix the issue. I had told them that the only way was to reflash the software, but they did not do that and it was fairly evident that they had no idea what a reflash or software reload is.

I will now write to the regional GM support centre in Dubai to see if they can help.

Delores - congratulations...

Regards,
    Muddassir

escalating this issue to the regional centre is probably the best thing to do

good luck

LAST WEEK WASHINGTON DC CAME BACK AS DEFAULT CITY. THE CLOCK IS OK. ADDRESS BOOK WILL DELETE THEN COME BACK ON RESTART.
    BACK TO DEALER MONDAY TO REFLASH. THEY HAVE DONE SEVERAL SRX's I WAS THE FIRST ONE TO EXPLAIN THE PROBLEM TO THEM.

Back from dealer. They are aware of this problem and ordered a new nav unit

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.