UPDATE: 2011 SRX Turbo Transmission TC Reprogram..
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By coolbeans
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, UPDATE: 2011 SRX Turbo Transmission TC Reprogram.. in Cadillac SRX Forums; Hi All, Well after waiting for the new oil pan, and the gaskets for the turbo pipe,etc.,(all the things that ...
    coolbeans is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 Black Raven/Ebony SRX AWD Performance Premium 2.8 Turbo

UPDATE: 2011 SRX Turbo Transmission TC Reprogram..

Hi All,
    Well after waiting for the new oil pan, and the gaskets for the turbo pipe,etc.,(all the things that must be removed in order to replace the oil pan on turbo engines), and then waiting on the foul weather, I was finally able to retrieve the srx! I will say that this new reprogram really is the bomb!! Now, at stop n go traffic my srx does not lag at all while accelerating at casual throttle anymore...in fact, when one rolls into the throttle on freeway on-ramps, I have a much better turbo response, and what seems a bit more growl from the engine, and a decent increase of "seat of the pants" feel, plus the passing acceleration seems to be improved as well...no more fall on it's face between 1st and second, it just goes! Of course, there is no more oil drip..you could see on the origional pan there was a "bubble" that split, allowing oil to seep out, while in time it was expanding and would have eventually split the pan...I'm very happy to be obsessed enough to check on that stuff!!
    chiefmjk and chiefmjk like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Smokin' SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 Perf 3.0,AWD, 2011 Yukon Denali,(403HP), had 04 SRX

Re: UPDATE: 2011 SRX Turbo Transmission TC Reprogram..

good news . A good Dealer isn't expensive, he's priceless.

I'm going in for service soon and will ask if the Tranny re-program can be done to my non-turbo, 2010. I had an '08 Enclave done by Buick, and it made a nice difference. MPG may have just slightly decreased...didn't care.

SS

Very true!
    As far as mileage, yeah I'd prefer it to be the same or better, but the car sure is running great, so like you, I am not going to lose sleep over it...I havn't tried ECO mode yet..first vacation trip that comes up, we'll be trying it then.

Razorecko is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V , 2010 SRX 2.8T

I'm pissed. I have a 2010 turbo with those lag issues and can't figure out why they came out with a new program for the 2011 and not the 2010 ?? Its usually first year of production & up

Personally, I don't see why it wouldn't work for yours..try a call to your service mgr..who knows?? It can't hurt!

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Quote Originally Posted by Razorecko View Post
    I'm pissed. I have a 2010 turbo with those lag issues and can't figure out why they came out with a new program for the 2011 and not the 2010 ?? Its usually first year of production & up
    Would you please let us know if you are able to get the transmission reprogrammed successfully? If not, what were the reason(s) given?

yea no pro ^

mjv53 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

I to have a 2010 turbo ask my dealer to check on this, says does not aply to my car only 2011, as it is the same powertrain I asked if it could be done as the car is in his hands for other problems and told does not apply to this vehicle!

Well, that sucks..I went ahead and called my service mgr. and left a message asking him if he knows of a program that may be coming for the 2010's .

I'll have to do the same. Its pretty ridiculous since we all know that the 2010's have the same identical issue. We have the power but its only there from a stop if we slam the gas to the floor. Should be unnecessary with 300tq

zinner is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V / 2010 SRX 2.8T

I drive my 2010 SRX 2.8T in sport mode all the time. I don't notice any problems.

Also I have investigated HPtuners with our Turbo models and HPtuners said that the 2.8T has up to 5 PCM's so it's quite possible the 2010 and 2011 have different computers and programs.

wag 42 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '11 SRX4 2.8T Premium-Platinum Ice-Chrome Tech-RSE

So, is there a TSB for this?

Quote Originally Posted by zinner View Post
    I drive my 2010 SRX 2.8T in sport mode all the time. I don't notice any problems.

Also I have investigated HPtuners with our Turbo models and HPtuners said that the 2.8T has up to 5 PCM's so it's quite possible the 2010 and 2011 have different computers and programs.
    Sport mode fixes it except the problem is that the downshifting is a little too abrupt in sport mode. Hell the downshift is crisper than the upshift

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.