aftermarket wood dash - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, aftermarket wood dash in Cadillac SRX Forums; Originally Posted by Smokin' SRX Your sleds are gorgeous! I love the plate on the silver SSR!! You musta acted ...
    Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

Red face Sorry I am a little off topic here...

Quote Originally Posted by Smokin' SRX View Post
    Your sleds are gorgeous! I love the plate on the silver SSR!! You musta acted quickly to snag it.......

How's the power on the SSR? 5 speed tranny? 5.3L ??

SS
    Thanks SS... Actually I had that plate put on hold for 6 months before the SSRs even came out. I didn't want to lose that plate # to someone else. As far as power goes I am very happy with my 2004 SSR with the 300 HP 5.3L all aluminum engine. The 05-06 MY SSRs were upgraded to the Corvette version 6.0L 395-400 HP. It is very hard to tell the difference between an 03 or 06 and there were Only 24,180 made in all. Yes a VERY LOW production vehicle indeed.

My SSR is reported to be the only Production SSR to have what we call a "Pedigree" Build History. Many Photos taken and the build status were printed out daily for me and then sent to me via GM Lotus Notes. In all it took 5 days to build and one of my favorite build photos was my SSR coming off the end of the production line.

*FYI: The SSR VIN numbers are the ONLY GM production vehicle ever produced to have continued their VIN#s sequenced through out each new MY (Model Year) of the SSR. Each MY started off with the last number from the previous MY and not reset to ZERO like every other vehicle in GM's history. Thus if you know someone's SSR VIN# you would know exactly when it was built and what MY it is. Mine is VIN# 9684

amitgupta is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1942 Cadillac Fleetwood

Re: aftermarket wood dash

where's a good site to buy classic cadillac stuff?

Smokin' SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 Perf 3.0,AWD, 2011 Yukon Denali,(403HP), had 04 SRX

Try Ebay and BigDaddyCaddy for classic Caddy stuff. I got my vintage gold crest/wreath from him.

Marc, I never knew you could have photos/stages of build taken! honestly, you must have a "hook" at GM, no? LOL
    I had heard of their serial VIn numbers at a show once but didn't confirm till now.

I have the 6.2 in my Denali and it flies @ 5800lbs. Your SSR must hit light speed with 3600 lbs (if I recall correctly?).

Very nice history. tks for sharing.

SS

dup.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokin' SRX View Post
    Try Ebay and BigDaddyCaddy for classic Caddy stuff. I got my vintage gold crest/wreath from him.

Marc, I never knew you could have photos/stages of build taken! honestly, you must have a "hook" at GM, no? LOL
    I had heard of their serial VIn numbers at a show once but didn't confirm till now.

I have the 6.2 in my Denali and it flies @ 5800lbs. Your SSR must hit light speed with 3600 lbs (if I recall correctly?).

Very nice history. tks for sharing.

SS
    SS I work for GM and btw this is my 40th year there. I knew one of the engineers there and he offered to help me get a Pedigree history of my SSR by taking photos of my SSR throughout the 5 day build cycle. I also got to know the Plant Scheduler who was kind enough to send me my status reports every day. BTW: She also got me my chrome wheels added back on to my order (they were on constraint) and changed my color red back to silver and added the new console gages to my order too.

I printed out some of my photos and took them to the plant while I was in Detroit on GM business the following week and even had some of the LCC team members who were in my photos sign them too. I ran into GM's CEO Rick Wagoner at the Chevy Event who also signed my custom history poster that summer of 04 at the WDC (Woodward Dream Cruise) events.

Yikes I have completly gone off topic with all my recent SSR posts in this thread. I hope the Moderator of our great site won't ban me from posting again. Forgive me ....

Awesome poster! Wow, what resale value!!

I suspect a divergence of this intriguing history will be tolerated! or, just blame it on me. LOL

Back to legitimate thread (sorry BobJen).............does the SSR come with a WOOD dash?

Now we're legal! LOL

SS

NO WOOD DASH there! Maybe I can find one... LOL

*Thanks for trying to help save me SS.

Quote Originally Posted by BobJen View Post
    I am soooo happy!!!! I got my car last night!!! And the first thing we did the wood kit! It looks great I will try to post pictures!
    Congrats BenJen!! easy, right? And cheaper than the $700 the Dealer wanted!!Try to get some pix up!!

SS

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Nice SSR stuff Marc! That's sweet to have a hookup at GM like that, nonetheless work for them!

Nobody has pics of their wood dash?
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

BobJen is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX

Your SSR is beautiful!!! I wish we all could get pictures like that its very interesting. I will try again to post pictures it saying they need to be 800 and I cant figure how to change it. Smozin SRX-My dealer didn't offer a wood package. This was very easy and I love it.
    **Finally got the pictures posted!!! The first picture is a chrome molding on upper grille and lower grille. I will get a better picture another day. We wanted a chrome insert for the grille but couldn't find it.
    Attached Images

I like the chrome look ... perhaps we can see it out side in the next photo?

I have to admit this after market wood kit looks really awesome!

I believe that the 2012 SRX has a wood pkg that comes with the heated steering wheel option. I wonder if it will look the same?

*Hey Bob ... is that your foot in the bottom of the photo with the HOT RED nail polish?

mrl859 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 White SRX Performance/2011 Radiant Silver CTS-V Coupe

Is it possible to purchase only the pieces for the door bezels that would match the factory wood?

Quote Originally Posted by mrl859 View Post
    Is it possible to purchase only the pieces for the door bezels that would match the factory wood?
    I would think not ... usually they only come in a complete package. But it wouldn't hurt to ask the seller to see if they would be willing to sell just the door piece.

Let us know if they say yes or no.

mrl859 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 White SRX Performance/2011 Radiant Silver CTS-V Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Marc NY View Post
    I would think not ... usually they only come in a complete package. But it wouldn't hurt to ask the seller to see if they would be willing to sell just the door piece.

Let us know if they say yes or no.
    Who is the seller?

Quote Originally Posted by mrl859 View Post
    Who is the seller?
    I believe the site link below is the one that most members are using to get their wood pkg. from.

http://www.carid.com/2010-cadillac-s...ain-dash-kits/

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.