Second Gen SRX Gas Fill
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Second Gen SRX Gas Fill in Cadillac SRX Forums; Any with with this problem of having to hold fill nozel up and not being able to use the auto ...
    rhauk is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010o srx

Second Gen SRX Gas Fill

Any with with this problem of having to hold fill nozel up and not being able to use the auto fill and the constant clicking off. After 1 year of trips to correct at Crest Cadillac Plano Tx.and calls to Cadillac Motor Co. to a point of Cadillac finally admiting they have corrected the 2011 production but it was not possible to correct my Wifes 2010 SRX with the 2011 parts. Crest Cadillac then said they would get back with me and try to fix the problem, 4 weeks no response from Crest. Then my wife got gas doused while filling, we then decided to trade it off for a Lexus SUV, before as a last resort we went to Sewell Cadillac in Dallas as they are also a Lexus dealer in the same area. I explained the problem, the service writer could not be more understanding, She gave us a new under 1,000 mile CTS no charge, and told us they would have the car till they fixed it. A week later they called and the SRX now can be filled the way cars of the last 55 years I have had. What a class operation Sewell Cadillac is, did not buy it there but treated me like a many year valued customer and fixed a car my selling dealer and Cadillac found impossible. Now I will have them look at the poor Navigation system after that is fixed its no reason to go Lexus if Sewell is the dealer for a American car and a new GMC when my Dura-Max needs replacement. They lost a imediate sale but became my car/truck dealer for life. Its nice to be able to give a story of 100% satisfaction on a car dealer, not one of those fully staisfied surveys the dealers ask you to give them. They make you think if you tell the truth you will never get even your due from them, what a joke.
    Robert Hauk
    Celina. Texas

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

mrl859 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 White SRX Performance/2011 Radiant Silver CTS-V Coupe

Re: Second Gen SRX Gas Fill

My 2011 does that too! How did they fix it?

2011 does it? I have been told by owners and Cadillac it was fixed, what was done, don't know, they just told me they changed a part. Go figure but mine is fixed so far, hope it keeps working.

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

I have heard good things about the Sewell dealerships in Texas on more than one occasion.

PJ1520 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX4 N*, 2004 Infinity G35 Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by rhauk View Post
    2011 does it? I have been told by owners and Cadillac it was fixed, what was done, don't know, they just told me they changed a part. Go figure but mine is fixed so far, hope it keeps working.
    What does it say on your repair ticket?

PJ

Service ticket says "gas filler tube replaced with updated part" Wonder why GM Cadillac division said it could not be done?? Strange.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.