Front seat wear
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Front seat wear in Cadillac SRX Forums; My 11 SRX seems to be experiencing severe front seat wear. The vehicle has 2300 miles on it and the ...
    Dondoe is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX4

Front seat wear

My 11 SRX seems to be experiencing severe front seat wear. The vehicle has 2300 miles on it and the seat cushions are already showing signs of cracking and bubbling. I have applied leather conditioner numerous times, however the seats are definitely showing signs of wear. Is anyone else experiencing this?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

TRMN8R1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX LUX Radiant Silver Metallic 3.0AWD

Re: Front seat wear

Not here, did you show to your dealer?

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Leather seats always show wear with "cracks", but bubbling is a different story. Not good and you should have a dealer take a look at that.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

Dondoe is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX4

I will be making the dealer aware as soon as I bring the vehicle in for service. Should be 4 weeks or so. Will keep you advised.

Smokin' SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 Perf 3.0,AWD, 2011 Yukon Denali,(403HP), had 04 SRX

Both my former '03 Yukon and current SRX have the light interior. I found "cracking" same as my friends Land Rovers, Lexi, etc. But I have had color issues. I wear lotsa sport jeans, (dark blue) for work and the blue stains the light leather. I cannot ever get more than 90% of it removed. I have tried conditioners/cleaners to no avail. I may just throw a towel on the bottom cushion as that's the place this happens EG.....the edge where you get in/out and rub the most. No where else. I believe it's my jeans.....not the leather's fault.

Minor gripe. But no bubbling/ripples or other.

SS

tc2010 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX LUXURY

Have experienced the headaches associated with leather on car seats. I did a lot of research several years ago and found a very good product line in LeatherMasters. These folks have a number of kits available that clean, pretreat and condition the seats to salvage or prevent damage.
    PS: No affiliation.....

Smokin' SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 Perf 3.0,AWD, 2011 Yukon Denali,(403HP), had 04 SRX

Thx for tip.

SS

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.