Cadillac Owners Forum banner

What are you getting for gas mileage on the AWD SRX ?

5K views 30 replies 17 participants last post by  zinner 
#1 ·
I am thinking of getting a new all wheel drive SRX and curious of real gas mileage figures.
Thanks for your input

#2 · (Edited)
Loaded question. I have an 07 SRX4 with the Northstar 4.6L V8 and just over 49K miles. Absolute bests: pure highway 22.7mpg (for trips over 100 miles @65mph), pure city 16+mpg. Pure bests are not reality. Normally these two numbers run 19 and 14 when I am not trying for fuel economy.

Driving habits and speed have a huge impact on this 4,450 pound vehicle. If you have very conservative driving habits and drive for the mileage figures, your numbers can be good. If you have a heavy right foot and find youself using the brakes heavily, the economy numbers can be dismal......relative to a smaller and lighter vehicle.

That being said, the First Generation SRX' fuel economy numbers in professional road tests put the SRX in the middle of the pack for all of the vehicles in its class. The V6 might be expected to get 1-2 mpg better mileage.

PJ

#9 ·
Not at all! We have such good range with the 86 liter tank at that rating too! (Mind you i have very flat terrain! :D)

At 130 kph (average cruise speed), i average 22 US mpg! :lildevil:

#13 ·
Some offering quotes are not giving details in their Profile as to what model they drive or AWD VS FWD trannys. Makes a weight/equipment difference. Pls update. Really helps all concerned when asking/asking questions.

I get an underwhelming 16/22 (@65 mph) on regular 87 gas, admittedly with a heavy foot and just 5K miles on the clock. This is a solid , beefy CUV. Won't get Hyundai mileage, any day soon. LOL Mine weighs 4500 lbs! (Lotsa options and AWD) Can you say safety??

Hope for another mile or two, as she breaks in......a common phenomena in all brands.

Welcome and good luck to new folks.

SS

#14 ·
There must be something wrong with my SRX. I just bought a 2007 AWD V6 sport package and averaged less than 18 MPG between Florida and Arizona. Most of the driving was using cruise control and a lot of open roads. I was expecting to get better than 20 on the freeway using cruise.

I understand that part of the driving was in West Texas where the speed limit is 80 mph and we cruised at 87, but this still seems low.

#16 ·
There is much data on the 1st Gen Forum, re this issue. I used to be there too!

87 MPH !? That will destroy any mpg data quickly. Imagine holding a piece of plywood, about 5' x 4' and traveling 87mph. Ever get pushed by a 40MPH wind gust? I recall reading it takes only 50-70 HP to push an average sled thru the air @ 60MPH. But it increases geometrically with wind resistance. Maybe 120HP needed at 70MPH? That takes gas. Sure the 1st Gen SRX has a beautiful, sculptured drag image but.....87mph? I had a '04 SRX, and would be thrilled had I gotten more than 21mpg at 62 MPH with C/C turned on and tires inflated a lb over recco.

That is a heavy sled (about 4500 lbs, with big glass roof). You're OK. Enjoy the ride, but not the fill-ups.............

SS

#23 ·
My 2011 3.0 XWD has only 5Kmi so far. Mileage isn't what I'd hoped for. Sticker says 17 city/23 highway. My experience has been more like 15/20 at best. This is unloaded, easy driving, cruise control on the highway. Maybe it will loosen up after the first oil change and another couple thousand miles.

I hear the turbo like gas...
I have no firsthand experience with the 2.8 turbo. However, I've owned at least a dozen turbocharged cars. In my experience, driven at the same pace, they will get better fuel economy than normally aspirated engines.

jack vines

#26 ·
My 2011 3.0 XWD has only 5Kmi so far. Mileage isn't what I'd hoped for. Sticker says 17 city/23 highway. My experience has been more like 15/20 at best. This is unloaded, easy driving, cruise control on the highway. Maybe it will loosen up after the first oil change and another couple thousand miles.

I have no firsthand experience with the 2.8 turbo. However, I've owned at least a dozen turbocharged cars. In my experience, driven at the same pace, they will get better fuel economy than normally aspirated engines.

jack vines
I have only had the car for a couple weeks, but so far averaging 23-24 mpg highway. Keeping out of "boost" range.

#28 ·
53 000 kms.
50/50 Town hotrodding / flat highway 120 kph cruise

12.1L /100kms or 19.4 US MPG (Average gathered from 40 000 - 53 000 kms)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.