More Bass! Infinity BassLink
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, More Bass! Infinity BassLink in Cadillac SRX Forums; As you can see from the pictures, I am not done. Just testing it out first before I put any ...
    SomeGuyNamedJay is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX

More Bass! Infinity BassLink

As you can see from the pictures, I am not done. Just testing it out first before I put any holes in the car. Please use these pictures as an example of how NOT to install a sub into your SRX. This is a temporary ghetto method that took me all of 10 minutes to do.

This all said.. the sound is SO much BETTER! I need to do some tweaking, but I am pretty sure it is going to work out long term - as long as the unit holds up... There are plenty of reviews on the internet (including this site) of the BassLink dying.

How I did it: 1. I got power from the cigarette lighter port in the back. Yes, I am proud of my splicing job. Notice how there is still an available port? Sweet!!!
    2. I just spliced into the Bose "sub-woofer" audio line. I decided to keep it plugged in (as opposed to unhooking it completely) to add some mid-bass. This may change as I test it out and tune it more.
    3. The unit also comes with a very handy remote control knob which I fished (also ghetto style) to the front of the car. This will aide in tuning, but also to turn it up and down, depending on the song.

That's it!

You can also see that it does not fit perfectly in the storage compartment under the cover. I will either cut up the foam to put a hole about the size of the sub, or just take the foam out entirely.
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Re: More Bass! Infinity BassLink

Thanks for sharing. That should do nicely hiding all the squeaks and rattles.

Max405 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX

Quote Originally Posted by stevec5375 View Post
    Thanks for sharing. That should do nicely hiding all the squeaks and rattles.
    This post killed my enthusiasm for this forum. After this, I am done here.

To the original poster, I am glad you like the additional bass that the Bass link gave you. If you dont push it too hard, It should last you a good long time. You will find that the remote control gain knob is the best thing you could add to the system. Without it, you will be forced to equalize most of the bass out in the head unit. Then all you will hear is mid to high through the doors and the dash and low through the sub woofer. Since you have the knob you can equalize the mids back in by raising the bass in the headunit and ligthly add a touch of bass with the knob to fill the bottom. The sound will be terrific. If you like smooth Jazz, try listening to the Rippingtons "Topaz". For me, this music adds to the experience of an otherwise GREAT automobile.

Good luck everybody with your SRX. I am sure it will serve you well. Nothing manufactured by humans can be perfect all the time. I got lucky with my SRX. I think its a wonderful car.

Take care everybody, Joe D.

PJ1520 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX4 N*, 2004 Infinity G35 Coupe

MAX.......I am happy to hear your SRX has been problem free. Some have not been so lucky. Please afford those folks some understanding with their frustrations.

If theirs was simply a matter of dropping their SRX off at a dealer under warranty and getting it back with the issues resolved, we would not be having this discussion........and everyone would be you, happy and satisfied that their $40K+ was well spent and that every ride behind the wheel a pleasurable experience, one they paid for on the front end.

PJ

SomeGuyNamedJay is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX

There will always be treadcrappers. Complainers will always have a louder voice because they are more passionate about their problem than the countless people who either don't have problems with their vehicle or have the understanding that yes, all cars, regardless of Make/Model/where it was made) have issues. It is unfortunate that this forum does have a high number of Steve C's.

It would be nice if someone from GM was monitoring the forum and actively worked with these folks to fix their issues. I know from personal experience that some (most?) dealers just SUCK.

I spend a lot of time on this board answering other people's questions. I don't complain nearly as loudly and fervently as I did when I first got on here. The back end (cargo area) of my car sounds like a rattle trap. I have had the car a little over one year and it has approx. 8K miles on it. So why is it rattling like that when it's still almost new? There is nothing in the cargo area except the compressor that came with it. I have searched the entire back end looking for the cause. My conclusion: typical American car. Why do I make this statement? Because my experience with American cars in my lifetime has been that they all rattle. I was hoping after all these years things would have improved. I have been sorely disappointed.

My comment about his subwoofer covering up the rattles was ended with a smiley face in an attempt to be more "tongue in cheek" than anything else. Herein lies the problem with internet communications. Apparently several of you have taken this to mean I was "crapping" on this thread. I'm sorry that was your interpretation. Please return to your rose-colored glasses reality.

No Steve.......I took it as a light-humored comment, with or without the smilie. And reminiscent of someone elses' practical suggestion to drown out the rattles (rear suspension) and thumping (gasoline tank-caused, lacking baffles) by cranking the sound system until GM could find a cause and/or a fix for this racket. No apologies from you needed from my perspective.

PJ

Smokin' SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 Perf 3.0,AWD, 2011 Yukon Denali,(403HP), had 04 SRX

Ditto's. Steve is a dedicated member. We mustn't be too thin skinned! This forum's members are a great group (not precision wordsmiths/Miss Manners at all times) and would pull over to help a fellow X'er anyday! Good enough for me!

Max, it's your privilege to leave. But if I took every one of my family's opinions as 100% of the facts, there would never be a family bar-b-q! I know you can find some annoying posts, by (usually rightfully)venting folks, but again, ............ no bar-b-q.

Why not stay tuned and glean the useful, dollar saving, insightful knowledge this forum offers for free, and just log in as a Guest? We won't mind. That's the kind of folks we are! You don't have to read every newspaper on the stand. Your call.

SS

Max405 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX

Steve, I apologize for making it seem like I was leaving the forum '"just" because of your post. That was stupid of me and insensitive. I was wrong to judge anyone else. I am sorry.

Funny thing.. I was driving in this morning without the stereo on, just to try and listen for squeaks and rattles! Thankfully, I couldnt detect any. I have a feeling if I blast the stereo enough I'll be sure to loosen some things up without a doubt...

Jay- If you cut up the subfloor so you can close the door you will lose the clarity in the sound of the bass. You will only "feel" it. Plus, I think the Basslink will overheat in an enclosed area. Check on that before you do any cutting. With my system, I leave the door open and folded down (unless I am transporting luggage or something) and have the sub firing upwards. The sound is incredible. If I were you, I wouldn't close the door at all unless you need too. The BassLink is small enough to tuck into one of the corners just behind the seats. It will sound great, and its not an eyesore at all.

Thanks and once again, I am sorry for being a baby.

Joe D.

Quote Originally Posted by Max405 View Post
    Steve, I apologize for making it seem like I was leaving the forum '"just" because of your post. That was stupid of me and insensitive. I was wrong to judge anyone else. I am sorry.

Joe D.
    Joe, apology accepted.

Welcome back! I hope we can help you with any question/issues you might have.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokin' SRX View Post
    Ditto's..........But if I took every one of my family's opinions as 100% of the facts, there would never be a family bar-b-q! I know you can find some annoying posts, by (usually rightfully)venting folks, but again, ............ no bar-b-q.

SS
    No more family BBQs if I start to agree 100% with my family members' opinions? So THAT is what I have been doing wrong. I'll have to put some ear plugs in and just start nodding my head in agreement starting with the next family get together or phone call.

PJ

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.