Don't buy the SRX or a GM
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Don't buy the SRX or a GM in Cadillac SRX Forums; I bought a new 2010 SRX and have had nothing but problems since. The gas tank thumps, the brakes squeek. ...
    jioanna is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 srx

Exclamation Don't buy the SRX or a GM

I bought a new 2010 SRX and have had nothing but problems since. The gas tank thumps, the brakes squeek. When I pull into work people turn around and ask me what is wrong with my car! I am so embaresed to drive it. I have contacted the customer cares hotline numerous times and only get the run around. It has been into the shop six times [for these issues, many more for the others] and they admit they hear it but can't fix it.
    The transmission was leaking, the trim fell off, the dash fogged up, no remote detected it goes on and on. I have tried to work with them but they don't call back or call the home phone when i have asked them to call my cell because I am out of town. The car is less than a year old!
    Don't buy not only an SRX but a GM vehicle in general. Poor customer service, poor craftmanship. Can you imagine buying a luxury vehicle that you are embarrased to drive? And the manufacturer does nothing?
    I have contacted an attorney and will continue to blog here and everywhere else to let you know how it goes!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Re: Don't buy the SRX or a GM

I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems.

Have you seen this thread? http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...round-2-a.html

It does have a happy ending if you read it completely. The driver ended up getting new 2011 SRX after filing the Lemon Law against GM. She got an attorney too. There is some very good advice offered up in this thread. Please read it.

sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD

Quote Originally Posted by stevec5375 View Post
    There is some very good advice offered up in this thread. Please read it.
    Sound advice!

Sorry to hear about your problems too.

Sube

PJ1520 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX4 N*, 2004 Infinity G35 Coupe

jionna........good advice from these people. Read the thread Steve mentioned. Shana, the owner of the 2010 SRX in that thread, in retrospect might tell you that nothing happened until the heat was turned up, way up. Don't waste your time angry and frustrated. Action and resolve will get you where you want to go.

PJ

Ponyman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium, Radiant Silver

If you really are having all these problems, then I sympathize with you and wish you good luck in your efforts with GM. The guys are right, read all of Shana's posts about her ordeal and solution. But, I must admit that when your first post is one slamming the car and company, then I am a bit skeptical about your problems and suspect a spammer. Where were you as all of these problems were taking place, and why weren't you here asking for advise?

Smokin' SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 Perf 3.0,AWD, 2011 Yukon Denali,(403HP), had 04 SRX

Ponyman, I am suspicious as well. Hope we are right, as no one really deserves so many unresolved issues along with an apparently unsympathetic Dealer? Jioanna, Why wouldn't you change Dealers? Come here sooner? At least you are pursuing channels now.

Don't condemn a whole Co. because of a bad Dealer/bad day at the factory. All brands have Lemons at times. Many Toyota/Lexus owners are still afraid to drive up to their garages for fear of accelerating right thru them! They stayed with Lexus and got it/getting it resolved. The majority of our Forum members are quite happy w/their SRX. But not w/ every Dealer.

I encourage you to stay tuned to our Forum, with it's large wealth of knowledge/advice/experience and proceed as you have, to get a new SRX, if warranted. You'll be happy again!

Pls keep us posted.

SS

Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by Ponyman View Post
    If you really are having all these problems, then I sympathize with you and wish you good luck in your efforts with GM. The guys are right, read all of Shana's posts about her ordeal and solution. But, I must admit that when your first post is one slamming the car and company, then I am a bit skeptical about your problems and suspect a spammer. Where were you as all of these problems were taking place, and why weren't you here asking for advise?
    I agree with Ponyman & Smokin SRX 100%!

If you were having all these problems before you should have been looking for this site a lot sooner than now. To just start slaming and post only 1 post is quite obvious that your intent here is to merely SLAM the SRX & GM.

It sure doesn't appear you are looking for help but to just to incite everyone based on your comments and not sticking around to get good feedback ---> "... will continue to blog here and everywhere else to let you know how it goes!"

Perhaps she just found out about the site. Not everyone lives in front of their computers like we do.

Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by stevec5375 View Post
    Perhaps she just found out about the site. Not everyone lives in front of their computers like we do.
    Steve you could be very correct ...

However, his comments IMO: ".... will continue to blog here and everywhere else to let you know how it goes!" sounds to me a lot more like a person who knows quite well what they are doing and certainly appears they have been around the net a lot.

I have seen these posts numerous times over the years on many other sites and the majority of them who post and run are looking to merely stir the pot.

If he/ she was looking for good advice they should stick around and talk. To merely post and leave without seeking any help or assistance with their issues to me is not the usual or normal behavior.

Perhaps they will come back and will allow us to try and help guide them through there concerns or issues.

I realize that most people are not as "passionate" about motor vehicles as I am. Most of my acquaintances don't know these types of automotive forums exist. Many people think dealers are pretty much the same. How many times on this forum do we come across people who are not sure if switching dealers is an option? Others trust their dealer until the breaking point. And most people are uncomfortable with confrontation. Even more with drawing a line in the sand......even when they don't get what they paid for.

All of these things notwithstanding, the lemon law thread Steve referenced reinforces my belief that David can take on Goliath and do just fine. Shana did. Why not Jioanna? My patience threshhold is a lot lower than the price of an SRX. If I didn't feel I had the knowledge and expertise to get my new car fixed or replaced, I would ask others for help and/or hire someone who did have these skill sets.

PJ

Tolron is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I had numerous problems on my '07 CTS. Took car to dealer over and over, finally getting so frustrated that I wanted to "lawyer up" and go for the lemon law. Wrong approach! A lawyer friend of mine said, "read your owners manual" and follow the procedures there. First step is dealer; second is Cadillac; third is Better Business Bureau; fourth is Lemon Law. Since I had already been to dealer (over 24 times) and Cadillac, I called BBB. They told me how to file with them on line which I did. The NEXT DAY I got a call from Cadillac. I'll skip a few steps (which you can find in my dissertation under "first generatio CTS") but suffice it to say that within three weeks, I had a full refund including GM points. I turned around and bought a '10 SRX. Quite happy with it! Follow your owners manual or you will just run in circles and run up unneeded legal bills. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ1520 View Post
    I realize that most people are not as "passionate" about motor vehicles as I am. Most of my acquaintances don't know these types of automotive forums exist. Many people think dealers are pretty much the same. How many times on this forum do we come across people who are not sure if switching dealers is an option? Others trust their dealer until the breaking point. And most people are uncomfortable with confrontation. Even more with drawing a line in the sand......even when they don't get what they paid for.

All of these things notwithstanding, the lemon law thread Steve referenced reinforces my belief that David can take on Goliath and do just fine. Shana did. Why not Jioanna? My patience threshhold is a lot lower than the price of an SRX. If I didn't feel I had the knowledge and expertise to get my new car fixed or replaced, I would ask others for help and/or hire someone who did have these skill sets.

PJ
    Ditto, ...........dittos to the ditto to PJ1520

Good for you Tolron! Way to go! All roses can have a nasty thorn..........

SS

I agree, Tolron. I can't think of a business situation (and this topic of unresolved SRX issues with brand new vehicles is a business situation) where you use a hammer except as a last resort, after you have exhausted all other reasonable avenues available to you.

In every corporate environment I have worked, the folks who had the most success with satisfactory problem resolution, whether that be within the company or outside of the company.....these individuals communicated clearly, communicated to the right people, and they documented their case with names, dates, times, titles, committments, deliverables, and exact expectation content. They were nothing if not persistent.

More important, they were like a machine. When matters went South, they were not afraid to use their resources, seek out advice, escalate issues to key decision makers no matter how high up, and to use whatever leverage they had to. Emotion, frustration, fear? These get in the way and destroy one's credibility. So does a lack of resolve.

In Shana's case I'd bet a case of (fill in the blank with your favorite adult beverage) she would do things a bit differently the second time around, even though she was ultimately successful. All the while she had all of her ducks lined up. She ultimately got exactly what she paid for, what she deserved in the first place: a new replacement vehicle, the difference being that this one works. But it took her a over a year and a score fruitless visits back to her dealership to get there.

Shana taught us a lot about what not to do and what ultimately worked for her. When she put Goliath on notice about her next steps (lemon law action), even then her dealership and the zone rep attempted to stall her off all the way to the door of the courtroom! "You boys just ran out of time." She had a vin# on her replacement SRX in short order.

I am an SRX owner, a proud owner. I have no axe to grind. But a customer, and she was a long-time/many vehicle loyal customer and from a family that also bought the same brand for their personal and business use, should not have to go through what she had to go through. I thank myself every day that my dealer is quite a few cuts above hers. But if placed in her situation, I would not have had $40,000 + and over a years worth of patience.

PJ

Quote Originally Posted by PJ1520 View Post

I am an SRX owner, a proud owner. I have no axe to grind. But a customer, and she was a long-time/many vehicle loyal customer and from a family that also bought the same brand for their personal and business use, should not have to go through what she had to go through. I thank myself every day that my dealer is quite a few cuts above hers. But if placed in her situation, I would not have had $40,000 + and over a years worth of patience.

PJ

One thing about this that amazed me was that Shana was willing to stick with the GM brand after what they put her through. If it had been me, I doubt I would have done that. But I guess unless she wanted to lose some money she had no choice since she couldn't very sell her lemon w/o a loss.

However, the way they treated her is a formula for loosing lifelong customers and everyone to whom she relays her story.

Jioanna, you there? Any news/comments?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.