Don't buy the SRX or a GM - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Don't buy the SRX or a GM in Cadillac SRX Forums; on advise of counsel she has stopped blogging here and everywhere...
    RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Re: Don't buy the SRX or a GM

on advise of counsel she has stopped blogging here and everywhere
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

jcapps is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by stevec5375 View Post
    Perhaps she just found out about the site. Not everyone lives in front of their computers like we do.
    When I first joined this forum I loved my STS. When I got my SRX and posted about some problems I was attacked in a thread and in pm's.
    If you have issues with your SRX contact the local GM rep. Most posters here are upset when one posts about issues with their SRX. Where I find on other forums that folks join in and offer help, here you are immediately labeled a troll or a spammer.

I still love GM and currently own 10 gm vehicles. But when I had problems with my SRX I was labeled anti american. I would never buy another srx but I would buy another Cadillac

PJ1520 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX4 N*, 2004 Infinity G35 Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by jcapps View Post
    When I first joined this forum I loved my STS. When I got my SRX and posted about some problems I was attacked in a thread and in pm's.
    If you have issues with your SRX contact the local GM rep. Most posters here are upset when one posts about issues with their SRX. Where I find on other forums that folks join in and offer help, here you are immediately labeled a troll or a spammer.

I still love GM and currently own 10 gm vehicles. But when I had problems with my SRX I was labeled anti american. I would never buy another srx but I would buy another Cadillac
    JCAPPS.......Welcome back. I am certain I speak for most of us here when I say your input here is valued and opinions respected.

All of us, myself included, must remain sensitive about what we say and how we say it when posting in a public forum. Blowing off steam is acceptable. Indirectly or directly criticizing others by commission or omision is not.

I will not debate the fact that some of us have issues with our SRXs, arguably too many issues. Nor will I debate the fact that Cadillac and the SRX are not the highest ranked brand and model in initial build quality or long-term reliability. The stats are what they are. I knew these risks going in when I bought my SRX. But I but bought it anyway. I expected a higher aggravation factor, a higher incidence of repair, right down to what others had already experienced.

Why did I let my common sense write that check anyway?

Because an SRX is what I wanted, regardless of the downsides and increased risks. I was ready to accept that my SRX might be in the shop more often than one neighbor's MDX or a friend's RX350. I bought a warranty extension to mitigate my risks over a long period of time. No regrets.

My neighbor and my friend might shoot out a "Why would you buy the SRX when you knew full well that there were better, more reliable, higher quality alternatives open to you?"

The answer is preference.

Better for them is not necessarily better for me. My preferences are not necessarily your preferences. And I am willing to accept, and to pay for, those inherent risks to get my preference. Leave me alone with those downsides, knowing I am satisfied with my choice and enjoy it.

When my neighbor or my friend cross the line and criticize my judgements in things automotive, which in their mind are stupid and unnecessary (and for the money), they are calling me stupid. They are insulting me. They are insulting my choice. They are insulting my preference. For me, the only thing worse thing a person can verbally criticize and attack other than my car choice is my wife!!!!!!!!

So when someone in a forum and excoriates GM, Cadillac, or the SRX, they are bound to strike a nerve with owners of the marque. They are going to get a backlash, and a strong one, as sure as I am typing this response.

Some of the backlash will be from folks like me who accepted the risk to get my reward. Some of the backlash will come from folks who are experiencing relatively few issues, if any. Some of the backlash will come from folks angry about the loss of U.S. jobs and what they perceive as outright treason, a person denigrating American manufacturers while threatening to dump their SRX and buy foreign, as the OP did in this thread. Some of the backlash will come from folks who see the "offending" poster comparing apples to oranges, a less expensive SRX to a significantly more expensive foreign alternative. Some forum folks simply detest whining and complaining from posters who rant yet take little substantive action over time to rectify their particular situation. And the list goes on.

People want solutions. They gravitate and support problem solvers. And as we have seen in the thread where the OP with a 2010 SRX, in exasperation and despair, finally took up a Lemon Law action against GM/Cadillac, the forum support was overwhelingly supportive. Why? Because the oppressed and inexperienced (in such matters) OP presented their situation in a non-complaining, ever persistent way that won over the respect and admiration of the peanut gallery. She wasn't throwing hand grenades over the bunker or creating collateral damage with other SRX owners.

Just don't pee on my shoe and we'll get along well.

I am glad you are posting again. Let's get back to helping each other solving issues and rationalizing our choices. Maybe one of these days I will explain why I chose the SRX color I did or why I prefer my wife over the other choices I had. The wife didn't come with an extended warranty.

PJ

PS: I still managed to sleep comfotably last night depite the original posters "Rip and run."

strykr14 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX

This kind of stuff irks me. I'm a car enthusiast and I am active in forums that discuss whatever particular car I'm driving. Most people that post on car forums are car guys/girls and like their vehicle more than the average joe. So it's bad taste to go one a forum and post under a title like "Don't buy the SRX or a GM." If you have legitimate problem (like she seems to have) saying that GM sucks and the SRX is a peice of crap will not get you much help (most replies here have been negative to her, rightly so).

Asking questions or asking for help/opinions will get you alot farther on any forum than knocking the vehicle the forum is based on (even if it has given you a lot of problems).

Ponyman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium, Radiant Silver

VERY well said PJ and Stryker

another excellent post by PJ1520!
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Smokin' SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 Perf 3.0,AWD, 2011 Yukon Denali,(403HP), had 04 SRX

Nails it, guys! Well said.

Rippy, how do you know this??

But PJ, say what you will about my wife, but my cars............... LOL

SS

Smokin', i made that comment (post #16) with my tongue firmly planted in my cheek ...

OK. My bad. I thought maybe she PM'd you or something. Who could resist that face!!? LOL Ya won't see me here! She'd never call! LOL

SS

Quote Originally Posted by Smokin' SRX View Post
    Who could resist that face!!?
    apparently lots of women aged 18-35

PJ1520 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX4 N*, 2004 Infinity G35 Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by PJ1520 View Post

For me, the only thing worse thing a person can verbally criticize and attack other than my car choice is my wife!!!!!!!!

PJ
    Needs explanation......if you verbally criticize her, she'll mow you down with the SRX, twice just to make sure. Not good. I have a $1,000 deductible.

PJ

Al15905 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): srx

"Some of the backlash will come from folks angry about the loss of U.S. jobs and what they perceive as outright treason, a person denigrating American manufacturers while threatening to dump their SRX and buy foreign, as the OP did in this thread. Some of the backlash will come from folks who see the "offending" poster comparing apples to oranges, a less expensive SRX to a significantly more expensive foreign alternative. "

You realize the SRX is made in Mexico - I assume?
    Al

assembled in mexico

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 13 SRX AWD 3.6L Premium - Platinum Ice Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by Al15905 View Post
    "Some of the backlash will come from folks angry about the loss of U.S. jobs and what they perceive as outright treason, a person denigrating American manufacturers while threatening to dump their SRX and buy foreign, as the OP did in this thread. Some of the backlash will come from folks who see the "offending" poster comparing apples to oranges, a less expensive SRX to a significantly more expensive foreign alternative. "

You realize the SRX is made in Mexico - I assume?
    Al
    And what's your point? Last time i checked, GM's headquarters was still in Detriot Michigan, and Mexico was still attached to the US!
    I see no viability in whatever it is you are trying to insinuate.

Quote Originally Posted by rippypartsdept View Post
    apparently lots of women aged 18-35
    lmao!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.