timer / ticking sound 2011 performance awd
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, timer / ticking sound 2011 performance awd in Cadillac SRX Forums; Mom just called and said twice yesterday she had a ticking or as she called it a sound like the ...
    cvettr/cts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 Infrared CTS-V

timer / ticking sound 2011 performance awd

Mom just called and said twice yesterday she had a ticking or as she called it a sound like the old cooking timers counting down. 1st time it started as soon as she started to back out of the garage and continued for approximately 5 minutes did not matter moving, not moving, staight, or in turn did not speed or slow with vehicle. Second time it let her get out of garage into drive and a few houses down the road before starting and again lasted about the same time. Sound appears to her to be coming form the dash area. not a rock in the tire as it does it while stopped. No warnings no lights no bars on the park assist in speedometer area. Any ideas? Yes I did search with no results first.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

garytexas is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS, 2010 SRX Prem

Re: timer / ticking sound 2011 performance awd

Took my 2010 in for servicing the Nav system due to not maintaining stored location. Dealer "reprogrammed". Now, there are faint sounds like tiny servo's moving from the same area your mom described. I suspect blend door actuators since I can effect the sound by moving the warmer cooler arrows on passenger or driver side. I don't know if there is controller for the temp that somehow lost it's callibration during the Nav reprogramming, but the little servo sounds like it is continually making micro adjustments. Only happens with engine running, not acc power.

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Thanks Stevec. So your post prompted me to do a little digging and on ALLDATA there are two procedures listed for Actuator Recalibration. The first (preferred) with a scan tool and the second (alternate) 1. turn ignition off 2. remove HVAC control module fuse for min 10s 3. turn ignition on and wait min 40s for HVAC control module to self calibrate. My dealer is on the other side of town and even though they comp me a loaner, it would be nice to avoid another visit. Can anyone comment on this "self calibrate" procedure? I am thinking worse case, it doesn't work and I was going to have to take it in anyway.

Smokin' SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 Perf 3.0,AWD, 2011 Yukon Denali,(403HP), had 04 SRX

Gary, go for it! Couldn't hurt and nowadays , re-booting systems to re-calibrate is so common. I recently had to unplug/replug my accountants phone system when it worked except for that the other party could not here a word YOU said! Quick reboot solved it. (after I pulled out a speaker and checked it's function........)

Pls let us know.

Have you seen the Bulletin/recall site? There are many items listed for our sled. It's free! http://www.mycarstats.com/
    SS

PS...................not uncommon to have to do twice! (after waiting 5 minutes, or so.)

cvettr/cts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 Infrared CTS-V

Did not do it when i took it in. Will have her try the temp change thing if it does it again although she says hvac was off when it happened. Also saw the fuel pump tsb but don't think that is it since you can only hear inside.

Quote Originally Posted by garytexas View Post
    Thanks Stevec. So your post prompted me to do a little digging and on ALLDATA there are two procedures listed for Actuator Recalibration. The first (preferred) with a scan tool and the second (alternate) 1. turn ignition off 2. remove HVAC control module fuse for min 10s 3. turn ignition on and wait min 40s for HVAC control module to self calibrate. My dealer is on the other side of town and even though they comp me a loaner, it would be nice to avoid another visit. Can anyone comment on this "self calibrate" procedure? I am thinking worse case, it doesn't work and I was going to have to take it in anyway.
    Sorry, no joy on this. Tried it once, twice, waited..... tried it again. Still making R2D2 type noises from the blend door actuators. I'll have the dealer recalibrate per the service letter, next chance I get.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.