XM Downloading New Info......
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, XM Downloading New Info...... in Cadillac SRX Forums; I tried to check the weather on the infotainment screen yesterday and got the message that "XM is downloading new ...
    etexlady is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 Luxury SRX Crystal Red Tintcoat

XM Downloading New Info......

I tried to check the weather on the infotainment screen yesterday and got the message that "XM is downloading new information...may take a few minutes." That same message persists today. I renewed XM a couple of weeks ago (XM Everything). Would that have something to do with this problem? I guess I can go to their website and request a reactivation of the radio but I'm receiving the individual channels just not the weather. Any suggestions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Re: XM Downloading New Info......

etexlady is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 Luxury SRX Crystal Red Tintcoat

Those screen shots of "travellink" do not look familiar. Mine just had a three or four day weather forecast and it did not appear to be as detailed as the screen shots for travellink. I guess I didn't realize XM was delivering the weather. I thought it was a part of OnStar. Oh well, it's not worth an extra $2.00 to me. Thank you for the response.

Buck1962 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 XLR & 2011 CTS-V Coupe Black Diamond Edition

While we're on the topic....

My free weather trial ran out, and the info on the screen wasn't showing anything but "no data" here and there on the screen. I called and paid for the service and waited for it to update.... but something doesn't seem quite right now. Here's the image from SRX navigation manual PDF:

See the square window off to the right? Mine is now blank, with "no data" showing right below it. Everything else is working though. My question is, what is supposed to be in that square?

It only started back working moments before I turned the vehicle off after a long trip today, so info may not fully be downloaded yet.

Any replies would greatly be appreciated.

bg1811 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

OK, how do you get to this screen? I have a 2010 SRX with XM everthing. When I select weather I just get all the floor warnings in my area.
    I got the owner's manual out and found the answer so please excuse the post.

mabart1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX

I'm having the same problem with my 2011. No weather. All blank info and no traffic warnings either. had the car in twice for it. Still nothing. Also, when I start the car , I get the same songs on the same CD's playing over and over, even if I was in another CD when I turned the car off!. I'm so sick of Whitney Huston! I do have "Shuffle" checked too.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.