2010 SRX NAV System Info Weather Display Missing
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, 2010 SRX NAV System Info Weather Display Missing in Cadillac SRX Forums; I had to have my NAV system replaced on my 2010 SRX. Now the weather option button isn't available when ...
    Sands442 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX

2010 SRX NAV System Info Weather Display Missing

I had to have my NAV system replaced on my 2010 SRX. Now the weather option button isn't available when I bring up the screen by hitting the info button, it only displays HVAC. I had XM update my account with the new ID, and I include traffic and weather in my subscription. How do I get my weather back? did they install the wrong system? Service techs went home for the weekend, and the Service mgr thinks that the weather will pop up in a day or so...still waiting.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD

Re: 2010 SRX NAV System Info Weather Display Missing

Quote Originally Posted by Sands442 View Post
    Did they install the wrong system?
    No. There's only one system for weather and traffic. The traffic portion must be activated by XM sending a signal. XM may have updated your account, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they sent out a signal. Call XM and have them resend the XM Traffic signal. None of this has anything to do with your dealer.

Sube

Sube,

I have no problem tuning in the traffic stations. The issue is, weather will not display on the screen when I select the info key. The only item available is HVAC. The previous system allowed 2 options when selecting info, 1 weather and 2 being HVAC. The weather would also had an option prompt that included a 5 day forecast, now I have nothing.

sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD

Do you have the two soft buttons, "Weather" and "HVAC", or is only the "HVAC" button showng? If you have both, the active one should be "red". If you have both buttons, exactly what happens when you press the "Weather" button?

Sube

rgalpaugh is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I have the same situation. Both buttons are active, but nothing happens when I press the weather button. When I first hit the info button I get the xm sending data, may take a couple of minutes message I used to get when I'd leave the garage in the morning, except the data never appears.

cam30era is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX Premium FWD

Quote Originally Posted by rgalpaugh View Post
    I have the same situation. Both buttons are active, but nothing happens when I press the weather button. When I first hit the info button I get the xm sending data, may take a couple of minutes message I used to get when I'd leave the garage in the morning, except the data never appears.
    Ditto on my 2011 SRX.

So I think I noodled it out...we have to subscribe to travel link which was part of the trial period but costs 1.99 per month extra

cam30era is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX Premium FWD

So I think I noodled it out...we have to subscribe to travel link which was part of the trial period but costs 1.99 per month extra
    I am still in the initial trial period. Purchased my SRX just 6 weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by sube5186 View Post
    Do you have the two soft buttons, "Weather" and "HVAC", or is only the "HVAC" button showng? If you have both, the active one should be "red". If you have both buttons, exactly what happens when you press the "Weather" button?

Sube
    I use to have both buttons on the system that was removed and replaced. The new system only has the HVAC button.

Sands

I have a full subscription to XM, XM traffic and weather. The traffic and weather channels tune in with no problem, just do not get the info screen with the weather option. Thanks for the replies. The dealer is also looking into it. I suspect something goofed during the software programming. Was hoping that I could fix myself by hitting shortcut keys or some code via button sequence.

The traffic and weather stations are different than the traffic and weather data streams. 1.99 per month for weather/movie times etc, 3.99 per month for traffic, 5.99 per month for both.

bwclemons is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX Luxury

Do you have the little yellow car in the lower left side of your screen? If not XM needs to resend the signal.

The traffic and weather stations are different than the traffic and weather data streams. 1.99 per month for weather/movie times etc, 3.99 per month for traffic, 5.99 per month for both.
    I am fully aware of the costs and subscriptions. I have had the SRX for 18 months and enjoyed weather with forecast and along route weather on my NAV screen for the first 17.75 months, but I had to have the radio/XM/Nav system replaced because the system would not delete recent locations, wouldn't remember a location if I suspended guidance and a litany of other issues; however, the weather worked great. After replacing the system, I no longer get weather or the soft button for weather on the NAV screen. Neither GM nor XM can answer why, and GM wants me to bring it back in, so I will. Just not that easy to get it in the shop right now do to work load.

Smokin' SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 Perf 3.0,AWD, 2011 Yukon Denali,(403HP), had 04 SRX

Yes, you pay extra for the extended weather after free trial but you don't even gave a button to press for it. Only 2 answers I ever heard were have new signal sent/re-program.

SS

XM says all should be working, and activated, resent signal several times. XM customer support is operated out of the Phillipines (go figure). Must be programming, will take it back to Mr. Goodwrench, Palm Chevy, Mazda, Cadillac in Gainesville, FL. Probably get it in this coming week. I'll never buy another Caddy from a non-Caddy exclusive dealer, they just do not seem to be luxury auto experts, instead, they are Chevy centric.

Sands

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.