2010 SRX NAV System Info Weather Display Missing - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, 2010 SRX NAV System Info Weather Display Missing in Cadillac SRX Forums; did this get fix mine is doing the same thing now, I had nav replaced and now no weather via ...
    Drlib111 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 Srx, 2011 CTS Coupe

Re: 2010 SRX NAV System Info Weather Display Missing

did this get fix mine is doing the same thing now, I had nav replaced and now no weather via the info button just HVAC

etexlady is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 Luxury SRX Crystal Red Tintcoat

Did any of you guys get this problem resolved? I just accepted that when my XM trial was over I would have to pay an extra fee to XM to keep the weather and opted not to do so. However, in dealing with XM customer service today about another matter I mentioned the missing weather on the nav screen. The CR consulted with a supervisor and then said GM has to authorize the weather to continue. He told me he was entering a trouble ticket to GM with my VIN # to determine if they would provide the authorization. He said there would be a resolution to the trouble ticket in 7-10 working days. So, maybe this CR was just blowing smoke but it seemed not to be the first time he had heard of the problem.

Kuya is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Luxury, Black Raven with Nav

Be interested to know how you make out . . . I am a bit confused.

I bought my SRX used (10 mo old). The Nav/Radio had been replaced by the first owner, as I saw that noted on the CarFax and the GM warranty database.

I have never ever seen any weather icon on my screen, and now I want to know what you are talking about and how do I get it? I see a temperature display for sure, but if you touch it nothing happens. I currently have a free trial of XM Radio and should have all of the options . . .

Where exactly is this weather icon ???

allgm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX FWD Gray Flannel / Ebony Premium 3.0 Chrome Techs

Press the information button on the radio. You will see two options to select on the nav screen weather and hvac.
    Mine has weather condition at local airport. I had the nav reprogramed one time and the weather disappeared. I got a new nav unit last week and it is back. But now xm signal disconnects every time i turn off car. Getting new nav unit monday

Kuya is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Luxury, Black Raven with Nav

Thanks Delores! Never knew that . . .

I pressed the info button and WALA . . . I had two icons HVAC and Weather . . .only problem is that when I pressed weather it said that XM was updating . . but it came back with no information from the local international airport . . . Guess it's either not avail in my area or for some reason my XM is not picking it up . .

Glad to help. I also bought a 10 month old 2010 fwd premium in april. It had the weather icon then it disapeared when they reprogramed the nav unit. I think you have to buy the weather program from xm for $1.99 extra a month. I am a weather nut .
    I will call xm next tuesday after i get my new nav unit installed. Let me know if you get yours to update thanks

daddie2k3 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX Performance

so is it offical that i have to buy the 1.99 weather program for my info to pop up when i press info button or do i need to go to dealer because i talked to xm and told them i didnt want forecast i just want current info and they said go to dealer but i think that was their easy out of the conversation but i want to confirm because i wont waste money on weather program when i have an iphone on my hip and can pull up anybody's weather info for free but i just wanted the ease of pressing button

larryk is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 10 SRX Previously 01 BMW X5

You have to pay for weather to get the current weather info on the SRX.
    It is free only during the trial period...

New nav unit installed first of this week took a little over 4 hrs. When I press the information button I get current weather from my local airport. Press menu and get extended forcast. I have the standard $77.00 XM subscription.

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Quote Originally Posted by DELORES SCHNEIDER View Post
    New nav unit installed first of this week took a little over 4 hrs. When I press the information button I get current weather from my local airport. Press menu and get extended forcast. I have the standard $77.00 XM subscription.
    That's interesting. I have the $77 XM subscription too and I don't get the weather info at all. I called XM about it and they want an additional fee for it. Frankly, at this point I don't care as I can get the weather from my Android phone and don't have to pay an additional monthly fee for it. But chalk this all up as one more reason why when my current XM subscription expires, that's all the money they're getting from me. The only stations that I care to listen to repeat the music too often.

I wish I could get Pandora or Rhapsody through the radio natively. They are both far superior to XM. You can set up your own play lists and they have tons of "radio" stations of every genre. Plus they're available on the internet, your phone, TiVo and more.

I can at least plug my phone output into the Aux In jack and play Pandora, Rhapsody or anything else that comes through my phone.

TheCaptain is online now Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

At least you get the option of Pandora. It's not available in our country...
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

Quote Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
    At least you get the option of Pandora. It's not available in our country...
    What about Spotify?

daddie2k3 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX Performance

So now I'm confused because I have the $77 xm selected deal and no weather info for me also

In its attempts to keep cash flow active, XM cuts all kinds of deals with all kinds of customers. So it's no surprise that some people have XM w/o weather and some with weather -- all at varying prices. It seems to be based on how desperate they are at any given time and who you happen to get in customer service and what kind of mood they're in depending on the weather. Another side effect of this business model is that it tends to alienate some customers who feel cheated because they can't seem to get the same deal as someone else perhaps because they got someone in customer service who got up on the wrong side of the bed that day. I've read in other threads on this board that XM is not doing too well financially, which doesn't surprise me.

Razorecko is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V , 2010 SRX 2.8T

xm= sh*t.

I purchased the all in one lifetime membership when I first got my srx...this was supposed to include xm,weather, and traffic....WELL after the xm sirius merger they decided to cut off weather and live traffic from the lifetime package. So I have a very expensive lifetime xm radio setup. XM states I can't transfer over my esn # to a handheld xm unit because my esn is assigned to a car nav unit and they do not allow the transfer. I CANNOT add live traffic to my lifetime member ship. They say i have to cancel my lifetime membership and get their monthly package in order to get live traffic. Oh and the clincher....they wont reimburse me at all for the $6xx.00 i paid originally for the lifetime membership when i have to DOWNGRADE to get live traffic because they can't add it on to my lifetime package. Totally obscene way of scamming customers out of money. GM better very hastily dump xm/sirius on their units otherwise there will be many pissed off owners in the future that will end up costing GM money because everyone will go back to their dealers for these odd issues resulting from XM/Sirius changing policies, plans, and costs on a whim

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.