2011 SRX "Luxury" headlights - high beams great but low beams TERRIBLE....anyone else - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, 2011 SRX "Luxury" headlights - high beams great but low beams TERRIBLE....anyone else in Cadillac SRX Forums; Originally Posted by DoctorDave I just leased the 2011 SRX "Luxury" package with extra Nav. and tow. The headlights are ...
    SeniorX is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Luxury

Re: 2011 SRX "Luxury" headlights - high beams great but low beams TERRIBLE....anyone

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDave View Post
    I just leased the 2011 SRX "Luxury" package with extra Nav. and tow. The headlights are very disappointing to me. The high beams are great but low beams TERRIBLE....anyone else feel the same? Any advice? I wish I sprung for the fog lights just to get some extra light. I previously had the Enclave and the low lights were very good.
    I changed out the H11 bulbs on my wife's SRX with the Philips Ultra Crystal Vision. There is a noticeable improvement in brightness.
    Also did a DIY install on the foglights. My cost was $400 with dealer programming.

DoctorDave is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX

Re: 2011 SRX "Luxury" headlights - high beams great but low beams TERRIBLE....anyone

I just checked Auto Zone who carries SilverStar and they are not compatible with 2011 SRX AWD Luxury.
    MY dealer wanted $638 to install fog lites, I told him where he should install them.

2011 has H10's not H11's.

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    you could switch out the bulbs for SilverStar Ultras or one of the other brands' high lumen output bulbs
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ght-bulbs.html
    they dont have H10's for the 2011

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

2011 has H10's not H11's.
    my parts catalog says that 2010 and 2011 both take an H11 bulb... that's all i have to go on -
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

my parts catalog says that 2010 and 2011 both take an H11 bulb... that's all i have to go on -
    that's interesting, my owners manual, which can also be found online, indicates bulb for 2011 SRX as H10, manual for 2010 indicates H11 as replacement. Went to an aftermarket radio/everything installer today and he was concerned about the projectors. He said he has had problems putting in brighter bulbs in projectors at times with poor results. He;s gonna research it and discuss with his supplier and someone he knows at Cadillac and get back to me by Tuesday.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

if I had a VIN for a 2011 SRX I could call up GM and verify ... it's very possible that my catalog has an error in it
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Smokin' SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 Perf 3.0,AWD, 2011 Yukon Denali,(403HP), had 04 SRX

you could switch out the bulbs for SilverStar Ultras or one of the other brands' high lumen output bulbs
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ght-bulbs.html
    Rippy, I agree and just did it on my new Yukon! Helped about 15%. But HID's it ain't! Very cheap to do ($35) Be advised that if you go to a even brighter Halogen bulb, ( I think they offer an Ultra Bright)the life span greatly shortens. Real pain on the SRX to change the bulbs!! Why??? Shoot the engineer on this one!!

I like the adding Fogs better.............4 vs 2 light outputs is better.

SS

SeniorX is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Luxury

that's interesting, my owners manual, which can also be found online, indicates bulb for 2011 SRX as H10, manual for 2010 indicates H11 as replacement. Went to an aftermarket radio/everything installer today and he was concerned about the projectors. He said he has had problems putting in brighter bulbs in projectors at times with poor results. He;s gonna research it and discuss with his supplier and someone he knows at Cadillac and get back to me by Tuesday.
    The Low beams are H11s and the fog lights take H10s which I believe are 45 watt bulbs. H11s are 55 Watts.

cam30era is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX Premium FWD

Correct headlamp bulbs

I personally would not use the owner's manual nor the dealer's parts catalog for determining what bulb to use. Both have been known in the past to occasionally have misprints.

The only reliable source of this information is your headlamps (or tail lamps, or fog lamps). And, NO you do not have to disassemble them to find this information. It is marked on the exterior lens, and this is required by Federal law. In the case of the SRX headlamp, the legal markings are laser etched along the bottom edge of the lens. First there is a long string of numbers that are not germain for this, then there is the marking "DOT" followed by "VOR", then the correct bulb designation will be next for halogen or HID. You can rely on this information to be correct. If it were wrong, the vehicle manufacturer would be required to recall the vehicle.

skyoung is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 RSX

# NT-25369 - Give more sport style to your car with Universal H.I.D Xenon Light System Conversion Kit. Available in 3000K, 5000K, 10000K, and 15000K. 1 Year Warranty.

Powerful. Exotic. NottoŽ SE HID Conversion Kits debut with an unprecedented amount of attention. HID technology has become the most talked about trend in automotive lighting. NOTTO USA just raised the bar to new heights. Vivid illumination and exotic style create the difference that makes factory halogen lamps positively pale in comparison. Designed for precise fitment and universal compatibility, NottoŽ SE HID headlights are available for nearly every model in existence. NottoŽ SE HID kits unveil a beam that is up to 3 times brighter than standard halogens, boosting both driving safety while adding stunning style. HID headlights require much less energy than factory bulbs, giving them immeasurable endurance and rarely need replacement. NottoŽ SE HID Conversion Kits are DOT compliant and encouraged for the definitive level of safety that they encompass.

NottoŽ SE HID kits come complete with 2 Xenon HID Bulbs, 2 Digital Ballasts, and a friendly, detailed instruction manual that makes for an easy "plug-and-play" installation. It is a brave, new generation. You don't want to stay idle, and you don't want to drive with vulnerability. Find out for yourself and turn the night's darkest roads into a conquered kingdom. For technical info click here.

HID Conversion System: Click on thumbnails below for more info.

Notto hid conversion kit for our cars $99.00. I think this might be our savior.

Steve

brendajm is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

Steve, if you put these in please post back and tell us how it worked out. After having the self adjusting HIDs on my lexus I really miss them.. I would love to put this in the SRX, but I need to know that it is worth it before asking hubby to do it...

morven39 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Performance FWD

Just found this post. Did you use a power point under the hood or go through the firewall? I would like to add the QH84CF driving lights to my 2010 and would like to use a power point that is available only when driving. Appreciate any help.

inspectorudy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): SRX

I just went to the Notto web site and got as much info as I could but they do not have the SRX info specifically available for down loading. I wanted to see what was involved to replace the Halogens but they used a rice rocket for their choice of demo car. It looks like you will need a place to stick the ballast and other than that it looks straight forward. I do not know anything about it being legal or not so if anyone does please let us know. Also if anyone installs this kit take a couple of pictures of the work. They listed a price of $99 for the entire kit and FREE shipping with a one year warranty.
    Thanks

bwclemons is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX Luxury

Read this information and look at the pictures on my photobucket although some of the pictures do not apply. The hid's you are looking at are the same type as I used but from a dirrerent company. http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ry-models.html (Aftermarket HID lights for Base and Luxury models) http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ss-lights.html (DIY removal of front bumper to access lights) http://s1082.photobucket.com/albums/...cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.