Considering a New 2011 SRX ... Please Chime In
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Considering a New 2011 SRX ... Please Chime In in Cadillac SRX Forums; Spend all my time in the Gen 1 CTS-V forum, but realized there's a wealth of info just a click ...
    rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Considering a New 2011 SRX ... Please Chime In

Spend all my time in the Gen 1 CTS-V forum, but realized there's a wealth of info just a click away right here, so I thought I'd ask you guys/gals.

Well, wife wants a new car, and the SRX is near the top of the list. She wants luxury and to be pampered, but is rather pragmatic, too. I did the "build your own" thing, but specifically are there any options we should definitely consider or definitely not consider?
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

cam30era is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX Premium FWD

Re: Considering a New 2011 SRX ... Please Chime In

The cooled front seats are really nice. But only available on the Premium. Note also that the Performance and Premium editions come with 20" wheels and firmer suspension tuning. I think that the handling/ride compromise is just about perfect, but my wife thinks that it rides too harsh.

Whoa, thanks for the quick response. My wife would LOVE cooled seats ... firmer suspension, less so, but I'd sure like it. Is there a dramatic difference in ride feel or just subtle?
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

TRMN8R1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX LUX Radiant Silver Metallic 3.0AWD

Go drive them both! I opted for the LUX because this is my 'other office' on the road, so cush was more important to me. There's really not much I gave up from Performance to LUX in the way of features, besides the LUX has everything I wanted/needed (with the possible exception of fog lamps). Come on Cadillac, no fogs on LUX version?????

Don't know why, but I just noticed that the 3.6L isn't the motor anymore. Is the 3.0 up to the task? How's your mileage city/hwy?

Ponyman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium, Radiant Silver

You will gt a lot of people to say no, but the 3.0 has plenty of power for the vehicle. Mileage 17 city 24-26 highway. If the 3.6 is important to you, it will be the standard engine in 2012 model. Probably with an associated higher price also.

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    Don't know why, but I just noticed that the 3.6L isn't the motor anymore. Is the 3.0 up to the task? How's your mileage city/hwy?
    Yes, there is quite a difference in the ride/handling between the base/Lux versus the Performance/Premium. You'll have to try them. But note that if you want the higher levels of equipment on the Performance or Premium editions (like cooled seats), then you don't have a choice.

Regarding performance, for me the 3.0L was just OK. But I decided to buy a performance tune and reflash the engine and transmission control modules. Significant improvement in throttle response, and low end torque (+20 ft-lbs). Fuel economy improved 1-2 mpg also.

TRMN8R1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX LUX Radiant Silver Metallic 3.0AWD

I'm ok with the 3.0, what bothers me more is the constant down-shifting in the 6-speed, but maybe it's 'still learning' me? Who knows? Anyway, still breaking in, have around 3100m on the dial, seeing 19-21 aound town which I'm very happy about, BUT, not much difference OTR, maybe another point or two. Never bested 21 and change yet...............I'm thinking that maybe after 5-6k on the dial, it will improve, ALSO, running winter gas blends, mixed driving conditions, etc, so I'm anticipating improvement in the MPG's come spring time.

smiley47 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Wagon Black Diamond Tri-Coat

Many people are happy with the 3.0 power but quite a few are not. Since you have a CTS-V, you apparently appreciate HP and torque. I would suggest you test drive the 3.0 and if it works for you- go for it. If you feel you need more power, I would wait for the 2012 with the 3.6 DI.

Power? My wife? Naw. She is a lead foot, for sure, but she'll just give whatever amount of throttle is necessary to meet her "need for speed" at that moment. It's funny ... she's smart as heck and buys into all the global warming malarky, but if she's going 25 MPH and wants to go, say, 40 MPH, she doesn't ease into it like I would ... she steps on it, if you know what I mean. Saying that, I'm just fine with the 3.0 motor as far as size goes. Dumb (okay, lazy is more like it) ques: Is that a four-valve per cylinder design? VVT? DI?

Power? My wife? Naw. She is a lead foot, for sure, but she'll just give whatever amount of throttle is necessary to meet her "need for speed" at that moment. It's funny ... she's smart as heck and buys into all the global warming malarky, but if she's going 25 MPH and wants to go, say, 40 MPH, she doesn't ease into it like I would ... she steps on it, if you know what I mean. Saying that, I'm just fine with the 3.0 motor as far as size goes. Dumb (okay, lazy is more like it) ques: Is that a four-valve per cylinder design? VVT? DI?
    Yes to two of three questions: 4 valve/cylinder and direct injected. Not variable valve timing.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

The 3.0 LF1 is VVT, and DI. It even says on the engine cover!
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

Quote Originally Posted by cam30era View Post
    Yes to two of three questions: 4 valve/cylinder and direct injected. Not variable valve timing.
    I like that. Good. As much as I like the LS motors, as an engineer, I really prefer the so-called "high-feature" designs.

Right now, she drives an '04 Buick Rainier with the I-6 which is a four-valve-per-cylinder motor. Thing has plenty of pep, and at 128k miles, has been flawless ... absolutely flawless. Problem is, she's right at 16 MPG the way she drives (HVFT = highly variable foot timing), and the best I've gotten on a 200-mile trip at 70 MPH is right at 22 MPG. Pushing that nearly 2-1/2 tons around town and through the air is the big problem.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

I just got 9.4 L/100km (24L over 260 km) (25 US MPG) for economy on one section of my recent trip. Cruise set at 110 (weather was not good) and didn't touch it! Some rolling hills, and two large valleys, while mostly flat.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

Quote Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
    The 3.0 LF1 is VVT, and DI. It even says on the engine cover!
    Thanks for the corrected info. Appreciate that.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.