Considering a New 2011 SRX ... Please Chime In - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Considering a New 2011 SRX ... Please Chime In in Cadillac SRX Forums; Wow. Nice looking little motor. And 25 MPG (9.4l/100km) highway, too. I just know if we get one, eAssist will ...
    rand49er is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Re: Considering a New 2011 SRX ... Please Chime In

Wow. Nice looking little motor. And 25 MPG (9.4l/100km) highway, too.

I just know if we get one, eAssist will be offered in '12. That would really perk up that city number ... could possibly put it at or over 25 city. Oh, well ...
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

coolbeans is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 Black Raven/Ebony SRX AWD Performance Premium 2.8 Turbo

Howdy,

I started looking at the SRX with the 3.0, ended up with the 2.8 Turbo..the dealer had 4 SRX's, 2 with 2.8, 2 with 3.0..we ended up with the 2.8 ONLY because it was the only one that had the rear dvd entertainment system. LOL! When we went to make the deal, the wife got in the 2.8, drove the Hell out of it..(she has the heavy right foot as well)..she didnt even take a 3.0 for a test drive, so I cant help you there, but I'm sure that they are a fine running machine. We have about 1200 miles on it, the lie-o-meter says we are at 20mpg, so who knows how much better it will be at break-in. But I can tell you as far as 2.8 performance, my SRX is a quick little fellow, and a lot of fun to drive through the canyons...plus, it holds it's speed up steep inclines on the freeway real easy.

zinner is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V / 2010 SRX 2.8T

Get a Turbo 2.8 if you can afford it and find a left over 2010. As for the suspension. I had a 2006 SRX 3.6 AWD and the suspension was very soft and there was excessive body roll. The new firmer magnetic suspension is such a nice upgrade over the 2006's ride.

cvettr/cts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 Infrared CTS-V

Randy, my mom is looking at these also and I started a thread you may get alittle info from it is on page 2 now I think. she only wants awd as you may also for the winters. she drove 2, 1 luxury 1 performance both awd I did not feel any great ride difference and was happy with both. It did seem to down shift more frequently that her current old bravada but she was fine with what power it had. A couple things may help narrow down which of the 3 levels you get. 1st luxury is base level, nav is an option on the lux but xenon headlamps is not so that threw out the luxury. 2nd is the performance, xenon headlamps, fogs, and touch screen nav standard, this is the level she prefers... then 3rd the premium has everything the lower grades has but adds most importantly heated outboard rear seats, tri zone hvac instead of dual zone and ventilated driver and passenger seats. there are some smaller details but these seem to me to be the biggest difference. all 3 have parking sensors front and rear if you dont have nav the screen for backup camera it is in rear view mirror. Her friend just bought a luxury this weekend and my mom did not pull the trigger and the $1000.00 loyalty rebate ended last night she gambled they might sweeten the pot but they did not, so now she's debating to just bite the bullet and buy or wait till the incentive goes up again. They are selling good so the dealers are not to willing to discount much but there are several within 100 miles of here so they are not scarce either. There are also several 2010's left new also if that interests you but she wants an '11 with the free maintanance for 4yr 50,000 miles. If you see any incentive sweeteners let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by cvettr/cts-v View Post
    Randy, my mom is looking at these also and I started a thread you may get alittle info from it is on page 2 now I think. she only wants awd as you may also for the winters. she drove 2, 1 luxury 1 performance both awd I did not feel any great ride difference and was happy with both. It did seem to down shift more frequently that her current old bravada but she was fine with what power it had. A couple things may help narrow down which of the 3 levels you get. 1st luxury is base level, nav is an option on the lux but xenon headlamps is not so that threw out the luxury. 2nd is the performance, xenon headlamps, fogs, and touch screen nav standard, this is the level she prefers... then 3rd the premium has everything the lower grades has but adds most importantly heated outboard rear seats, tri zone hvac instead of dual zone and ventilated driver and passenger seats. there are some smaller details but these seem to me to be the biggest difference. all 3 have parking sensors front and rear if you dont have nav the screen for backup camera it is in rear view mirror. Her friend just bought a luxury this weekend and my mom did not pull the trigger and the $1000.00 loyalty rebate ended last night she gambled they might sweeten the pot but they did not, so now she's debating to just bite the bullet and buy or wait till the incentive goes up again. They are selling good so the dealers are not to willing to discount much but there are several within 100 miles of here so they are not scarce either. There are also several 2010's left new also if that interests you but she wants an '11 with the free maintanance for 4yr 50,000 miles. If you see any incentive sweeteners let me know.
    Ours has to be AWD. My wife HAS to get to work ... it is not an option. What really got her to start considering a new car again (we went thru this back in October ... ugh) is that she wants to be able to call on her cell phone and have the car start and have it heated/cooled/whatever before she walks way the heck out into the parking lot and gets into it. I guess with OnStar, that can be done. She would really like the cooled (ventilated ... whatever) seats.

I'm aware that they discontinued the 2.8 turbo, so I don't think I'd be interested in one of those. When I called to confirm my understanding of the remote start feature would work via her cell phone, the salesman told be about the expiring $1,000 loyalty thing, but I wasn't going to jump in the car right at that moment to try to take advantage of it with only a few hours left. Like you, I'll chance that there will be some other sweetener coming down the pike. Anywho, not crazy about plunking down 50 Gs, but my wife is worth every penny of it ... she works doggone hard and is otherwise quite frugal. Personally, I'll be driving it occasionally on trips so knowing that handling is better with the higher-end models would be a definite plus for them.

When it all gets said and done, the options we want (AWD, ventilated seats, 3.0 motor, remote start, NAV) may dictate which one we settle on.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Smokin' SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 Perf 3.0,AWD, 2011 Yukon Denali,(403HP), had 04 SRX

Just a quick note to the excell data above posters; only 2011+ has Onstar version 9.0. This is whats needed to use the MYONSTAR link and you must have a "smart" phone, such as Blackberry, IPhone, Android, etc. Check the ONSTAR web site for exact details.

The turbo rocks .................if $$ is a relatively minor issue :-) (Premium gas only!)

Good luck!

SS

Nancy116 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I'm also considering the SRX when my BMW lease expires in Sept. I haven't test-driven one yet, but I'm concerned about the performance of the 3.0. I definitely cannot afford the turbo. My question to those who have the 3.0 is, do you feel it has enough pickup to quickly merge into highway traffic? I remember when I had my 6-cyl. Infiniti SUV, I definitely had to wait to merge until there was a lot of room....it definitely was not the peppiest thing on the block. My BMW is, of course, a pocket rocket, so I'd be disappointed to go into an under-powered vehicle.

Other than that, I was going for every option except the rear DVD system. The 20" wheels are a MUST, so I'm hoping the ride is not too harsh....I was looking for a bit cushier ride than my 335i, which is smooth but firm and sporty.

mrl859 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 White SRX Performance/2011 Radiant Silver CTS-V Coupe

Get the Performance. Worth the extra coin.

cam30era is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX Premium FWD

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post

When it all gets said and done, the options we want (AWD, ventilated seats, 3.0 motor, remote start, NAV) may dictate which one we settle on.
    Your choice has gotten pretty simple: if you want ventilated seats then you have to get the Premium edition. All the other options you mention are included.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokin' SRX View Post
    Just a quick note to the excell data above posters; only 2011+ has Onstar version 9.0. This is whats needed to use the MYONSTAR link and you must have a "smart" phone, such as Blackberry, IPhone, Android, etc. Check the ONSTAR web site for exact details.

The turbo rocks .................if $$ is a relatively minor issue :-) (Premium gas only!)

Good luck!

SS
    Pretty sure my wife's phone will work. Nice to hear that the turbo is regarded so well. At under $1,100 additional money, maybe we will consider it afterall ... not to mention the upgraded AWD and suspension.

Quote Originally Posted by mrl859 View Post
    Get the Performance. Worth the extra coin.
    Okay, you got me thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by cam30era View Post
    Your choice has gotten pretty simple: if you want ventilated seats then you have to get the Premium edition. All the other options you mention are included.
    Yup. Seems this thread has done its job.

Thanks to all who chimed in with your likes. Not hearing any dislikes is also very encouraging. You've got me looking forward to driving it. Thanks, again.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 13 SRX AWD 3.6L Premium - Platinum Ice Metallic

There's nothing wrong with the 3.0L engine Nancy, it has more then enough power to merge, jump into traffic from a dead stop. People just think its slow because she's shorter on the torque then some engines used in this class of vehicle.

It's not like a car company would put a vehicle out there and it not be able to do proper primary abilities (such as merging timely).
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

smiley47 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Wagon Black Diamond Tri-Coat

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy116 View Post
    I'm also considering the SRX when my BMW lease expires in Sept. I haven't test-driven one yet, but I'm concerned about the performance of the 3.0. I definitely cannot afford the turbo. My question to those who have the 3.0 is, do you feel it has enough pickup to quickly merge into highway traffic? I remember when I had my 6-cyl. Infiniti SUV, I definitely had to wait to merge until there was a lot of room....it definitely was not the peppiest thing on the block. My BMW is, of course, a pocket rocket, so I'd be disappointed to go into an under-powered vehicle.

Other than that, I was going for every option except the rear DVD system. The 20" wheels are a MUST, so I'm hoping the ride is not too harsh....I was looking for a bit cushier ride than my 335i, which is smooth but firm and sporty.
    Since your purchase time frame is September, if you can hold off, I'd wait for the 2012 SRX. Not only will you get the peppier 3.6 engine but you'll also get the benefit of the 2012 model year improvements which are inevitable. There were 2010 first year glitches that were fixed on the fly but the 2011 has even more hidden improvements.

Don't worry about the ride on 20" wheels/tires. I keep mine inflated at around 34 psi and my turbo rides a lot smoother and handles better that the Lexus RX350 which it replaced. When I took my first test drive it rode like a log wagon. We checked the air and it came from the factory with 38-39 psi. We dropped them to 34 psi and it made all the difference in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by smiley47 View Post
    Since your purchase time frame is September, if you can hold off, I'd wait for the 2012 SRX. Not only will you get the peppier 3.6 engine but you'll also get the benefit of the 2012 model year improvements which are inevitable. ...
    I was reading a thread in gminsidenews.com (a place where I go a couple of times a week), and they also were talking about the 3.6L replacing the 3.0L and getting nearly the same fuel economy with much improved acceleration. There were a couple of more things one being a stability system upgrade, so even though the price will undoubtedly be higher, we're going to hold off till it's available.

You guys/gals rock. I should come over here more often. Maybe I will. Thanks!

Smokin' SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 Perf 3.0,AWD, 2011 Yukon Denali,(403HP), had 04 SRX

[QUOTE=rand49er;2513715]Pretty sure my wife's phone will work. Nice to hear that the turbo is regarded so well. At under $1,100 additional money, maybe we will consider it afterall ... not to mention the upgraded AWD and suspension.

Randy, I wasn't clear. The Onstar 9.0 (2011) enables a Smart phone (Iphone,Android, Blackberry,etc) to Remote Start, check gas/tire levels, lock/unlock, Flash headlites/horn and more, from the phone , from anywhere you can get a cell signal. I use mine to Remote Start from a restaurant/ my Mom's house, 10 minutes before I leave. (in my 2011 Yukon) Excell graphics! See : http://www.onstar.com/web/portal/mobile
    Also, I think the Turbo is about $3500 more than a standard Performance sled ? Of course they're loaded!!

Nancy, I've been in a BMW 335 with standard "Run Flat Tires". Handled incredible but rode like a brick! The SRX with 20" rims, inflated to 34 PSI (cold) will better that ride by 50%, match the handling to 85%. No where near the BMW 335's thrust in this heavy sled. But adequate. I'd say get the Turbo or wait 2012, if any way you can. TEST drive. Test Drive.......

SS

Quote Originally Posted by Smokin' SRX View Post
    Randy, I wasn't clear. The Onstar 9.0 (2011) enables a Smart phone (Iphone,Android, Blackberry,etc) to Remote Start, check gas/tire levels, lock/unlock, Flash headlites/horn and more, from the phone , from anywhere you can get a cell signal. I use mine to Remote Start from a restaurant/ my Mom's house, 10 minutes before I leave. (in my 2011 Yukon) Excell graphics! See : http://www.onstar.com/web/portal/mobile
    Also, I think the Turbo is about $3500 more than a standard Performance sled ? Of course they're loaded!! ...
    Well, if I had any question about the remote start, that helps a bunch. Guess I didn't realize it did all that stuff. That's even better!

I asked my wife today if she could wait till the 2012s were out, and she said, "yes."

"$3,500 more?" Pssshh ... I'll bet the '12s with the 3.6L will be all of that. Ha ha! (Not to jack my own thread, but I've got my eyes on the new ATS-V for 2013. Might have a twin-turbo 3.6L. Now, THAT would rock!)

Thanks, Smokin' !!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.