iphone 4 questions
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, iphone 4 questions in Cadillac SRX Forums; I am very close to purchasing a 2010 Cadillac SRX Luxury with Navigation. Certainly, I would love the Premium, or ...
    Kuya is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Luxury, Black Raven with Nav

iphone 4 questions

I am very close to purchasing a 2010 Cadillac SRX Luxury with Navigation. Certainly, I would love the Premium, or a 2011 but the 2010 Lux with Nav falls nicely in my price range.

I have spent most of the morning reading this forum, specifically on the iphone 4 issues. I am concerned, and confused lol.

1) I understand that the phone system connects via bluetooth. Can the SRX play from your iphone 4 playlist over Bluetooth as well? (I think the infiniti fx35 can do this). Or do you have to connect your iphone directly. If so, how do you do that? Do you need a usb?

2) Is it true that if you want to access your music playlists, that the iphone 4 must be in "airplane mode"? Thus, not having access to use the phone as a phone at all?

3) Is it true that the 2010 SRX can not access your phone book/contact info? But the 2011 SRX can?

4) Have they issued any software updates for the nav that resolve some/all of these issues, if in fact, they are issues?

Thanks to anyone who can help me clarify. I will be making my purchase decision within 2 weeks. I really love the SRX, and how much more room it has in the back seats (compared to the FX35) . . but I LIVE with my iphone and I do wish for something that allows me to use my phone via bluetooth, and plays my music from my iphone flawlessly.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

cam30era is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX Premium FWD

Re: iphone 4 questions

Quote Originally Posted by Kuya View Post
    3) Is it true that the 2010 SRX can not access your phone book/contact info? But the 2011 SRX can?
    3) Yes, it is true. I have a 2011 SRX and I can access my phone book/contact info. This feature was not available on the 2010.

Thanks cam30era!

Too sad, if they have not offered a software update for 2010. I would imagine it's still the same hardware/system.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuya View Post
    Thanks cam30era!

Too sad, if they have not offered a software update for 2010. I would imagine it's still the same hardware/system.
    Yes, it is a hardware/system change. Can't upgrade a 2010.

etexlady is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 Luxury SRX Crystal Red Tintcoat

Quote Originally Posted by cam30era View Post
    3) Yes, it is true. I have a 2011 SRX and I can access my phone book/contact info. This feature was not available on the 2010.
    I have a 2011. How do you access the contacts? Does a list show on the nav screen?

Quote Originally Posted by etexlady View Post
    I have a 2011. How do you access the contacts? Does a list show on the nav screen?
    After you have paired your phone via Bluetooth, press the "phone" hard button, just below and to the right of the nav screen. You will see your phone book as one of the choices on the nav screen.

Penndon44 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 srx

I am a bit confused can the I phone 4 playlist play on the 2010 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by Penndon44 View Post
    I am a bit confused can the I phone 4 playlist play on the 2010 SRX
    Yes. I access my playlists in my 2010srx all the time from my iPhone 4. However you can not import your phone contact lists. Instead you must manually add each phone contact to your SRX phone database.

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

This is for the 2010 model that doesn't allow downloading the phone's contact list...

I'm not sure if the iPhone 4 has bluetooth pass through capabilities or not, but if it does, then you can use that to give commands to the phone via bluetooth and save yourself having to input all those contacts. Android phones with FroYo or later can do this. It's documented in the manual.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.