How do you change the interior front dome bulbs in a 2010 SRX?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, How do you change the interior front dome bulbs in a 2010 SRX? in Cadillac SRX Forums; Help!!! Im digging the Captains SRX and everyones pictures. I want to order the white bulbs for interior but cannot ...
    Gormerica is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Luxury

How do you change the interior front dome bulbs in a 2010 SRX?

Help!!! Im digging the Captains SRX and everyones pictures.

I want to order the white bulbs for interior but cannot figure out how to change them ? I dont want to pry down the console ?

Basically how do you get to the bulbs?

THX!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Smokin' SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 Perf 3.0,AWD, 2011 Yukon Denali,(403HP), had 04 SRX

Re: How do you change the interior front dome bulbs in a 2010 SRX?

The clear plastic covers/lens pry off. gently! I use a sharp blade screwdriver or my pocket knife. Grab the bulb within........

SS

THANK YOU SmokinSRX!!!! This worked perfect!!! YOU DA MAN!! Ordered all new bulbs on v-leds per TheCaptains pictures and posts. (Thank you! and Thx Captain!)

kw5829998 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium AWD

Quote Originally Posted by Smokin' SRX View Post
    The clear plastic covers/lens pry off. gently! I use a sharp blade screwdriver or my pocket knife. Grab the bulb within........

SS
    I'm trying to figure out the same thing. Got the cover/lens off but do I just grab the bulb and pull it straight out? I tried gently as it's a small bulb and hard to grip. Tried wiggling it too just they seem to be in there pretty good.

What about the rear passenger lights? How do you get the cover off? One side is the push in and the other side is the light part. Which side do you start to pry off? Worried about breaking it!!!

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

If you check out my SRXMods thread, i have pics of the plastic covers, which essentially shows you how to pull them out.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

Smokin' SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 Perf 3.0,AWD, 2011 Yukon Denali,(403HP), had 04 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by kw5829998 View Post
    I'm trying to figure out the same thing. Got the cover/lens off but do I just grab the bulb and pull it straight out? I tried gently as it's a small bulb and hard to grip. Tried wiggling it too just they seem to be in there pretty good.

What about the rear passenger lights? How do you get the cover off? One side is the push in and the other side is the light part. Which side do you start to pry off? Worried about breaking it!!!
    I just pulled/wiggled the bulbs out. Yes, tight fit. Take a look with a flashlite at the bulbs, with dome lights off, for a good idea of angle/position to pull on it. In rear I haven't looked at in a while (still stock bulbs in mine) but I don't recall any problem opening them from either end......slowly. Maybe I got lucky? If immovable, of course, go to other end. Go slow, you'll be OK.

The Capts pix/thread are very good! See here:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...pic-heavy.html

Thanks Smokin' SRX for an informative post.
    Yes I've seen the pictures many times but it didn't answer my questions - hence my post.

See this pic? It is the rear push cover for the light. The one stick end is the push end which you pry out first. The end with the two grabbers has to slide/yank out after the front is out, hence why it has the little square thingy's on the back of it.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

OK, thanks.

2011_SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by kw5829998 View Post
    I used monofilament fishing line to remove the bulbs. I tied a hangman's loop and pushed it over the bulb as far back as it would go (to the flat part of the bulb). Apply steady pressure on the monofilament and the bulb will pop out. I advise pulling steady and not tugging because you may break something. I tried several bulb removers first and could not grip the bulbs in the over head console and rear lamps over the doors.

Good idea
    I'll do the same.

THANKS AGAIN CAPTAIN, got my lights from vleds.com yesterday, got the dome lights installed easy while I was sitting in the car with the doors closed, however how do you change the lights under the dash I have to have the door open to do this and the lights are on, and VERY VERY HOT. Did you either remove a battery cable or remove a fuse to change the rest of the bulbs so they are NOT on or how did u do it?????

THX!!!!!

Gloves buddy, little hand gloves, like mechanix gloves. Let the doors close and cool the light. Have the cover off so you're ready to rip the light out.
    Then once the doors have been closed for awhile, fling the doors open and quickly rip out as many incandescent's as you can. (foot well, and door spot lights)

jpcork40 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX4 Performance

Next question: I pushed to hard changing the front overhead bulbs which pushed the socket up and away from the overhead console. How do I drop the console down (or get to this area easily)so I can snap the socket into whatever was holding it?

Small screwdriver, and lightly flex and pull the centre overhead console down. Everything is held in by clips, but i missed a picture of this when it was out...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.