How do you change the interior front dome bulbs in a 2010 SRX? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, How do you change the interior front dome bulbs in a 2010 SRX? in Cadillac SRX Forums; I will give it a try when my wife is not around, it's her car................
    jpcork40 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX4 Performance

Re: How do you change the interior front dome bulbs in a 2010 SRX?

I will give it a try when my wife is not around, it's her car.............

LouieG is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX

I have a 2010 SRX AWD. The front map lights work, however, the courtesy lights on the same don't work. All other courtesy lights work. I had a problem with water leaking into cabin. My Cadillsc dealer fixed ( they said drain holes from moon roof were plugged) After, I noticed that visor vanity mirror lights were inop. Took back to dealer for fix with wiring or wiring harness. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by LouieG View Post
    I have a 2010 SRX AWD. The front map lights work, however, the courtesy lights on the same don't work. All other courtesy lights work. I had a problem with water leaking into cabin. My Cadillsc dealer fixed ( they said drain holes from moon roof were plugged) After, I noticed that visor vanity mirror lights were inop. Took back to dealer for fix with wiring or wiring harness. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!
    Hello LouieG,

Are you going to contact your dealer for your current courtesy light issue? If you would like assistance throughout this process, please let me know. I can be contacted via private message.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

'12CTSman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 SRX AWD Premium

On the overhead console in the middle there is a rocker switch to control the interior lights. Press in at top to turn lights off. Press at bottom to turn lights for constant on. The middle position is for lights to come on with door opening. You can also leave a door or the liftgate open and all interior lights will go off in 10 minutes. My '13 Premium has LEDs under the dash along with the OEM courtesy lights and under the rear seats there are LEDs. I also have LED lighted front door sills. I am still in the process of changing all the OEM to LEDs. TheCaptain's pics and instructions are priceless.

LouieG is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Hello LouieG,

Are you going to contact your dealer for your current courtesy light issue? If you would like assistance throughout this process, please let me know. I can be contacted via private message.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    Laura,
    Thank you!
    Yes, I would appreciate your help. How do I communicate with you. Dealer is LaFontaine in Highland, MI. I presently own two Cadillacs and have owned many morein the past!

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by LouieG View Post
    Laura,
    Thank you!
    Yes, I would appreciate your help. How do I communicate with you. Dealer is LaFontaine in Highland, MI. I presently own two Cadillacs and have owned many morein the past!
    Hello LouieG,

Thank you for your continued patronage of our products! You can click on our name and there should be an option to private message us. I think there is a certain number of posts you must make before you can private message though. If you are unable to private message us, you can also reach out to us at socialmedia@gm.com. Just be sure to include “ATTN LAURA” in the subject line so that it gets delivered straight to her. We hope to hear from you soon!

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

adamjeeps is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD

You can take a small flat blade screwdriver (eyeglass size) and push on the back of the bulbs to remove them. There is just enough room to pry them out this way. And it makes it much easier to turn off the lights on the roof console switch so the lights are not too hot. Use a flashlight to see what you are working on, if needed. You will be seeing spots if you stare at the stock and led replacement bulbs for too long! Make sure to test them before putting it all back, especially the front foot-well lights, that takes some contortionist qualities.

In my opinion, a new Cadillac should have led interior bulbs as standard equipment!

Another tip for the lights behind the rear door grab handles if you can't remove the lens covers: Flip off all your lights at the main overhead switch. Remove the handles by popping off the bolt covers and each bolt. Pull out the handles, they are stuck in there with tabs, just pull straight out while jiggling a little. Now, you can pull down the light assembly. From the backside, take your small flat blade and push the lens cover tabs down and out. They will come out about 3/4 of the way. Then, work the cover off by pulling and rotating it down from the front side. The lights can now be removed. I used needle-nose pliers to grip them and pull straight out. Now, push the button on the light and make sure your new led works before reassembling everything!

ccclarke is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V, 2004 XLR

A quick and easy way to safely remove the 194 wedge tail bulbs is to place a slightly oversized piece of heat shrink over them, heat it up and gently pull the bulb out. It's a lot less risky than using needle nose pliers (especially when if the bulb breaks and you're left with a mess to extract from the socket.)

CC

That is a good tip. I was really careful not to squeeze too hard, but with my luck I'm surprised I didn't break one.

Finally got all the interior, vanity, license plate, and puddle courtesy lamp bulbs changed over. It's pretty cool they are all the same 194 bulb, compared to the MKT that is 3 different bulbs for the dome, license plate, and cargo areas, and possibly a fourth for the puddle lamps in the exterior mirrors. Still need to buy those!

fgauer is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX

Just replaced my map and dome lights with blue LEDs this afternoon. Thanks for all the tips on this forum thread. The new lights look FANTASTIC!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.