Backup Camera Quality
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Backup Camera Quality in Cadillac SRX Forums; I just turned in my GMC Acadia and picked up an SRX. I have noticed that the rear view camera ...
    dkmiller3356 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 20ll Luxery Ed. SRX, Black w/Shale Interior & Nav Package

Question Backup Camera Quality

I just turned in my GMC Acadia and picked up an SRX. I have noticed that the rear view camera (with Nav screen) is basically black and white and grainy. It looks like the night vision view on the Acadia as opposed to a nice, crisp color rendering that I used to get in daytime.

What does your view look like in daytime? Is it clear and colorful or b/w and grainy?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Marc NY is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

Re: Backup Camera Quality

I had an 2008 Buick Enclave with a very similar "colorful" rear view camera. My SRX is somewhat grainier and appears slightly washed out when it sees brighter areas (snow and or wet rainy areas) or bright lights. I believe the SRX's rear camera settings must be tweaked or set to a slightly higher "sensitivity" setting by GM's Navagation vendor.

I was going to ask the dealer to tweak down the sensitivity to help reduce the grain effect and to get better color saturation and have a better and more accurate exposure.

Thanks. It sounds like we have the exact same issue and I am glad to know its not just not me. I can't imagine why they wouldn't just use the camera and settings from the Enclave/Acadia. It was picture perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by dkmiller3356 View Post
    Thanks. It sounds like we have the exact same issue and I am glad to know its not just not me. I can't imagine why they wouldn't just use the camera and settings from the Enclave/Acadia. It was picture perfect.
    I was told that GM's uses 3 different Navigation Vendors and the one that was used on the Enclave & Acadia was a different vendor than the one on our SRX.

That might account for the difference in the camera's sensitivity settings. You might have also noticed that the rear camera has a slightly wider angle of view than our old GM vehicles.

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Quote Originally Posted by Marc NY View Post
    I was told that GM's uses 3 different Navigation Vendors and the one that was used on the Enclave & Acadia was a different vendor than the one on our SRX.

That might account for the difference in the camera's sensitivity settings.
    So why would a CADILLAC get the short end of the stick? Isn't that the flagship brand of GM?

You might have also noticed that the rear camera has a slightly wider angle of view than our old GM vehicles.

So stupid not to do a better job of quality control on something like that. Yes, I noticed the wider angle.

Quote Originally Posted by stevec5375 View Post
    So why would a CADILLAC get the short end of the stick? Isn't that the flagship brand of GM?
    Steve don't get so bent out of shape!

FYI: GM's Navigation on the SRX Nav. screen is much better looking and has more features on it i.e. 3D buildings - than the one I had on the 08 Enclave! The camera's setting is what needs to be tweaked!

FYI: GM's Navigation on the SRX Nav. screen is much better looking and has more features on it i.e. 3D buildings - than the one I had on the 08 Enclave! The camera's setting is what needs to be tweaked!
    Fair enough. Hopefully my dealer can work on this.

Fair enough. Hopefully my dealer can work on this.

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Steve don't get so bent out of shape!

Just give it a rest. I'm not bent out of shape. When did you become a mind reader?

Quote Originally Posted by stevec5375 View Post
    Just give it a rest. I'm not bent out of shape. When did you become a mind reader?
    Steve one doesn't have to be a mind reader... I have witnessed your negativity towards GM/ SRX etc over the last few months ... you seem to want to see the glass as always half empty and not half full. You have blasted GM many times before and you even told me that I miss read your comments so I said OK to your reply. But here again you take cheap shots at GM whenever you can. No car or car company needs someone who constantly gives negative feedback. Using "constructive" criticism works much better than a lot of negative jabs. Yes, I work for GM for 40 years now and I know how hard they work to make a world class car! If you read my replies I do criticize GM for things I believe to be bad or wrong and stand up for things that I believe are right or good too.

FYI: I am an site Administrator on another website so believe me I can spot good from bad dialog when I see it. Certainly you can critiize... but please do so without being so brash with your negative comments ...

Steve you have made some very valid points in your PM to me. I will try to reply back to you when I have some extra time to write about your thoughts and comments. Going away tomorrow for a few days for some meetings so I hope to give you my thoughts on your comments during my time away that is if I can get on a computer to write.

Marc

sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD

I've noticed this from day one. The image is washed out, grainy, not sharply focused with poor color saturation. This is even more evident when compared to back-up cameras on other cars. It's almost like no one bothered to test the system before production. I complained about this to the dealer and asked if there was a way to calibrate the camera or tweak the settings on the LCD. I was told "no". If it turns out that there is, somebody please let me know.

I too believe in constructive criticism. I call them as I see them. I point out the things that GM gets right, but I'm certainly not going to hold back on the things they get wrong. I tell it like it is, be it positive or negative.

Sube
    dallyalley likes this.

2010sled is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2010 PREMIUM AWD SRX

my cameraa worrks prefecctt

Quote Originally Posted by 2010sled View Post
    my cameraa worrks prefecctt
    I wonder why some of ud have good cameras and others do not. Is there a way to get in touch with GM about this?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.