Backup Camera Quality - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Backup Camera Quality in Cadillac SRX Forums; Originally Posted by mrl859 We may all have the same image, but some of us are disatisfied with it and ...
    cam30era is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX Premium FWD

Re: Backup Camera Quality

Quote Originally Posted by mrl859 View Post
    We may all have the same image, but some of us are disatisfied with it and others are ok with it?
    I believe that the backup camera performance is pretty consistent, from vehicle to vehicle. I suspect that the differences are related to owner's expectations.

dkmiller3356 is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 20ll Luxery Ed. SRX, Black w/Shale Interior & Nav Package

I called my dealer, he said he'd call me back. I am going to vigorously pursue this as I feel it is both poor quality and a possible safety issue. I will keep you informed.

By the way - this is my second GM car (Acadia before my SRX) and I love it so I'm not some crazy GM basher.

mrl859 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 White SRX Performance/2011 Radiant Silver CTS-V Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by cam30era View Post
    I believe that the backup camera performance is pretty consistent, from vehicle to vehicle. I suspect that the differences are related to owner's expectations.
    ^^^Yeah. What he said.

jcarlilesiu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Ice SRX4 Luxury Collection +Nav +RSE - 35,000M

My SRX is parked on the street in chicago every day. I parallel park it when ever coming or going. I must say, the camera is a godsend.

I hear everybodies complaint about the grainy and washed out nature, but to be honest... does it matter? It isn't like we are watching TV programs on it. It is there to serve the purpose of aiding parking and manuvering in tight spaces. For that purpose, it performs perfectly.

I suppose I see it as a tool which works perfectly for its intended purpose. The color of the trees and flowers around the back bumper don't really affect ones ability to manuver. Right?

Just my .02
    Bejay and Bejay like this.

It's a fair position but once you've driven a vehicle with a crisper image its hard to go back. There are also some reasonable safety concerns with such a poor pixelated image.

Ponyman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium, Radiant Silver

Everyone needs to get a life. I agree with J, it performs it's function very well. Can you really say that the video image is so bad that you couldn't tell that there is a car, kid on a tricycle, or a person walking behind you? Just because you bought what you percieve to be a very expensice car, and it really isn't, ther is no need to nitpick it to death. I wish it got 100 mpg, and rode on a could of air, but get real. It's a car and compromises have to be made in it's manufacture or else it would cost 200 hundred thousand dollars.

jcarlilesiu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Ice SRX4 Luxury Collection +Nav +RSE - 35,000M

Quote Originally Posted by dkmiller3356 View Post
    It's a fair position but once you've driven a vehicle with a crisper image its hard to go back. There are also some reasonable safety concerns with such a poor pixelated image.
    Well if its pixelated, then that is a whole different issue. Mine is pretty much black and white, but crisp and clear (so long as the lens is fairly clean).

It washes out from bright lights once in awhile, and I can't tell what color things are, but I have absolutely no problem telling what is what in the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponyman View Post
    Everyone needs to get a life. I agree with J, it performs it's function very well. Can you really say that the video image is so bad that you couldn't tell that there is a car, kid on a tricycle, or a person walking behind you? Just because you bought what you percieve to be a very expensice car, and it really isn't, ther is no need to nitpick it to death. I wish it got 100 mpg, and rode on a could of air, but get real. It's a car and compromises have to be made in it's manufacture or else it would cost 200 hundred thousand dollars.
    I need to get a life??? That's a pretty immature response. I raise one issue of concern to get feedback from others and you respond like I shot your horse. The purpose of a board like this is to discuss. I raised an issue. That is all. It is not "nit picking." If you are so emotionally tied to your car that you cannot stomach healthy discussion perhaps it is you who needs to get a life.

Smokin' SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 Perf 3.0,AWD, 2011 Yukon Denali,(403HP), had 04 SRX

Steve, you're OK with me, so I'm only gonna say this once........you do use a lot of "pepper" in your posts. And that's your priv, but don't deny it now!! LOL (So I know you can take it too!)

I'm a Security Contractor and we do lotsa cameras! I'm gonna do a search and report on our cams. ALL cams have "gain"/ saturation/focus/backlight adjustments. I have to see if they are in the Nav deck or maybe closer to the cam. Will report........

SS

The get a life comment was directed at everyone in general, not you specifically dk. If you took it too personally I apologize, but it must have hit close to home. I am not that in love with my vehicle. It is a car and it does most of the things that it is supposed to very well. My problem comes with the vast number of complainers on this board that think their car should do things one way, when it is doing what it was designed to do. Those who have REAL mechanical issues with their vehicles have my sympathy and hopes for a speedy resolution. Did you test drive the vehicle for more than five minutes before you bought it? I always insist on long, extended, and if possible overnight test drives. If something escapes me during this time, and the car is performing as designed, then it is MY fault if I don't like it. As for the immature remark, I think that is like the pot calling the kettle black.

Smokin' SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 Perf 3.0,AWD, 2011 Yukon Denali,(403HP), had 04 SRX

WOW.....so much "pepper" today here. We're all decent folks here, so I guess we don't realize we're coming on a bit heavy . Sorry Steve if my above stepped on your toes. Unintended but honest.

Gonna come back tomorrow. Goodnite.

SS

Quote Originally Posted by Ponyman View Post
    The get a life comment was directed at everyone in general, not you specifically dk. If you took it too personally I apologize, but it must have hit close to home. I am not that in love with my vehicle. It is a car and it does most of the things that it is supposed to very well. My problem comes with the vast number of complainers on this board that think their car should do things one way, when it is doing what it was designed to do. Those who have REAL mechanical issues with their vehicles have my sympathy and hopes for a speedy resolution. Did you test drive the vehicle for more than five minutes before you bought it? I always insist on long, extended, and if possible overnight test drives. If something escapes me during this time, and the car is performing as designed, then it is MY fault if I don't like it. As for the immature remark, I think that is like the pot calling the kettle black.
    1. I took it personally because I started the thread, thus the comment was, IMO, directed at me. By the way, there seemed to be a lot of interest in the discussion.

2. Yes, my test drive was somewhat cursory and it wouldn't have mattered. I would have gotten the care regardless - I do love it.

3. I still think the "get a life" comment was unwarranted but I do apologize for overreacting to it. Bad day at work that morning... sorry.

4. I still think the camera issue should be addressed by GM. I spoke to my dealer and he pretty much told me "that's the way it is." If there is enough attention raised by owners they will do something. If we say nothing they'll do nothing. Manufacturers regularly perform recalls on items like this.

Ok, now maybe we can agree on something. If enough people do complain to GM, then maybe they will change it. I personally dislike the way the key fobs are set up. The old #1 and#2 were a much better system, and I have expressed this to GM.

Hockeytown 1340 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 10 SRX Performance Crystal Red Tintcoat & 11 Avalanche LTZ

I agree with the washed out or fuzzy picture in my SRX backup screen. My 2011 Avalanche backup camera screen is so clear it almost looks as if it's in High Def, all be it a 3 inch screen on my review mirror! I was recently in an Accura with backup camera and the image on the screen was very clear and crisp looking.

Nice to hear about the Avalanche screen. My 07 doesn't have the backup camera. Planning on purchasing a 12 Avalanche since the rumor is it will be the last year for it. This one will have a backup camera in it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.