No Rain Sense for 2011 GM vehicles except some SRX's
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, No Rain Sense for 2011 GM vehicles except some SRX's in Cadillac SRX Forums; I was recently told that GM had eliminated the Rain Sense wiper feature on all 2011 models except the SRX ...
    smiley47 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Wagon Black Diamond Tri-Coat

No Rain Sense for 2011 GM vehicles except some SRX's

I was recently told that GM had eliminated the Rain Sense wiper feature on all 2011 models except the SRX (all but the base model) and that it will likely be totally eliminated for 2012. I went to the Caddy and GMC "Build Your Own" websites and sure enough, only intermittent wipers are available. Can you imagine spending $70K for an Escalade and not having Rain Sense? I think it's a great convenience and mine has worked flawlessly. It seems like a p*ss poor management decision to save a few bucks. It would be one thing if we never had it but to delete it seems ludicrous.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

digital1021 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe (Auto)

Re: No Rain Sense for 2011 GM vehicles except some SRX's

While I can't speak for the SRX, both the CTS and Escalade lost the Rain-sense wipers after the 2009 model year. The change was do to losing the supplier. The Rain-sense wipers were continued in the DTS, STS, and SRX. I would assume that, since the STS and DTS are gone after the 2011 model year, it would leave the SRX as the only Cadillac that comes equipped with Rain-sense wipers until the next generation CTS, ATS, XTS, and so on come to market. If Cadillac was going to remove Rain-sense entirely from there products, they would most likely not debuted in the 2010 SRX. I could be wrong... but this is my understanding....

~ Matt

maeng9981 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 SRX, 12 Sierra, 00 SLS, 99 Deville 50-year Anniversary

I loved the rain-sense windshield wipers on my Cadillacs, they worked great and they never gave me any trouble using while it rains/snows. I want it for my another future Cadillac.....

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

You know, looking forward to using this feature... i actually have it off way more then i have it on. Well, at least until it rains. Then i turn it on.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

jcarlilesiu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Ice SRX4 Luxury Collection +Nav +RSE - 35,000M

Maybe I am the only one that has issues.

I have found the rain sense wipers to not always work well.

Sometimes, when its lightly snowing or misting, the wipers never turn on. I have tested it, drove around almost unable to see out of the car, and they never activitated. I had to touch the dial on the stalk and twist it to get them to go.

Then other times, there is barely anything on the windshield and they go over and over.

We took a trip down to florida from chicago last year. Bright sunny day, sensativity set to about mid-level. All of the sudden, they wipe once. Me and the wife were like WTF, and found it funny.

I pawned it off as a technology that wasn't perfect. Am I the only one that has these issues?

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Quote Originally Posted by jcarlilesiu View Post
    Maybe I am the only one that has issues.

I have found the rain sense wipers to not always work well.

Sometimes, when its lightly snowing or misting, the wipers never turn on. I have tested it, drove around almost unable to see out of the car, and they never activitated. I had to touch the dial on the stalk and twist it to get them to go.

Then other times, there is barely anything on the windshield and they go over and over.

We took a trip down to florida from chicago last year. Bright sunny day, sensativity set to about mid-level. All of the sudden, they wipe once. Me and the wife were like WTF, and found it funny.

I pawned it off as a technology that wasn't perfect. Am I the only one that has these issues?
    I think the sensor is in the area of the mirror mount that covers the windshield. It could have been a bug going splat on that area and you would not be able to see it.

maeng9981 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 SRX, 12 Sierra, 00 SLS, 99 Deville 50-year Anniversary

Rainsense might get triggered by bugs or flying road debris like mentioned, and I think you are supposed to turn rainsense off when it is not rainy. Don't the headlights always come on when the rainsense is activated?

sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD

Quote Originally Posted by maeng9981 View Post
    Rainsense might get triggered by bugs or flying road debris like mentioned, and I think you are supposed to turn rainsense off when it is not rainy. Don't the headlights always come on when the rainsense is activated?
    This is the reason I keep it turned off unless it's raining. Any moisture striking the windshield could activate it. E.g. Going under an overpass that's dripping rain from the previous day. If it wipes when the windshield is dry and there's some grit on it, the windshield could be scratched.

Headlights turn on when wipers are on in any mode. This is law in many states. It's a good design that may even save you a ticket.

Sube

SomeGuyNamedJay is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX

I have this feature on my 2003 BMW 3 series and it works very well nearly 100% of the time when it is rainy or snowy. It NEVER turns on when there is no water on the windshield.

I am reading here that their is ONE vendor??? How did they lose them?

It is such a nice feature. Bring it back.

Smokin' SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 Perf 3.0,AWD, 2011 Yukon Denali,(403HP), had 04 SRX

Venders go out of business all the time, in industry. GM lost the Heated Windshield Washers 2 years ago when the vender folded, after a Recall said that it could cause an under- hood fire. We loved ours!Supplier went bankrupt.

Another reason is folks NOT buying domestic cars, sales dropping across the board and smaller, niche suppliers go belly up. Hint, hint.

Sorry Jay, couldn't resist feeding my pet -peeve........ it's a beast! LOL No flame, please!

SS

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Quote Originally Posted by Smokin' SRX View Post
    Venders go out of business all the time, in industry. GM lost the Heated Windshield Washers 2 years ago when the vender folded, after a Recall said that it could cause an under- hood fire. We loved ours!Supplier went bankrupt.

Another reason is folks NOT buying domestic cars, sales dropping across the board and smaller, niche suppliers go belly up. Hint, hint.

Sorry Jay, couldn't resist feeding my pet -peeve........ it's a beast! LOL No flame, please!

SS

Why do you think people aren't buying domestic cars?

PJ1520 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX4 N*, 2004 Infinity G35 Coupe

SMOKIN.........I think you may have that wrong. The January 2011 domestic manufacturer car sales were strong year over year (versus 1/2010) and followed a strong December to boot. Ford and GM led the pack accompanied by healthy gross profit margins. What surprised me is that the particularly poor January weather much of the country experienced should have muted the numbers. I seem to recall Ford expected an 18% increase year over year.........now I need to go back and check what I have posted off the top of my head. I'll be back.

PJ

rsm540 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS 3.6 Premium, Thunder Grey

Curiously, the build sheet for my '11 CTS (delivered 2/11/11) states that "rainsense windshield wipers" were included as part of option code Y40.

vasya100 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 11 CTS 3.6 AWD, 08 CTS 2.8 RWD

Unhappy Re: No Rain Sense for 2011 GM vehicles except some SRX's

i've just bought a 11 CTS 3,6 AWD here in Moscow, Russia and was VERY surprised that there is no rain sense wipers. Funny, that the specification attached to my purchase agreement with the dealer says that they are included. That is a real issue, I really liked how the rainsense worked on my 08 CTS. We have rain/snow 6 months a year. Does anyone know if I can detach it from 08 CTS and install on 11 CTS? I haven't sold my 08 car yet and will take it off if it will work on the new one. Thanks for help!!!

300:29:1 is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury w/NAV

Quote Originally Posted by Smokin' SRX View Post

SS
    BMW has heated washers front and rear (where applicable) for many years. They work well and are nice to have in cold climates. I can't figure out why GM can't match this on high end vehicles. As to the rain sense, how does BMW maintain them across the line, while GM is on and off? Makes no sense.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.