DIY for adding the factory fog light accessory kit. - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, DIY for adding the factory fog light accessory kit. in Cadillac SRX Forums; This I would have done but the dealership said they had not done it before and after I asked them ...
    westham is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Luxury

Re: DIY for adding the factory fog light accessory kit.

This I would have done but the dealership said they had not done it before and after I asked them for an estimate they said they could not give me a price as they did not want to do it and suggested I took my car and GM Fog Light Kit elsewhere which I did. The daytime running light is now visible again so I will return to the installer and see what if anything there is wrong with the wireing.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: DIY for adding the factory fog light accessory kit.

Quote Originally Posted by westham View Post
    Just to continue this, I had the fogs installed with a hid conversion with both the fogs and the running lights\low beams, the hid running lights/low beams work well, I now had to go to the dealer and have the fogs calibrated/programmed with the tec on the phone getting instructions from Gm, the dealer had no idea what I was talking about so I faxed him the installation instructions I had printed from this forum (thanks to the poster) eventually the dealer said they had never done this but would give it a go.
    Apparently They needed a code which should have come with the GM light kit, as no code had been in the kit the tec used the code from a set they had in stock, all was well or so we thought, the switch worked as the tell tale was on with the dash along with the daytime running lights as the car was running, however the fogs did not light, the tec showed me his computer which indicated everything his side was good and he figures the problem was with the wiring, I paid the dealership $123.00 (the hourly rate)
    I contacted the installer who put the fogs in and he said he very much doubted it was the problem but he would take a look, when I left the dealership I noticed my regular daytime running light dash telltale (the lights are always on auto) did not light as normal but it did light along with the fog dash telltale when the fog switch button was pressed. Has anyone got any ideas before I get caught in between the installer and the dealer blaming each other and I never see these fogs work? I just have a gut feeling that it is the dealership that has the problem as they originally said they did not want to install the kit and then had no knowledge of programming the fogs and have never done it before.
    All advice greatly accepted.
    Hello westham,

I am sorry for the trouble it seems you are going through with the dealer and installing the fog lights. If you would like to further discuss this with me, please let me know and reach out via private message.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.