New wipers for 2010 SRX
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, New wipers for 2010 SRX in Cadillac SRX Forums; Has anyone bought new wipers for their SRX? Do you have to buy them from the dealer or can you ...
    cadigirlchicago2 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Luxury

New wipers for 2010 SRX

Has anyone bought new wipers for their SRX? Do you have to buy them from the dealer or can you buy them anywhere? If you know of a model # and a site to buy them please post - mine was smearing and I'm sure the dealer will charge me top dollar for something I can probably switch out myself.

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

GMJim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04,06,10 SRX; 2011/14 CTS Wagon

Re: New wipers for 2010 SRX

cadigirlchicago2 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Thanks! Sorry for the duplicate post, having a case of the "tuesdays!"

2010sled is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2010 PREMIUM AWD SRX

just remember the srx has a new mount,regular mount won't work

jeff618 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade

Thumbs up Re: New wipers for 2010 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by cadigirlchicago2 View Post
    Has anyone bought new wipers for their SRX? Do you have to buy them from the dealer or can you buy them anywhere? If you know of a model # and a site to buy them please post - mine was smearing and I'm sure the dealer will charge me top dollar for something I can probably switch out myself.

Thanks!
    Try to go with wiper blade replacements that don't require cheesy, plastic adapters. The trico neoform beam blade comes in a version that is specially designed for the caddy srx "push button" wiper arm mount. Its direct connect with no adapters. Quiet, smooth, wipes-clean and fair price.

38Robert is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I shopped in Walmart, but only one vendor makes wiper blades for 2010 SRX and that is Bosch. I couldn't find anything in the book from RainX, Michelin, or others.

allgm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX FWD Gray Flannel / Ebony Premium 3.0 Chrome Techs

I bought ANCO CONTOUR C-17-OE & C-26-OE same as OEM
    Quote Originally Posted by 38Robert View Post
    I shopped in Walmart, but only one vendor makes wiper blades for 2010 SRX and that is Bosch. I couldn't find anything in the book from RainX, Michelin, or others.

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

After trying several brands of wipers, I just got a pair of Bosch for the front windshield. They don't make any noise and do a great job of clearing the windshield.

btk301 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): srx

The service adviser at Cadillac said the factory blades are "weighted" as to to not skip....Dealer BS or true???? Who's to say? They want $69.00 for the set. One would think that would me covered under maintenance but, not so much...

ronpasquale is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance

I have a 2012 Performance model that still had the original blades on that were starting to streak. I bought a pair of Mighty brand blades from a service shop about 5 months ago when I was getting an alignment. I have to say that they are the best wiper blades I have ever used in terms of quietness and wipe quality. The pair installed were under $30 total. Now I need to find something as good for the rear window blade.

Quote Originally Posted by btk301 View Post
    The service adviser at Cadillac said the factory blades are "weighted" as to to not skip....Dealer BS or true???? Who's to say? They want $69.00 for the set. One would think that would me covered under maintenance but, not so much...
    I wouldn't waste my money on the dealer's blades. Get the Bosch at PEP Boys (or whoever carries them in your area). I had problems with noises on my previous blades (even the dealers) and these just work fantastic. I'm curious to see how long they last with our brutal summers.

TRARON is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium - Gold Mist

Just replaced mine for the first time last week. I searched at several Auto Parts stores and did not like what I saw as they were not of the same design as the factory blades.

Bought these at Rock Auto Parts www.RockAuto.com :
    TRICO 2615B
    TRICO 1715B
    Arrived in a few days and are a perfect fit. I highly recommend them.

ngrigoriev is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX Premium

I liked Bosch Icon very much on my previous car. I have just checked - they do not seem to offer Icon (or Evolution) for SRX. Hopefully they will change their mind soon...

jeff618 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by 38Robert View Post
    I just punched in the 2010 SRX and you do have options besides Bosch for the special push button arms. They have both direct connect options (no adapters) and options with adapter systems. They have all of the current generation listed (2010-2014), however here is your exact vehicle: https://www.wipers123.com/product_di...X&modelhid=SRX

My Bosch blades had adapters but you can't tell. They're flat to the windshield and no overarching, tacky adapter shows. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.