No more SRX Turbo??? - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, No more SRX Turbo??? in Cadillac SRX Forums; The 3.6DI going into the SRX has 304 horsepower and 273 foot pounds of torque compared to the 2.8 liter ...
    Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Re: No more SRX Turbo???

The 3.6DI going into the SRX has 304 horsepower and 273 foot pounds of torque compared to the 2.8 liter turbo which has 265 horsepower and 223 foot pounds of torque. So the V6 is a lot more powerful all around. Plus, it may be getting a slight bump in power...

(edit: this post was corrected in the response below...)

Quote Originally Posted by Razorecko View Post
    The new di is 296hp & 268lbs tq. Not really comparable to the turbo with that 30ft lb loss in tq. Hopefully they dont try to pass it off at the same price as the 2.8t is now
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

RAB
    RAB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Premium AWD Sport Sedan w/FE5 - RadiantSilver|Ebony

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cadillac View Post
    The 3.6DI going into the SRX has 304 horsepower and 273 foot pounds of torque compared to the 2.8 liter turbo which has 265 horsepower and 223 foot pounds of torque. So the V6 is a lot more powerful all around. Plus, it may be getting a slight bump in power...
    Lord C., note the HP & torque numbers you've provided for the 2.8L Turbo actually belong to the 3.0L DI engine.
    The now discontinued 2.8L Turbo engine is rated at 300 Horsepower and 295 ft.-lbs. of torque.
    The 3.6L DI has an equivalent HP number compared to the 2.8L Turbo, however its torque is 22 ft.-lbs. less.
    Having said all that.. the 3.6L DI, assuming it does get into the SRX later in 2011, will be the engine the vehicle should have had from day 1.

Razorecko is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V , 2010 SRX 2.8T

Quote Originally Posted by RAB View Post
    Lord C., note the HP & torque numbers you've provided for the 2.8L Turbo actually belong to the 3.0L DI engine.
    The now discontinued 2.8L Turbo engine is rated at 300 Horsepower and 295 ft.-lbs. of torque.
    The 3.6L DI has an equivalent HP number compared to the 2.8L Turbo, however its torque is 22 ft.-lbs. less.
    Having said all that.. the 3.6L DI, assuming it does get into the SRX later in 2011, will be the engine the vehicle should have had from day 1.
    These are the correct power #'s

You are correct - I had my figures wrong.. So I'm pretty sure the new 3.6DI going into the SRX will have 10-15 more horsepower than the version we have in the CTS now.. So we'll have a little more horsepower and a little less torque.. Hopefully the experience is similar. I was honestly hoping for a little better performance, actually..

Quote Originally Posted by RAB View Post
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

There's actually a new rumor that the new 3.6DI engine will have 330 horsepower and 280 pound-feet of torque...

The 3.6 liter has been confirmed...
    http://cadillacenthusiastmagazine.co...l-3-6l-engine/

Smokin' SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 Perf 3.0,AWD, 2011 Yukon Denali,(403HP), had 04 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cadillac View Post
    The 3.6 liter has been confirmed...
    http://cadillacenthusiastmagazine.co...l-3-6l-engine/

Good article.

Finally! A heated steering wheel and Door Lock switches ON THE DAMN DOORS!! LOL
    Love my Yukons heated steering wheel more than I ever thought I would.........

SS

zinner is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V / 2010 SRX 2.8T

2.8T > 3.6. Too bad they couldn't keep the turbo going.

TheCaptain is online now Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 13 SRX AWD 3.6L Premium - Platinum Ice Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by zinner View Post
    2.8T > 3.6. ....
    Especially with gas at 1.30/L for 87 and 1.40/L for 91!
    I my 3.0L on 87 octane!

Though i would the LFX 3.6L slightly more...

Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
    Especially with gas at 1.30/L for 87 and 1.40/L for 91!
    I my 3.0L on 87 octane!

Though i would the LFX 3.6L slightly more...
    Hey Captain come down to the good ole USA and do some great shopping while you are here and just stop and get some cheaper gas too. There are a lot of our great northern neighbors from Canada coming down to save around $20.00 to $30.00 a fill up.

TheCaptain is online now Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 13 SRX AWD 3.6L Premium - Platinum Ice Metallic

Oh i am headed down alright! I'm going racing for three days at Spring Mountain Motor Resort, and am sticking around that area a bit too! Not to mention, i'm driving the SRX the whole way! I'm expecting a 10 000 ish - 12 000 km road trip this summer!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.