No more SRX Turbo??? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, No more SRX Turbo??? in Cadillac SRX Forums; you guys forget its actually a double savings for gm. Because the turbo model is mated to a higher grade ...
    Razorecko is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V , 2010 SRX 2.8T

Re: No more SRX Turbo???

you guys forget its actually a double savings for gm. Because the turbo model is mated to a higher grade transmission (aisin) to handle the tq levels. So for that few grand you actually get a very durable and well respected motor, the 2.8t motor ( saab motor ) and a more durable transmission. You never ever see an upgraded motor and a trans in a package so the 2.8t package is something that gm makes minimal money off of. I know my wife loves the 2.8t and as do I. The shifts are better than in the 3.0 trans, the power is much greater, and the car is much much quieter. Not only due to the turbo motor but because the vehicle doesnt strain to get going with the tq.

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

It appears as if the 2012 SRX will come with the 3.6DI standard...
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

Smokin' SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 Perf 3.0,AWD, 2011 Yukon Denali,(403HP), had 04 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cadillac View Post
    It appears as if the 2012 SRX will come with the 3.6DI standard...
    That's more believable than a V-8, considering gasoline prices thought to hit $4 a gallon (USA) this summer.....

My Enclave had the 3.6 DI engine and WOW! Even got about same MPG with the 500lb. heavier Enclave! That will make a difference for sure. Hope your sources are accurate.

SS

To keep up on the latest information, subscribe here:
    http://cadillacenthusiastmagazine.co...llac-magazine/

...there's already some more to read - including information about a more powerful 3.6 SIDI.
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

smiley47 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Wagon Black Diamond Tri-Coat

I think I'll wait for the 350 HP twin turbo 3.0 liter LF3 along with interior and exterior changes coming in late 2012 as a 2013 model.

That MAY be your best bet but keep in mind that it may never happen. A twin turbo SRX would impress the hell out of me - but it would unlikely sell a whole lot.

Quote Originally Posted by smiley47 View Post
    I think I'll wait for the 350 HP twin turbo 3.0 liter LF3 along with interior and exterior changes coming in late 2012 as a 2013 model.

RAB
    RAB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Premium AWD Sport Sedan w/FE5 - RadiantSilver|Ebony

You've got to look at where GM has been investing HUGE sums of money. They've invested more than $500 million in the development of a high feature small block V8 together with the plant(s) where the engine will be built. It's virtually a given the new V8 engine will be featured in the 2012 (2013?) XTS. With the money that's been spent on the new engine it's a certainty it will appear in several other vehicles as well.

Personally, I'd be quite content to see the 3.6L DI LLT engine get into the 2012 SRX.. but if that in fact is/was part of GM's game plan, wouldn't they have done it by now? (when the vehicle was introduced).
    Regardless.. if the base engine in the SRX does become the 3.6L DI LLT (rather than the considerably weaker 3.0L DI), this will be a very good thing.

As an aside.. I don't think one should arbitrarily consider the 3.6L DI LLT engine to have better fuel economy than the upcoming high-tech high-feature E85-capable direct injection small block V8. With GM spending $500 million plus on the V8 venture I am sure fuel economy has been a very big consideration.

As nice as it sounds, I wouldn't count on seeing a twin-turbo 3.0L engine offered up as an optional engine for the SRX. Such an engine would be more expensive to build (and purchase) than the new V8 I speak of.

I believe the 3.0TT is already being built. So the money is already spent. I'm almost certain the first year of the XTS will come without a V8. Some time after we'll have a V6 hybrid and possibly a V8 - but who knows? The way gas prices are going up, I would not be surprised to see nothing but V6s except in V-Series applications. While the ATS-V is supposed to have a V8, I wouldn't be surprised to see it get the 3.0 TT..

As for the SRX, I find it very unlikely we'll see anything larger or more powerful than the 3.6 SIDI in 2012 (as a 2013 model). Honestly, that'll be all the SRX needs to be competitive with the Lexus RX350.

The new V8 is supposed to be going into a new full-size Chevy and possibly the new Escalade. IF Cadillac moves forward on a new RWD flagship, we'll see this V8 there as well.

Smokin' SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 Perf 3.0,AWD, 2011 Yukon Denali,(403HP), had 04 SRX

Very interesting read Lord. Good points. The 2010/2011 didn't get consideration for the 3.6 eng due to the assembly plant it was bulit in (Mexico) not being geared up for it. Read it somewhere and makes sense.

I put my $$ on the price of gas being a biggest factor in whether or not the V-8 makes it into the SRX. With the 3.6DI eng looking like it will appear there, it simply wouldn't even have the 10% market share the Turbo has currently. Also, a hybrid with gas/elec combined power would be very quick and compete better with Lexus 350 sled.......IMHO

SomeGuyNamedJay is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX

Someone mentioned this is a SAAB engine. My guess is that SAAB is looking to get exclusive use out of it...

Credit: Jalopnik

Yep this is the same saab motor used in their sportier vehicles

Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cadillac View Post
    It appears that the 2012 SRX will come with the 3.6DI standard...
    The word within GM is that the 3.0 DI will still be the standard SRX base engine and the 3.6 DI is the replacement for the 2.8 Turbo. The 3.6 DI will be a more popular option and should have a lower cost than the Turbo was for SRX buyers and should get better gas milage than the 3.0 DI.

The new di is 296hp & 268lbs tq. Not really comparable to the turbo with that 30ft lb loss in tq. Hopefully they dont try to pass it off at the same price as the 2.8t is now

qball is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX turbo

Our 2.8 turbo (soon to be discontinued) in Carribean Blue (color already discontinued)...collectors item???

Too bad on the turbo...it's a nice package.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by qball View Post
    Our 2.8 turbo (soon to be discontinued) in Carribean Blue (color already discontinued)...collectors item???

Too bad on the turbo...it's a nice package.
    It'll definitely be rare, that's for sure!
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.