Struts, Liftgate......round 2!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Struts, Liftgate......round 2! in Cadillac SRX Forums; WOW, they closed my first post because of all the mouthing! Let's get back to why we are here to ...
    shrb is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX 2010

Struts, Liftgate......round 2!

WOW, they closed my first post because of all the mouthing!

Let's get back to why we are here to begin with. I picked up my car this morning after them having it for 7 days. Here are the things that were fixed. I will try and be specific so if anyone else is having this problem: (wording from ticket)

1. Squeak, Squawk or Thump Noise from Rear of Vehicle
    Cause: Not insulated
    Fix: Installed insulation in rear spring mounts as outlined in bulletin PI0105
    2. Right Front Area Sounds like Struts are Worn
    Cause: Not Lubed
    Fix: Lubricted front stabilizer bushings as described in bulletin
    3. Check Leak in Front Center of Vehicle
    Cause: Leaking Tank
    Fix: Found Radiator Leaking, Replaced Radiator Assembly
    4. SVC Update-INV & Customer Vehicles - Lighting Cal-Reprog
    Cause: Campaign
    Fix: Reprogrammed BCM with S19F3
    5. Rubbing Noise in Steering Coumn
    Cause: Could Not Duplicate
    Fix: Called back to dealership just now because one of the technicians drove the car with me and heard the noise. After having the car for a couple of hours, the serv. guy came and told me the steering "?" was not lubed at the factory and they would have to take the steering column apart, lube it, put back together, drive it, take it apart, lube it again and finally put back together. This is done at the factory twice and does not have to be done for the lifetime of the car. WILL HAVE TO TAKE BACK TO HAVE DONE.
    6. Passener side mirror will not move Left to Right
    Cause: Open Circuit
    Fix: Found Open Wire Circuits in Folding Part of Mirror. Replaced Mirror Assembly. (fixed mirror and 2 weeks later it stopped working. Took it back and they coulnd fix it, so they ordered a mirror and it took 6 weeks to come in. The mirror was put on at this time)

This is just an example of what I have been through. If you are having similar problems, I hope this information helps you. I do understand that some noise will occurr when the car is cold. It has been 70 - 85 degrees where I live now.

My hearing is January 13th....will keep you guys posted.
    S

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Re: Struts, Liftgate......round 2!

Shana, Thanks for the detailed update. I think I was right when I said your car must have been assembled on "hangover Monday". Geez! What else might be lurking that you have yet to discover? So many things missing and not lubed or insulated. Where was the quality control?

Ponyman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium, Radiant Silver

Shrb, I can't remember, is it you that they have offered another vehicle to, or is that another poster?

smiley47 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Wagon Black Diamond Tri-Coat

Shrb, do you happen to know your build date? Just curious.

Steve, thanks for the support. Coming home from picking up my car, the sunroof screen would not work. I always keep it open b/c I like the light. Anyway, I was about 10 miles out and I just pulled over and started messing with it. The screen opened half way; I mashed it bout 20 times and it would only go halfway. I mashed the sunroof and it went....zzzzzz for about 3 sec. and stopped. I was about to die. Finally, the sunroof closed after moving about 1/2 inch and then the screen started working. Man, when I got home and was documenting what was done, I realized they had not lubed the steering column like I was told needed to be done because it was not done at the factory. The service manager is getting back to me on that. It says on the ticket that the problem could not be duplicated.....When I dropped the car off for service, I drove the car with the technician and he heard the noise as I turned the wheel and agreed. After about 3 hours, they told me what they found. My 8 yr. old son spent about 5 hours at the dealership & in another town, they finally sent me home in a loaner. So today when I saw that on the ticket at home I called. So I'm waiting on hearing from them on why it was not done. I did look their ticket that was handwritten over before I left and everything looked OK. My hearing is in 3 weeks so I will just wait until then before I get anything else done.

Smiley, it looks like my car was made on 09/09. We bought the car in late Nov. of 2009. I think mine might have just been the very first, practice one! lol I am so torn between getting another SRX or a Tahoe. I drove a Tahoe for the past week while they had mine and I hate the fact that the back seats have to be laid down to put groceries in. That is a deal breaker for me. My sons tae kwon do bag is huge and that alone takes up 1/3 of my space in my SRX. I am fine with GM, just not sure about the model of car.....any thoughts guys?
    S

GeeVee is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Crystal Red AWD 3L Luxury & Performance SRX

Shrb, you have my sympathy and best wishes for what you have gone through. I`ve been a dedicated GM guy all my life but this is inexcusable and disgraceful. There are supposed to be checks and balances to prevent these types of major failures. It`s called quality control. Shame on GM and Cadillac for dropping the ball so badly on this

smiley47 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Wagon Black Diamond Tri-Coat

Sorry about your bad luck. I'm one of the many fortunate ones who has had very few issues, (chrome strip, turbo fuel sensor reprogram recall, and now the steering sleeve recall). All in all, not bad for the first year model run. My build date was 1-05-10 so by then maybe the process was fine tuned. I also have a dealer that treats customers very professionally.

I would hope that GM would give you a smokin' deal on a 2011 and just take yours back for use as a dealer exec car. If not, you might want to check out the Traverse LTZ. A friend of mine just got one as a company car and it is sweet. Nice interior, seats lay down flat, etc. The LTZ is loaded. Worth a look if you can't get relief from the dealer on the SRX.

Good luck.

Thanks guys for all your support. At least I am smiling..... lol

I have thought about other cars, but I really LOVE the way this one will drop to 90 mph in a heartbeat! I do love to drive fast and my friend/lawyer that takes care of my tickets told me "No more"....man, I may have to buy one of those cop detectors. haha

I just want a "no hassle" ride. I will keep you updated.
    S

True story.....after all that, I picked up the car yesterday and the sunscreen wouldn't work and today as I was heading home from the metrolex and my navigation.....yep, stopped working. I called OnStar to download directions to this store, which I knew how to get there, but I wanted to see if the way I thought was really the quickest. Well, on the right hand side of the screen it said 29 mi. to turn right, which would have put me about a block from my destination, but on the left hand side it said I had 79 mi and it would take me 74 min. WHAT????? So I called OnStar back and they said "Yes, based on your GPS, you are 29 mi from your destination, but the other part is.......Cadillac! I will have to transfer you to that department". I just had to laugh! Of course, it is Cadillac because that is just my luck with this car! When I got to my destination the screen still showed to be over 40 mi, but yet I was sitting in the parking lot. They had to "reprogram" something and so when I headed home I did it again and it worked. WOW, can Jan. 13th come any sooner? I think I am going with an upgrade on the SRX. I just love it sooooo much. By them tightening the springs and realigning the struts it is riding smoother. Liftgate is still squeaky.....and I hate that noise. lol
    All I can say, is I do love the SRX.....call me crazy, but it drives amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by shrb View Post
    True story.....after all that, I picked up the car yesterday and the sunscreen wouldn't work and today as I was heading home from the metrolex and my navigation.....yep, stopped working. I called OnStar to download directions to this store, which I knew how to get there, but I wanted to see if the way I thought was really the quickest. Well, on the right hand side of the screen it said 29 mi. to turn right, which would have put me about a block from my destination, but on the left hand side it said I had 79 mi and it would take me 74 min. WHAT????? So I called OnStar back and they said "Yes, based on your GPS, you are 29 mi from your destination, but the other part is.......Cadillac! I will have to transfer you to that department". I just had to laugh! Of course, it is Cadillac because that is just my luck with this car! When I got to my destination the screen still showed to be over 40 mi, but yet I was sitting in the parking lot. They had to "reprogram" something and so when I headed home I did it again and it worked. WOW, can Jan. 13th come any sooner? I think I am going with an upgrade on the SRX. I just love it sooooo much. By them tightening the springs and realigning the struts it is riding smoother. Liftgate is still squeaky.....and I hate that noise. lol
    All I can say, is I do love the SRX.....call me crazy, but it drives amazing!
    OK. You're crazy! Not for loving the SRX but for taking your chances on another one after what you've been through.

Smokin' SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 Perf 3.0,AWD, 2011 Yukon Denali,(403HP), had 04 SRX

I once ate at a restaurant that my friends loved. The cook called in sick, the waitress was out the nite before, and the food was OK but served cold. They heated it, but..........

Based on my many friends testimony, I went back again and have been, ever since. That was 2001.

Buy another SRX and enjoy it! Nothing else compares w/o spending another $15-$20K :-)

SS

Quote Originally Posted by Smokin' SRX View Post
    I once ate at a restaurant that my friends loved. The cook called in sick, the waitress was out the nite before, and the food was OK but served cold. They heated it, but..........

Based on my many friends testimony, I went back again and have been, ever since. That was 2001.

Buy another SRX and enjoy it! Nothing else compares w/o spending another $15-$20K :-)

SS

You wouldn't consider an Acura MDX on par with an SRX? I almost bought that until I found the SRX for $1K less.

An Acura.....I have not thought about. I have looked at the Lexus because it looks so much like the SRX. Not 100% sure what I'm gonna do, but today driving to Abilene......nice!

Well, today I talked to Rich Henderson with GM and he was the rudest man ever! I called to visit one last time with him on a deal with my car. We have talked before and I told him about my problems and still needing repairs. Since this is a Cadillac website, I will not go into what this man told me, but with the 13 pages of documentation that I have, all the service tickets, history on my car and notes, all I have to say is he better be prepared to meet with me on January 13th. This lady is not going to allow anyone to talk to her disrespectful and somehow feel that this whole issue is my fault.....really!
    Say a prayer guys, I go next Thursday and i have to represent myself. There will not be anyone there from the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles to help me out! Please feel free to send me a message with advice, support or just words of encouragement. My husband is in the midst of tax season and will not be able to attend with me. I have contacted an attorney friend that might show up to help me out. We shall see.
    S

GeeVee is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Crystal Red AWD 3L Luxury & Performance SRX

Once again I`m ashamed to have bought a vehicle from a company that allows it`s people to treat customers in such a fashion. Shrb, with all sincerity, I would hire a lawyer and have him/her with me at that Jan.13th meeting/showdown. Perhaps then and only then will you get the respect and dignity you deserve. I wish you the best of luck!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.