Roaring/Rubbing sound when it's cold..anyone else??? - Page 8
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Roaring/Rubbing sound when it's cold..anyone else??? in Cadillac SRX Forums; Remember - SRX's are made in Mexico - just saying.......
    Al15905 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): srx

Re: Roaring/Rubbing sound when it's cold..anyone else???

Remember - SRX's are made in Mexico - just saying....

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by Al15905 View Post
    Remember - SRX's are made in Mexico - just saying....
    So now you're judging eh... real nice / mature buddy.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

Ponyman is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium, Radiant Silver

Hey Cap, ignore him. Everything he posts is derogatory and just trying to stir up trouble. Probably some 15 year old kid on his mama's computer, wishing he owned this vehicle.

cavharley is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

Bet you wished u had one! What difference does it make where its made ? plenty of US made cars with issues also. It's made by Caddillac for Cadillac with all their specs .

John McMahon is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Though these posts are old, I thought I'd try to help as I too have (or had) this problem. After numerous attempts with the dealer and GM customer service, it was determined the cause to be a faulty strut mount bearing assembly. At the time (December 2010) parts were unavailable. After several weeks they came in and were replaced (both sides though one was clearly worse than the other). The problem was solved.

parrot418 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

The strut mounts. Took a few weeks to get the parts but the rubbing sound is gone now.

Duende1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I was having the same issue described in this thread with my 2011 Cadillac SRX Premium with 12, 512 miles. I live in NE Minnesota where the temps routinely dip to 20 to 40 below zero. I had the awful noise of scrunching, scraping, etc. I read this thread and went to the GM dealer, nearest Cadillac dealer is 60 miles away, and told them of my woes mentioning the TSB No. 10-03-08-001 I found on this thread. The service manager looked up the TSB and simply said I will order the parts. One week later, yesterday, the dealership called and told me the parts were in. Today I had the repair done in one hour replacing both sides. The problem is solved...I now have a smooth quiet ride. Not sure what all these numbers mean but from the invoice the parts replaced where E2179 Stabilizer shaft insulator 14 W 22741853 W-insulator and 12800 R&R Bar bushings per DOC ID10 03 08 001B. My SRX no longer sounds like a lumber wagon.
    TheCaptain and TheCaptain like this.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Duende1 View Post
    I was having the same issue described in this thread with my 2011 Cadillac SRX Premium with 12, 512 miles. I live in NE Minnesota where the temps routinely dip to 20 to 40 below zero. I had the awful noise of scrunching, scraping, etc. I read this thread and went to the GM dealer, nearest Cadillac dealer is 60 miles away, and told them of my woes mentioning the TSB No. 10-03-08-001 I found on this thread. The service manager looked up the TSB and simply said I will order the parts. One week later, yesterday, the dealership called and told me the parts were in. Today I had the repair done in one hour replacing both sides. The problem is solved...I now have a smooth quiet ride. Not sure what all these numbers mean but from the invoice the parts replaced where E2179 Stabilizer shaft insulator 14 W 22741853 W-insulator and 12800 R&R Bar bushings per DOC ID10 03 08 001B. My SRX no longer sounds like a lumber wagon.
    Thanks for posting your experience, Duende1! I'm pleased your dealer was able to resolve your concerns to your satisfaction, and please feel free to contact me if you would like me to officially document your dealer feedback. I'm reachable via email at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com!

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

mfdoc911 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): srx

Got my SRX out of the shop yesterday, it was the 8th time since January of this year for this problem, hopefully it is finally fixed

davedogcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium (3.0L, FWD), 2008 CTS (3.6L DI, AWD)

Just to throw my name it the hat here, I brought my SRX in for similar noises (among other things) and just heard back from the dealership: Strut Mounts need replaced, national back order (they think their is a new version in the works), they will let me know when they get them. No ETA.

miamictsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Also have the same noise on 3 months old 2013 SRX4. Will be going to the dealer soon for CUE update and this now and any other recalls it may have.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.