Roaring/Rubbing sound when it's cold..anyone else??? - Page 7
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Roaring/Rubbing sound when it's cold..anyone else??? in Cadillac SRX Forums; Originally Posted by cavharley I had upper strut parts replaced in Dec and its been perfect ! , when you ...
    stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Re: Roaring/Rubbing sound when it's cold..anyone else???

Quote Originally Posted by cavharley View Post
    I had upper strut parts replaced in Dec and its been perfect ! , when you do there will be no more noise . I can't believe I'm still reading about the same problem with so many of you. This imfo has been posted for several weeks. Its just as cold in NY and no noise,you don't need to research this! Its the upper strut mounts. Good Luck If you want to chat call me and I'll be happy to explain this 518-381-1747 Mike
    You're brave putting a phone number on the internet. Every SPAMBOT known to man will have it in no time.

Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by stevec5375 View Post
    You're brave putting a phone number on the internet. Every SPAMBOT known to man will have it in no time.
    Steve you are certainly spot on with that one! Best to use PMs for contact information.

cavharley is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

Your right ! , its not a personal # (Business) and all my calls are screened but I thought I could explain it better on phone. Won't do it again.

Oh ! I forgot to mention that my Phone number is also in the yellow pages aprox 100,000 or so in my area alone not to mention Super pages, so I'm trying to figure out what the heck I'm going to do. Just thought I'd have a little fun with this since it's not a ss # or ba or cc #'s , I'll bet many of you are also in the PB. Better watch out for SPAMBOT POLICE, It's Paranoia time Yikes ,No calls yet darn it.

lauriel is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX FWD PREMIUM 3.0L V6 GOLD MIST SHALE/BROWNSTONE

Quote Originally Posted by cavharley View Post
    Oh ! I forgot to mention that my Phone number is also in the yellow pages aprox 100,000 or so in my area alone not to mention Super pages, so I'm trying to figure out what the heck I'm going to do. Just thought I'd have a little fun with this since it's not a ss # or ba or cc #'s , I'll bet many of you are also in the PB. Better watch out for SPAMBOT POLICE, It's Paranoia time Yikes ,No calls yet darn it.
    LOL! ...I thought about calling you.

lauriel is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX FWD PREMIUM 3.0L V6 GOLD MIST SHALE/BROWNSTONE

Post Re: Roaring/Rubbing sound when it's cold..anyone else???

UPDATE to my prior post on the front end noise during freezing temperatures regarding: Defective Struts. On 2/14/11 Left and Right front strut mount bearings replaced. Part #20999167. and also, parts were on back order. The weather conditions in this area are rarely as extreme as the winter storm that just came through recently with 3 degree snow/ice and is now temp back up to 75 degree. So, i'll have to assume the replacement parts were a fix unless that weather condition was to present again to know for sure.

You should be fine , Good luck still no noise in NY (20 degrees ) Must be nice there I'm Jealous !

Just thought about it and I'm not sure which is worse ,weather or the border situation, Hmmm! might try the sunshine.

Smokin' SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 Perf 3.0,AWD, 2011 Yukon Denali,(403HP), had 04 SRX

I'm for sunshine too! As for the Border, I'm far off but, don't try to get into a 7-11 store any morning around here! It's DOWN (due to recession?) to about 50 guys hanging around for work! No, not legals........So we have weather and illegals too! But I digress too much, sorry.

Glad yours are fixed, Cav and Lauriel. Hope others get it done also. No probs here yet with 5,000 miles in cold temps.......

SS

embassy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04CTS, 07STS,10 SRX,Now 13 SRX Premium and 13 ATS Premium

Have my 2010 SRX in the shop for the rubbing noise when turning the wheel. Mine started about 3 weeks after having the power steering recall done, but service advisor says that it was not related. He just called me and said that there is a bulletin on this issue. I asked if it was struts, motor mounts, or .... He said that it was in the power steering unit, and that the part is back ordered. Is going to print out the bulletin and leave in my vehicle when I pick it up. Fortunately it was below freezing today when I took it in as he was able to hear the sound.

If it's the same scraping sound when cold outside that we have been discussing for months then it is the upper strut mounts period ! Read the history with this issue ,and we have fixed it by replacing upper strut mounts. Don't let them tell you different or you'll be screwing with this forever. It is NOT the power steering unit. Good Luck

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Upper strut mounts and new front stabalizer bushings, and all my squeaking is gone!!
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

dselmeyer is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX

SRX was in 1st time, dealer did nothing
    SRX was in 2nd time, dealer still did nothing. They did say a new strut was being developed and would be out in a week, then a month....so who knows.
    SRX was in a 3rd time to a different dealer, struts and upper mounts were replaced, still have the same issue. This car doesn't drive like a cadillac with the front suspension, it's a POS!

The gas tank noise is just plain annoying! Who would create a tank with no baffles and then it's going to be late August before they get a fix for this?

There is an attorney contacting GM on my behalf to start the lemon law procedure for Ohio.

Sorry but wrong parts NOT replaced , UPPRE STRUT MOUNTS period. Everyone else is satisfied !

P.S Must be somthing else other than our problem , RE: Roaring scrapping noise when cold ) temt Wise , below 40 degrees.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.