Roaring/Rubbing sound when it's cold..anyone else??? - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Roaring/Rubbing sound when it's cold..anyone else??? in Cadillac SRX Forums; Good news my SRX is Fixed! Re: Scraping wheel noise when cold. Great tech he called techline said to replace ...
    cavharley is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

Re: Roaring/Rubbing sound when it's cold..anyone else???

Good news my SRX is Fixed! Re: Scraping wheel noise when cold. Great tech he called techline said to replace strut componet or spring replacement both sides , also replaced strut bearings (front)Took 2 weeks for parts ,2hrs to fix. I was beginning to think there was no hope reading all the blogs. To carolinamom42 why are u renting cars and driving junks ? this car is safe to drive just sounds bad when cold. I've been driving mine all the time.I believe these are the part #'s (20959159 (FP) : mount (07395-K ) also should include strut bearings. Good luck,Happy in NY (27degrees today and no noise)

Ponyman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium, Radiant Silver

Great news!!

shrb is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX 2010

carolinamom42,
    All I can tell you is I started having trouble in March of 2009 and I am going to court on Thursday, Jan. 13th for my complaint with the Texas Dept. of Transportation under the lemon law. All that you have to do is prove you have given them 3 opportunities to fix your car for the same thing and if they fail, than file a complaint. I learned the hard way, but only filed the complaint at the end of October and it went really fast from there. I just have put up with this nonsense thinking everytime was the last time! I have a case advisory with TXDOT that I can call for support, but the main thing is documentation. Go to my thread, "Struts, Liftgate.....round 2" and read what one guy posted. Awesome information on the steps and details. We are too busy to run back and forth and the funny thing is if I win in court, there is a formula for reimbursement. All those 100 mile round trips to the dealership for repairs.....I will probably be charged for in mileage. Just don't wait. The form is online and only cost $35.00. Hope this helps you.
    S

Read my post ! This easy to FIX. Otto Cadillac 518-869-5000 ask for John in service, he will tell you what you need for the steering noise when cold. I posted all the imfo. Good Luck

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Quote Originally Posted by cavharley View Post
    Read my post ! This easy to FIX. Otto Cadillac 518-869-5000 ask for John in service, he will tell you what you need for the steering noise when cold. I posted all the imfo. Good Luck
    If this is easy to fix why don't you have John at Otto Cadillac call GM (Cadillac) and tell them how. There seems to be a lot of people having the problem and Cadillac must be clueless as is evidenced by people having to file the Lemon Law over it.

I don't what else to tell you except its FIXED! Give this imfo to your service dept and they can fix it. Its been a week and no problems and really cold. I know your frustated because I felt the same as you , I paid all this money and could'nt believe my car was making such a grinding sound when steering. When the tech said he knew where the problem was I was not convinced until I drove it for a few days. I just don't understand why the rest of you are still having this problem if they replace the necessary parts as I have described. Otherwise I really like my caddy, runs great and is beautiful (Red awd Lux ) sharpest car on the road! I hope I continue to have good luck ,who knows there just machines and every make of car can have problems and they do.

Auntie Evil is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I have been experiencing the same rubbing sound coming from the front passenger side at low speeds when turning the wheel. Seem to notice when pulling out of garage or backing in. Afraid to even bring it to the dealership for yet another problem. I got my SRX in March of 2010 and it has been at the dealership for service 39 days (not all at once) can't take it any more going to pursue the lemon law anyone else had their car in that much or any advice?

Aunti Evil , I pulled up the Cadillac site and looked up owners ratings and found about 5 not so happy and most rated their cars 5 stars being the highest , they rate 4 categories overall and thats how you get your score. It sounds like you and some others have lemons and I would be upset to. I'm sure alot has to do with your service dept and lousy techs. I noticed alot of these cars were purchased in march and it seems to me they had bugs to work out. I purchased mine in August 2010 and so far just the one problem, but it only has 5000 mi. Sorry your having such problems. Can you tell me what they are?

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Aunti Evil , I pulled up the Cadillac site and looked up owners ratings and found about 5 not so happy and most rated their cars 5 stars being the highest , they rate 4 categories overall and thats how you get your score. It sounds like you and some others have lemons and I would be upset to. I'm sure alot has to do with your service dept and lousy techs. I noticed alot of these cars were purchased in march and it seems to me they had bugs to work out. I purchased mine in August 2010 and so far just the one problem, but it only has 5000 mi. Sorry your having such problems. Can you tell me what they are?
    IMHO, I would not trust reviews on the manufacturer's web site. They can post/delete anything they want to there. You really need a reliable 3rd party web site to get less biased opinions.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Update on my front driver's side suspension squeaking. It is the upper strut mount, and parts are on the way. Should be fixed soon!
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

ajrohman is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I had "the upper strut mounts" replaced Monday and have not had any of the rubbing sound on low speed turns during cold weather occur. Maybe my problem has been solved. In addition they tightened the rear hatch and that has eliminated the cold weather squeak I was also having from this area.

You should be fine , Its been in the low teens and still perfect. I'm glad yours is fixed , if the others with same problem replace upper strut mounts theirs will be fixed also!

shrb is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX 2010

I'm jealous that your dealers are replacing struts, mounts and fixing springs.....lol my dealer told me "No". I'm glad more dealers are taking care of this problem. Maybe just maybe Cadillac has figured out a fix and they are willing to eat the cost of the struts/mounts for happy customers. I was not so lucky, but this does give me great hope!
    Auntie Evil.....go read my post about pursuing the Lemon Law. I just did and had great results. The post is at the top of the list regarding struts, liftgade....round 2.
    Good Luck!
    S

Did you say they wouldn't replace the necessary parts ? , thats crazy this car is under full warranty and they have to do or try what ever takes ! your service dept is F- up . DEMAND IT.

cz9h3d is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): SRX and Escalade...and sometimes a CTS

Did you say they wouldn't replace the necessary parts ? , thats crazy this car is under full warranty and they have to do or try what ever takes ! your service dept is F- up . DEMAND IT.
    The dealer only gets reimbursed for warranty work that is done correctly. If they just start replacing parts based on customer demand, they'll go out of business quickly. There have been a few different front suspension issues since the vehicle launched, so don't assume that every vehicle in this thread has the same issue and repair procedure (one of the issues had a service bulletin that said "don't replace parts"). Of course maybe it is a clueless service department - no way to know. I'm just saying, don't necessarily assume.........

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.