Roaring/Rubbing sound when it's cold..anyone else??? - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Roaring/Rubbing sound when it's cold..anyone else??? in Cadillac SRX Forums; Well I don't have any news to report because the dealer hasn't called me back about my parts that were ...
    Carolinamom42 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

Re: Roaring/Rubbing sound when it's cold..anyone else???

Well I don't have any news to report because the dealer hasn't called me back about my parts that were "ordered". I think it's official that there is a definite problem and that someone had better engineer a better strut or whatever that part is. I'm kind of like jcee in that I am very disappointed in Cadillac. Wonder if anyone who is affiliated with Cadillac ever bothers to read these forums? If so, know this......my Lincoln Navigator never gave me the first problem. I owned it for 8 years. I'm thinking about going back.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Hmm, my front left suspension squeaking is apparently not related to any mud or debris in the suspension. It just squeaks when its cold...
    I'll let the dealer know next time i go in and see what they say.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD

Quote Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
    Hmm, my front left suspension squeaking is apparently not related to any mud or debris in the suspension. It just squeaks when its cold...
    I'll let the dealer know next time i go in and see what they say.
    Capt, I don't know if this pertains to your SRX or not, but I thought I'd bring it to your attention. I found it on the GM Techlink site.

SRX - Front suspension noise over bumps in cold weather
    Lubricate the stabilizer bar bushings with dielectric grease
    Do not replace the stabilizer bar/bushings or any other suspension components

TSB no. 10-03-08-001

Sube

ajrohman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

I had recall 10309 completed today and it did not help the noise. Serv rep said this was the first step in the solution of the problem. They are currently trying repairs on another 2010 SRX by replacing "strut mounts". He is ordering those parts for my vehicle today. These may be the same parts that are on back-order for others on this thread.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Thanks Sube! I'll see what i can do!
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

carbdude is offline Cadillac Owners Member

**I Gave GM Customer Service 866-509-9090 a call this a.m. and got case number established for ALL of our SRX ills.

I suggest to all on this forum, that you take this same action...
    Get Your Issues Documented at the Factory Level.

There is power in numbers, and hopefully GM will find a fix to all of these minor BS issues... issues that should have been addressed before the cars were sold to the public.

Merry Christmas!

Dude

SWATBOY is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX

My dealer, Ed Morse Cadi Tampa, Fl, has ordered me a motor mount to fix the problem. Mine does the same on the right side and they said the mount is defective. Many of the other customers at this dealership have the same problem. Motor mounts on back order of course.

RAB
    RAB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Premium AWD Sport Sedan w/FE5 - RadiantSilver|Ebony

It's interesting reading the varying descriptions of the noise that's being generated. "Roaring/Rubbing" is in the thread title, but I've also read grinding, squeaking, bumping, groaning, ticking and 'tire-rubbing-sound' in some other posters' descriptions.. in discussion of the same priniciple issue or perhaps one or more other noise issues. It's no wonder service managers can often have a difficult time trying to figure out what the customer is getting at.

I am considering selling/trading my problem-free '09 CTS for a '10 or '11 SRX, but I'm not sure I want to buy into mysterious suspension noise problems that GM doesn't quite have a handle on yet. From what I can gather (after reading all posts in this thread), the priniciple issue is that there's a loud 'rubbing' noise occurring (at colder temps only, heard at low vehicle speeds only, and particularly happening with the front wheels being turned one way or the other, such as in a parking manoeuvre), and the problem rests with either :
    a) the front struts themselves, or..
    b) the front strut mounts

It seems to me the problem is not serious (not a show-stopper or cause for alarm) and can be classified as more of an annoyance than anything else. It could well turn out to be a manufacturing tolerance issue with the front struts, and they (GM) could be fixing that problem right now (hence the current back-order on struts). In any event, the issue will ultimately be addressed via warranty on affected vehicles.
    I won't let this particular issue influence any decision I may take to obtain a 2nd gen SRX.

I get a rumble from the left rear of the SRX when I go over uneven pavement. This is different from the rubbing sound in the right front (ordered motor mount for that). They have ordered me a left rear shock which they say is defective. I will let everyone know tomorrow if it fixes the problem.

RAB
    RAB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Premium AWD Sport Sedan w/FE5 - RadiantSilver|Ebony

Quote Originally Posted by SWATBOY View Post
    I get a rumble from the left rear of the SRX when I go over uneven pavement. This is different from the rubbing sound in the right front (ordered motor mount for that). They have ordered me a left rear shock which they say is defective. I will let everyone know tomorrow if it fixes the problem.
    SWATBOY, I see that you live around Tampa, Florida. Was the right front rubbing sound on your vehicle (that your dealer believes is caused by a defective motor mount) initiated/brought on by colder weather? If the problem didn't initiate with any colder weather that you may be experiencing, then your particular issue may be completely different from that of the OP's and other posters' descriptions of the principle "cold weather" noise issue.

As for your rumble issue (from the left rear), would that be cold weather related?.. or are you just reporting on another example of other/unrelated suspension noise to add to the overall mix here?

Just trying to keep things clear, is all.

carbdude is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: CONTACT NHTSA

Additional Contact of SRX Suspension Noise Problems / Issues...

Car problem(s) with the 2010-2011 Cadillac SRX.

This database includes information received by NHTSA from consumers either directly or as recorded by the Vehicle Safety Hotline. This information may be used by NHTSA during the investigation process. You may file your own complaint by calling the NHTSA Monday-Friday 8am to 8pm at (888) 327-4236, TTY: (800) 424-9153. You can also file your complaint online.

For those of you that are not having to contend with these problems, good for you... (but don't tell me to love my car or go buy a something foreign, because I would have done that originally if that were my intent!)

NOW for the rest of us who are having issues, I'd suggest that you contact NHTSA and file a complaint.

I / WE did not spend the kind of money that we did on these vehicles to have to put up with such an inferior design and workmanship, and then these BS trial & error dealer repairs for GM to find the solution.

Maybe they should build these cars back here in the states (OH, WI, MI, IN) where it gets cold instead of F***'n mexico.

MY 2CENTS!!!

Dude

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Re: CONTACT NHTSA

Quote Originally Posted by carbdude View Post
    Additional Contact of SRX Suspension Noise Problems / Issues...

Car problem(s) with the 2010-2011 Cadillac SRX.

This database includes information received by NHTSA from consumers either directly or as recorded by the Vehicle Safety Hotline. This information may be used by NHTSA during the investigation process. You may file your own complaint by calling the NHTSA Monday-Friday 8am to 8pm at (888) 327-4236, TTY: (800) 424-9153. You can also file your complaint online.

For those of you that are not having to contend with these problems, good for you... (but don't tell me to love my car or go buy a something foreign, because I would have done that originally if that were my intent!)

NOW for the rest of us who are having issues, I'd suggest that you contact NHTSA and file a complaint.

I / WE did not spend the kind of money that we did on these vehicles to have to put up with such an inferior design and workmanship, and then these BS trial & error dealer repairs for GM to find the solution.

Maybe they should build these cars back here in the states (OH, WI, MI, IN) where it gets cold instead of F***'n mexico.

MY 2CENTS!!!

Dude
    I love it! I agree with you 110%

Ponyman is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium, Radiant Silver

Then go buy something else American instead.

stemp is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): srx

I bought an srx also and the first day they delivered it we heard the same rubbing noise.We live in Alberta Canada and it does get cold and thats when we hear the noise.So it sounds like the same problem cold wheather only.Phoned the dealer and told him to look into it and will let you know what he found out.

Quote Originally Posted by SWATBOY View Post
    Yes the left rear shock/strut was defective. New one fixed the problem.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.