Wiper Blade Noise - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Wiper Blade Noise in Cadillac SRX Forums; Originally Posted by Marc NY I had a bad experience with one blade that was put on by Sam's Club. ...
    stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Re: Wiper Blade Noise

Quote Originally Posted by Marc NY View Post
    I had a bad experience with one blade that was put on by Sam's Club. It came off when I was pulling up the blade cleaning snow off of it. It might have been defective or partially broken when it was installed.

BTW: I went to the dealer to have some work done on my SRX and told the service guy that my SRX driver's blade was hopping and skipping. They looked at it and installed a new one free of charge. Now that is great service!

As I said above mine were replaced for FREE! I have a 2010 SRX.
    Free? I don't think anything is actually free. You probably paid for it in the bill somewhere else that was neatly hidden away. If these people were actually giving away "free" stuff, they wouldn't be in business very long.

GMJim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04,06,10 SRX; 2011/14 CTS Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by cazzara02 View Post
    is this just a design issue?
    Why not?
    Worn out parts always = design issue.

Most experts suggest replacing as early as six months. yearly for sure.

good info:
    http://autos.yahoo.com/maintain/repa...ques139_1.html

Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by stevec5375 View Post
    Free? I don't think anything is actually free. You probably paid for it in the bill somewhere else that was neatly hidden away. . If these people were actually giving away "free" stuff, they wouldn't be in business very long.
    Being a relatively newer member on this site I can start to see who are the positive members vs. those that we must "prove it to me" ones or naysayers.

What is free to you or me is what some dealerships do for "customer satisfaction" or "good will" reasons and it may cost the dealer money or it may cost GM money but the bottom line it was FREE to me at the time I visited the Cadillac dealership.

Below is a scanned jpeg image of my last visit to the Cadillac dealership. Please note that all service was done under warranty. That is what I call a great dealership who is looking to please their customers. FYI: I never asked them to give me a free windshield wiper, in fact I asked the service person how much do I owe you for the new driver's side wiper-blade after it was replaced ... that is when he told me no charge sir.

Thank You GM/ Keyser Cadillac!

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

OMG! I didn't mean to imply that you didn't get the wiper blades "free" on your invoice. Perhaps I used poor wording. I'm just saying that nothing is really "free" in life. These types of things are absorbed in the cost of other items. Please don' be upset. I think you misunderstood my intent.

Ponyman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium, Radiant Silver

Sounds like a good dealership, and if they continue to treat you that way, then I bet they have a loyal customer.

Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by stevec5375 View Post
    OMG! I didn't mean to imply that you didn't get the wiper blades "free" on your invoice. Perhaps I used poor wording. I'm just saying that nothing is really "free" in life. These types of things are absorbed in the cost of other items. Please don' be upset. I think you misunderstood my intent.
    I will agree that perhaps you did use "poor" wording and I can accept your reasons. What I also read into your thoughts, at least for me anyways, was most people feel nothing is for free! I can certainly concur with those comments, for usually there is a price to pay when we get something for free.

Certainly all of us here paid a good premium to be able to own what most automotive enthusiasts and journalists would consider to be not only a great vehicle but a great linage (Cadillac) in the history of automotive companies.

In the end it is what a great company does for their customers that defines "Customer Satisfaction. "

cadigirlchicago2 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Luxury

I just called my local dealer, they gave me the following info on the wiper blade replacements:

Part #20981080 for the right side
    Part #20981079 for the left side
    Each piece is $22.81

Does this sound like what everyone else is paying for replacement blades?
    Plus they want $17 to install them! Being a girl - is this hard to do or is there somewhere online that I can find instructions on how to do this myself?
    I'd rather save the money and buy myself coffee's for the week!

sunderdude is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX 2.8 Turbo

My 2010 SRX has had the same problem with wiper chatter.
    I asked the dealer if there was a tension adjustment, he said no and could not hear the chatter but it definately does it.
    I ordered a new blade and waiting for it to come it.

It did not do it when I first got the car but now it is 10 months old.

Geeze Cadigirl. Just pull in the service area, and tell them you want new blades. The service writer SHOULD
    install them for free. What would it take him? A couple minutes? Buy him a coffee.

The price is close to what I paid. Look on their website. Sometimes they have 10% off parts coupons.

rdfrahm is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX

I paid about $17 for the passenger's side at Napa..see my post earlier in the thread.

As for installation, I have to say that while I hate the fact that GM felt the need to come up with a new mounting system so we can't just go buy any blade and stick it on there, I have to admit that it is ABSOLUTELY the easiest to replace wiper I've ever seen. You can do it! In the attached photo, just push the button that's circled in red, then pull on the blade in the direction of the arrow (sorry the picture of the blade removed is so blurry...one-handed in the dark is my excuse lol). It may be a little stuck, but really, it isn't difficult at all.

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by cadigirlchicago2 View Post
    I just called my local dealer, they gave me the following info on the wiper blade replacements:

Each piece is $22.81

Plus they want $17 to install them! Being a girl - is this hard to do or is there somewhere online that I can find instructions on how to do this myself?
    Attached Images

cadigirlchicago2 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Luxury

Thanks so much Rich! I need a tire rotation so I guess when I go in I'll just buy the blades from them and tell them that I'm not paying for the install - they can do that free because I"m also having to leave it there to get the replacement parts for the grinding noise when it's cold issue - that's the least they can do for me! Overall I do love my SRX! The only part I don't like is the incredibly poor range on the auto start.

jeff618 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade

Thumbs up Re: Wiper Blade Noise

Just put this on the other srx wiper blade string but here you go:

Try to go with wiper blade replacements that don't require cheesy, plastic adapters. The trico neoform beam blade comes in a version that is specially designed for the caddy srx "push button" wiper arm mount. Its direct connect with no adapters. Quiet, smooth, wipes-clean and fair price.

I've had great luck with these.

So they still don't have a Neoform for the passenger side? (17")

jeff618 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by GMJim View Post
    So they still don't have a Neoform for the passenger side? (17")
    I guess I didn't notice that...I only replaced the driver's blade...I just added it onto my order for the Escalade wipers and didn't notice.

gary2381 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX Premium

Does anyone happen to have the Part # for the rear wiper blade?

Quote Originally Posted by cadigirlchicago2 View Post

Each piece is $22.81

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.