Noisy squeaky front seats!!!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By dkbraz
  • 1 Post By Smokin' SRX
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Noisy squeaky front seats!!!! in Cadillac SRX Forums; I have a 2010 srx turbo and I am very happy with it. Only problem is that the front driver ...
    macklobell is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac XTS Platinum

Noisy squeaky front seats!!!!

I have a 2010 srx turbo and I am very happy with it. Only problem is that the front driver and passenger seats make a terrible squeaking noise continually. Dealer said he had to pass the issue over to TAG and they told him to take the seat apart to see what is loose...Not too happy with that...Anyone else have the same problem....

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

VXGurl is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Perf.

Re: Noisy squeaky front seats!!!!

My passenger seat is squeaking. It happens only when someone is sitting on it and can be replicated when rocking back and forth gently. Very irritating when driving longer distances. It seems to be more pronounced when the seat is moved farther back on the rails. However even sitting up close, it still squeaks. I am hoping that the squeak is not coming from the seat itself but from a loosened connection to the rails.

dkbraz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

Same problem. 2010 SRX. Mainly the driver seat. Have had it in twice and each time the squeak gets worse. Really disappointed, went with American brand over the Infiniti, now regretting it.
    mm9351 likes this.

GMJim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04,06,10 SRX; 2011/14 CTS Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by dkbraz View Post
    went with American brand over the Infiniti, now regretting it.
    Over a squeaking seat? OK.................

Smokin' SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 Perf 3.0,AWD, 2011 Yukon Denali,(403HP), had 04 SRX

Ever hear an Infiniti exhaust system "drone" when they take off? Like an old man on a burrito diet...... Honestly, now that's an awful noise!

But seriously, the seat shouldn't squeak on ANY new car. Not every Dealer is as good as the ones we have on this Forum. Been in twice? 3 strikes and you're out, in my book. (unless mitigating circumstances) But appears he's working on it for you.

Hang in there and pls let us know when resolved.......

SS

PS ..... glad you found us, but were you ever on an Infiniti Forum?? WOW!

http://infinitiforum.net/infiniti-fo...ead.php?t=5194
    mm9351 likes this.

Max405 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX

I have the same noise. I thought the problem, in my case, was the 240lbs on top of the seat.
    Try this, I raised the seat a very small amount and I thought the noise subsided. Not entirely gone, but it makes less noise for sure.
    Joe D.

Razorecko is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V , 2010 SRX 2.8T

One area where noise is coming from is from the left side bottom bolster pressing up against the plastic portion of the seat.

VXGurl is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Perf.

Quote Originally Posted by Max405 View Post
    I have the same noise. I thought the problem, in my case, was the 240lbs on top of the seat.
    Try this, I raised the seat a very small amount and I thought the noise subsided. Not entirely gone, but it makes less noise for sure.
    Joe D.
    Joe,

I could just give you the biggest hug and kiss right now. After several trips to the dealer (with no luck), several embarrassing moments with friends/clients riding along and a few major meltdowns in temper, I took your advice and s l i g h t l y raised the seat. NO SQUEAKS!!! O happy, happy day.

Would it have been too difficult and rare a problem for a Cad mechanic to have prior knowledge? Hmmmm

Anyway, we are absolutely squeak-free now. Thank you , thank you , thank you!! Whoever you are, I love you.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.