Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Noisy squeaky front seats!!!!

7K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  jrose7004 
#1 ·
I have a 2010 srx turbo and I am very happy with it. Only problem is that the front driver and passenger seats make a terrible squeaking noise continually. Dealer said he had to pass the issue over to TAG and they told him to take the seat apart to see what is loose...Not too happy with that...Anyone else have the same problem....:bigroll:

#2 ·
My passenger seat is squeaking. It happens only when someone is sitting on it and can be replicated when rocking back and forth gently. Very irritating when driving longer distances. It seems to be more pronounced when the seat is moved farther back on the rails. However even sitting up close, it still squeaks. I am hoping that the squeak is not coming from the seat itself but from a loosened connection to the rails.

#5 ·
Ever hear an Infiniti exhaust system "drone" when they take off? Like an old man on a burrito diet...... Honestly, now that's an awful noise!

But seriously, the seat shouldn't squeak on ANY new car. Not every Dealer is as good as the ones we have on this Forum. Been in twice? 3 strikes and you're out, in my book. (unless mitigating circumstances) But appears he's working on it for you.

Hang in there and pls let us know when resolved.......

SS

PS ..... glad you found us, but were you ever on an Infiniti Forum?? WOW!

http://infinitiforum.net/infiniti-forum/showthread.php?t=5194

#8 ·
Joe,

I could just give you the biggest hug and kiss right now. After several trips to the dealer (with no luck), several embarrassing moments with friends/clients riding along and a few major meltdowns in temper, I took your advice and s l i g h t l y raised the seat. NO SQUEAKS!!! O happy, happy day.

Would it have been too difficult and rare a problem for a Cad mechanic to have prior knowledge? Hmmmm

Anyway, we are absolutely squeak-free now. Thank you , thank you , thank you!! Whoever you are, I love you.:bouncy:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.