Nav / programming issue - clock resets and location defaults to Wash, DC. - Page 9
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Nav / programming issue - clock resets and location defaults to Wash, DC. in Cadillac SRX Forums; Get ready for a total fiasco. I've had my Nav/Radio unit replaced TWICE over these issues and my 2010 SRX ...
    stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Re: My Turn - Nav Defaults to Washington DC

Get ready for a total fiasco. I've had my Nav/Radio unit replaced TWICE over these issues and my 2010 SRX only has 21K miles on it. I'm out of warranty come Jan 2014 and I plan on being out of this car by then too. I would love to see a dollar figure that I would have paid out of pocket for all the warranty repairs I've had done on this vehicle. Just last week I was in for the trim around the mirror falling off. That was the 3rd time I had to have that fixed even though I was told the last time that the fix was a total redesign of the part. Yeah right! I'd redesign that engineer's job into a pink slip.

I can clearly see why Consumer Reports rates this car's "predicted reliability" as fair/poor.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Etexlady, I'm sorry to hear about your concerns and would like you to know I'm available if you want me to investigate further on your behalf or contact your dealer at any point. Please feel free to email me anytime at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com and I can always investigate your next steps with you.

Stevec, are you still experiencing concerns after your frustration last week? If you would like me to document your feedback or research concerns on your behalf, don't hesitate to email me at the email address above.

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

etexlady is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 Luxury SRX Crystal Red Tintcoat

Thanks, Katie. Unlike Stevec, I have had a very good experience with my SRX. The only warranty service I have had up until now, other than the recalls, was for a humidity filter replacement (?) that was keeping my AC from cooling properly. My lease is up in less than a year and I expect to replace my current SRX with another when the time comes.

Captain,

Why don't you close this thread while your at it? It's a dupe too!

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Merged!
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

carybrent is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Luxury; Platinum Ice Tricoat

Radio & Clock Issues 2010 SRX

Just got the car a few weeks ago. Radio comes on when I start the car whethere I want it on or not.. Tried everything(turned auto volume off; turned off the radio while engine running; turned off the radio when the engine was off). Got out of car and got back in; turned on the engine and the radio comes on. Also digital clock will not stay on correct time. Set it per manual (NAV model) and its fine. Turn off engine and come back later and clock is several hours off. I heard per this forum that a software update might work. Haven't contacted the dealer yet.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Re: Nav / programming issue - clock resets and location defaults to Wash, DC.

This is a known issue (by user's anyway) and warrants a unit replacement in order to fix the radio. The dealer wants to update you a couple of times first, but it likely won't fix the issue.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

davedogcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium (3.0L, FWD), 2008 CTS (3.6L DI, AWD)

my suggestion if they want to try the software upgrade 1st is to schedule an appointment to have it done while-you-wait (takes about an hour), then try it in the parking lot (you'll need to shut off/lock the car, leave it for at least 15 mins, then see if it lost the settings). This way *when* the software fix doesn't work you won't have to drive back out to the dealership. Insist on the radio replacement. It's really the only way.

While I have also had my radio replaced, as well as some other minor items, overall I am very pleased with my 2010 SRX. Once these bugs were worked out it is a very enjoyable vehicle.
    stevec5375 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by davedogcaddy View Post
    my suggestion if they want to try the software upgrade 1st is to schedule an appointment to have it done while-you-wait (takes about an hour), then try it in the parking lot (you'll need to shut off/lock the car, leave it for at least 15 mins, then see if it lost the settings). This way *when* the software fix doesn't work you won't have to drive back out to the dealership. Insist on the radio replacement. It's really the only way.

While I have also had my radio replaced, as well as some other minor items, overall I am very pleased with my 2010 SRX. Once these bugs were worked out it is a very enjoyable vehicle.
    Replacement is the only way. I had to have my Nav/Radio replace TWICE before they got it right. Often what happens is they upgrade the firmware in the Nav/Radio but for whatever reason the flashing procedure doesn't work or it isn't stored. Then after the RAP (Retained Accessory Power) of 15 minutes passes, the Nav/Radio reverts. One thing to be aware of is that even if they replace the Nav/Radio they still need to flash it with the latest firmware if it doesn't already have it.

yes, this is a good point about making sure the new radio has the latest firmware, the great thing is YOU can check their work on this via the menus on the radio! The first time they 'did the update' they actually hadn't...still had the old firmware on it. They swore they ran all the updates, but I had to sit down with their tech and show him the TSB (even tough I TRIED to get them to look at the TSB to start with "oh we don't need to look at that"). Then the tech was like "Oh, it's a USB update!"

Re: Radio & Clock Issues 2010 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by carybrent View Post
    Just got the car a few weeks ago. Radio comes on when I start the car whethere I want it on or not.. Tried everything(turned auto volume off; turned off the radio while engine running; turned off the radio when the engine was off). Got out of car and got back in; turned on the engine and the radio comes on. Also digital clock will not stay on correct time. Set it per manual (NAV model) and its fine. Turn off engine and come back later and clock is several hours off. I heard per this forum that a software update might work. Haven't contacted the dealer yet.
    Hello carybrent,

I understand how these issues can be annoying when dealing with your vehicle. I see you are willing to work with a dealership towards a possible resolution. Other members have offered great advice on the situation. Please let me know if you decide to take it into a dealership. I would like to stay involved throughout the process. I can also be reached via private message so we can continue our interaction that way.

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer service

----------

Quote Originally Posted by davedogcaddy View Post

Hello davedogcaddy,

Thanks for sharing this information with the community. I am happy to hear you are pleased with your 2010 SRX after bugs were worked out. You should definitely be able to enjoy your Cadillac

Laura M.

dcc8203 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 V-Wagon on order

My wife just picked her 2012 SRX up from the dealer for her SECOND entire radio/nav system. I hope this fix is final but it does not inspire confidence in the long term reliability of the car. I shudder to think what this repair would cost out of warranty.
    stevec5375 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc8203 View Post
    My wife just picked her 2012 SRX up from the dealer for her SECOND entire radio/nav system. I hope this fix is final but it does not inspire confidence in the long term reliability of the car. I shudder to think what this repair would cost out of warranty.
    Keep an eye on your headlight assemblies. If they fog up or get condensation inside them, get it replaced. I had one do this and it ended up they found water standing in it. The service adviser told me that it would have cost $1,000 to replace if it had not been under warranty.

Hello dcc8203,

I understand how fixing something for a second time can be frustrating. I wish the best for the proper function of the radio/navigation system for your wife. If you have any other concerns or questions, don't hesitate to contact us.

Laura M.

My service advisor told me the 1st few SRXs they did this came back for a 2nd radio replacement, but 'they' (GM?) have since found a new suppler and hadn't had any of those replacement radios fail. The one they put in my SRX is still doing fine. Not sure if there is any truth to this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.