Nav / programming issue - clock resets and location defaults to Wash, DC. - Page 8
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Nav / programming issue - clock resets and location defaults to Wash, DC. in Cadillac SRX Forums; I have the U415 update back in May on my 2010 and haven't had any issues since. No replacement unit....
    Turbo Dude is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium 2.8 Turbo AWD |Platinum Ice Tricoat

Re: Nav / programming issue - clock resets and location defaults to Wash, DC.

I have the U415 update back in May on my 2010 and haven't had any issues since. No replacement unit.

Jake2010 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX - Premium - Black Raven / Titanium - Chrome Tech

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Dude View Post
    I have the U415 update back in May on my 2010 and haven't had any issues since. No replacement unit.
    Same Here... No unit, just software update.

Huntsmiester is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Hi
    I am having thge same problem and I am glad i found the solution to get my firmware updated to U415 BUT my question I found my Firmware version but the map data version is 20.09.03? how does that equate in to the GM Navdisk part number?
    Any help would be appreciated.

gary2381 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX Premium

I took mine into the dealership and they said that reprogramming the radio was too much work and would likely not fix the issue. They put a new radio in which did resolve the issue of my clock advancing forward six hours. However, my timeshift feature on the radio quit working. I took it back again and they had it for two days. The service manager called me and said that GM has declared the 2010 radios bad and that they put a 2011 radio in. I picked it up and everything seems to work fine.

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Quote Originally Posted by gary2381 View Post
    I took mine into the dealership and they said that reprogramming the radio was too much work and would likely not fix the issue. They put a new radio in which did resolve the issue of my clock advancing forward six hours. However, my timeshift feature on the radio quit working. I took it back again and they had it for two days. The service manager called me and said that GM has declared the 2010 radios bad and that they put a 2011 radio in. I picked it up and everything seems to work fine.
    It only took GM 2 years to admit that the 2010 radios are bad? LMAO!! I've already had two replacements! Now perhaps you can understand why I won't be rushing out to buy the first CUE that comes out. Good grief!

300:29:1 is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury w/NAV

Quote Originally Posted by stevec5375 View Post
    It only took GM 2 years to admit that the 2010 radios are bad? LMAO!! I've already had two replacements! Now perhaps you can understand why I won't be rushing out to buy the first CUE that comes out. Good grief!
    Anyone who buys a car with CUE right away is taking a big chance imo. Some people don't mind though.

rmullin is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I have a 2010 SRX and it has the exact same issue.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

I got to check out CUE in an XTS today. WOW is it fluid, awesome, and it works sweetly!
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD

I'd be willing to bet the 2011 radio is exactly the same as the 2010. The only difference is the 2011 comes with a newer software version preinstalled. The fact that some dealers are saying the "radio itself" is bad and installing a 2011 radio to fix the issue, goes to show just how little they know about their own vehicles.

Sube
    stevec5375 and stevec5375 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sube5186 View Post
    I'd be willing to bet the 2011 radio is exactly the same as the 2010. The only difference is the 2011 comes with a newer software version preinstalled. The fact that some dealers are saying the "radio itself" is bad and installing a 2011 radio to fix the issue, goes to show just how little they know about their own vehicles.

Sube
    Sube,

I agree with you. Some dealers are freaked out at the notion of having to upgrade firmware in the car systems. So instead, they just replace the hardware. Is it any wonder why prices on things keep skyrocketing?

sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD

Quote Originally Posted by stevec5375 View Post
    Sube,

I agree with you. Some dealers are freaked out at the notion of having to upgrade firmware in the car systems. So instead, they just replace the hardware. Is it any wonder why prices on things keep skyrocketing?
    Steve,

Wasn't it you who said they replaced your radio and didn't even update it to the newest firmware? I know somebody said that. I can't remember if it was you or not. Either way, seems like some of these service depts. are clueless.

Sube

Quote Originally Posted by sube5186 View Post
    Steve,

Wasn't it you who said they replaced your radio and didn't even update it to the newest firmware? I know somebody said that. I can't remember if it was you or not. Either way, seems like some of these service depts. are clueless.

Sube
    Sube,

Yes, I had an incident where the first time they replaced my Nav/Radio, they didn't bother to check to see what firmware version it had. Needless to say, I was back at the dealership again getting the "new" Nav/Radio's firmware upgraded. That's like going to a computer store and buying a new machine and getting home with it only to find that you have an old version of Windows (or Mac OS) on it. How difficult can it be to install the new Nav/Radio and check the installed firmware version and upgrade it as necessary?

Steve

etexlady is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 Luxury SRX Crystal Red Tintcoat

My Turn - Nav Defaults to Washington DC

I have a 2011 Luxury SRX. Just a few days ago I tried to enter a destination in the nav and noticed the state indicated I was in Washington DC. I had to change it to my actual location and the nav worked fine from there on. However, the problem has persisted. I don't really want to search all the threads here for an answer but seems I recall the dealership had to update the software, right? I now have two problems for the dealer to take care of. My other problem is the driver door does not lock when the transmission shifts to "drive". All the other doors lock automatically but not the driver's door. I've got less than a year remaining on my lease and this is the first problems I've had with the car.

Uncle_Buck is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium AWD
    I just had mine in for the Nav issue. Dealer told me they tried to update the software but it showed it was already updated. So they installed a new unit. It had to be ordered but it only took a couple of days to get it.

davedogcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium (3.0L, FWD), 2008 CTS (3.6L DI, AWD)

Re: My Turn - Nav Defaults to Washington DC

yup, they will want to update the software. This probably won't fix it (even if you need the update). They will have to replace the radio. Just had mine done a few weeks ago. You are probably having some other issues with the radio 'forgetting' various settings....

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.